Port Neches-Groves 42 Lumberton 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

29 minutes ago, GAGE12 said:

lumberton crying about playing schools bigger....they played hf which is less than half their size

Actually the person who said that isn't even from Lumberton I don't think. And there was one comment (by him) saying Lumberton should be playing 4A, another person agreed with him. Where do you see us Lumberton people crying about it? I'm curious because unless I'm blind or illiterate I don't see it....

7 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Do you remember playing a LCM your senior year? Lol

Actually that game was pretty memorable for me. I had the honor of wearing #12 for that game and being picked as captain because of the tragic event that happened the week before (don't know why I was chosen since I was just backup qb).

first half wasn't too bad, we kept it close. All of WOS was standing on yalls sidelines that game. Then y'all come out after half and whoop our butts. We joked about it and said y'all went in at half and switched jerseys with the WOS players. 45-0

On 9/21/2017 at 0:13 PM, indianforever said:

Groves 8th grade A team has a hoss of a running back...takes 3 to 4 kids to tackle him

Dude...you could have warned me.  This was the first half team, purple jerseys and pants.  Kid played RB and MLB.  He was good.  

He scored on the first play of the game.  The team recovered the kickoff.  Passing TD the next play.  Beautiful pass to a small kid that could catch.  Really good hands and he is salty.  Team was athletic and tough.  Not the fastest but powerful.  Score was 20-0 at the half.  I don't think that team was trying to run up a score after those first 2 TD's.  The Crosby defense did step up a little too.  That big RB didn't carry a ton after the first quarter.

Second half team (Port Neches? White pants) were also athletic but not as much.  Got hurt with some penalties (over aggressive DE's).  Final score was 20-13.  Aren't middle school PAT kicks 2pts?  Crosby kicked one but were given 1 point.  

I talked to one of the dads after the game.  He said this group were little league champions and they have a decent core group.  They looked really good.  Great trip with really friendly people.