Beaumont Central @ Vidor

Alpha Wolf

20 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

The game was originally set for Tuesday, September 26th along with the other 22-5A games but was confirmed that it was moved to Wednesday, the 27th by an administrator of this website. 

That is somewhat correct.  It was moved to the 27th.  But Coach Nelson last week confirmed that the game had been moved back to the 26th.  I saw a facebook post from the Vidor athletic secretary affirming that.

The game will be played on October 26th.

4 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

That is somewhat correct.  It was moved to the 27th.  But Coach Nelson last week confirmed that the game had been moved back to the 26th.  I saw a facebook post from the Vidor athletic secretary affirming that.

The game will be played on October 26th.

Ok, so the 26th it is...

28-7 Vidor. This community is looking for something to lift their spirits. That's exactly what the pirates will do. Same thing it was last year. All the talent in the world, but will have a hard time defending the slot t. Vidor's defense will create some turnovers and get the ball back to their offense. Central will get frustrated and try to get it all back at once and throw a pick or two. Vidor will also win the special teams battle. Good luck and I hope everyone has an injury free game. 

Per many post on the PAM vs Central game, it was very sloppy on both sides.  Not unexpected under the circumstances.  I just hope Coach Matthews will have enough players to make this competitive.  Last info I saw, he only had 18 of 52.  Does anyone have any updated information?

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Per many post on the PAM vs Central game, it was very sloppy on both sides.  Not unexpected under the circumstances.  I just hope Coach Matthews will have enough players to make this competitive.  Last info I saw, he only had 18 of 52.  Does anyone have any updated information?

Coach Babin told me that they were all back. We were talking about teams and our district so I asked him the same question 

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

I personally spoke to Coach Matthews last night in press box. He said they are about 90-95%. Still missing a few. Did not mention who those few were.

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I personally spoke to Coach Matthews last night in press box. He said they are about 90-95%. Still missing a few. Did not mention who those few were.

Good thing that he didn't have much to go off of from a film stand point from that game...

The JV game kicks off at 5 pm tonight.  He'll have a better idea by watching the JV tonight then from watching the Varsity last night...:) 

3 hours ago, D3zii said:

People are looking at the Memorial Score and getting the wrong idea..That Defense is tough, once the offense gets going Central will be okay 

28-14 Jags 

I agree.  The Titans D-line was destructive.  I don't know if anyone else in district will be able to replicate that.  Jags will be fine.

5 minutes ago, pakronos said:

i'm thinking this could be a low scoring close game. I don't think central defense gonna stop the slot, but i do think central will move the ball on vidor due to they took a hit from graduation on defense. this might be who have the ball last. also central MUST get better play from the center....oh and HYDRATE!!!!!

I think vidor has 6 or 7 coming back on d. Offense is where they took the big hit.

11 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

And now Central students and staff don't know when they will return to the campus due to air quality and mold...

Not surprised.  The mayhem caused by Harvey will linger for many years.  So Central has another disruption, and Vidor hasn't even played a game, or had much practice.  All the makings of another sloppy game.  

4 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Not surprised.  The mayhem caused by Harvey will linger for many years.  So Central has another disruption, and Vidor hasn't even played a game, or had much practice.  All the makings of another sloppy game.  

True, which means I'll take my chances with vidor in a sloppy game for two reasons:

1- that offense is hard to stop if your not mentally prepared for it. 

2- Vidor has been focusing on Central for the past week and a half due to their bye week. The coaches will have them ready for this game.

In a sloppy game it's going to come down to who makes less mistakes. I would say Vidor at this point.