WO-S JV 21 Deweyville 20/FINAL

WOSgrad

A lot of penalties from WOS. Most of them from holding and offsides. WOS has a good QB and can throw the ball. Their wide receivers aren't catching the ball. Their running backs are gaining huge yards when they run, but the coach keeps calling for pass plays. We almost lost our QB in second quarter due to head injury.

9 hours ago, kicker 2.0 said:

He came up and talked to me and gave my wife a hug after the game. He seemed to be good. He's a strong, and good kid. Once again though, I wish they would run a secondary set and let him throw more. 

When I watched them, I don't remember but one or two passes.  But overall, I thought the Pirates looked a lot better than last year.  With WS struggling, I think they have a good chance to make the playoffs.  Have two D lineman that look like they could play at UT, and a couple of quick backs.  Defense was impressive.  Lost two games by a total of 4 points.  Yep, they're going to surprise some (more) folks this year.

28 minutes ago, REBgp said:

When I watched them, I don't remember but one or two passes.  But overall, I thought the Pirates looked a lot better than last year.  With WS struggling, I think they have a good chance to make the playoffs.  Have two D lineman that look like they could play at UT, and a couple of quick backs.  Defense was impressive.  Lost two games by a total of 4 points.  Yep, they're going to surprise some (more) folks this year.

Deweyville didn't miss playoffs by much last year. Looking at max preps, only lost to west Sabine by 3. Ones apparently improving while the other is doing the opposite. Great chance to cause a stir.