Port Neches-Groves 42 Lumberton 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

22 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Lumberton needs to be playing 4A

I agree. They are caught in an unfortunate spot right on the wrong side of the border between classifications. They would fit in perfectly in 4A Division 1. I know they aren't the only ones that have to deal with this kind of thing, but it's stupid for them to have to play schools with 500-1000 kids more than them. I'm not saying Lumberton would win state in 4A, but the games would be much more interesting and the matchups would be exciting. I'm hoping the redistricting and the application of the division system to 5A will lead to Lumberton being in a district with the bigger 4As. Silsbee, LCM, Bridge City, and Lumberton belong in the same district. 

19 minutes ago, Acadien said:

I agree. They are caught in an unfortunate spot right on the wrong side of the border between classifications. They would fit in perfectly in 4A Division 1. I know they aren't the only ones that have to deal with this kind of thing, but it's stupid for them to have to play schools with 500-1000 kids more than them. I'm not saying Lumberton would win state in 4A, but the games would be much more interesting and the matchups would be exciting. I'm hoping the redistricting and the application of the division system to 5A will lead to Lumberton being in a district with the bigger 4As. Silsbee, LCM, Bridge City, and Lumberton belong in the same district. 

Just curious how many students do they have at Lumberton?

The raiders had decent size and the qb does have a decent arm, The RB can get it done just need to feed him, they played good ball inside the 20s but that was it. Riggs could have wiped em all over the field last night had he wanted to, so something I cant remember seeing him do, he dropped a pass lol This is a special combination of kids this year, mainly sophomores and juniors, Life is good on the REZ!! Now the waiting game for livingston

10 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

What would be the odds of y'all dropping down to D2?

Unless they do something crazy with the classifications by moving the lines by a long shot, we'll stay D1. We keep growing just enough to stay where we are. 

Its also going to be interesting to see how kids temporarily displaced by the storm will affect the snapshot numbers. 

This is probably going to get flamed but....We just found out the Crosby JH is picking up a game with PNG next Tuesday.  I know it is 8th grade.  I know this forum is about HS ball.  That being said.....Anybody know anything about the PNG JH teams?  

I'm always curious about their style of play (Vidor being my personal favorite), kids standing out, etc....Just a shot in the dark here.

17 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

This is probably going to get flamed but....We just found out the Crosby JH is picking up a game with PNG next Tuesday.  I know it is 8th grade.  I know this forum is about HS ball.  That being said.....Anybody know anything about the PNG JH teams?  

I'm always curious about their style of play (Vidor being my personal favorite), kids standing out, etc....Just a shot in the dark here.

Are they playing Port Neches or Groves?

19 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

PNG runs a similar offense in middle school as high school. So shotgun spread sideline to sideline passes and the deep ball.  Read option on run. At least that's what it was with Roschon 

" We have added a game for our bye week. Both 7th and 8th A Teams only will be traveling to PNG on next Tuesday. The 7th graders game will start at 5pm and the 8th graders will start 8 minutes after. Here is the address to the stadium.
1401 Merriman -- Port Neches, Texas 77651 "

This is all the post said. I am really glad the coaches found a game for the kids.  

2 hours ago, indianforever said:

Groves 8th grade A team has a hoss of a running back...takes 3 to 4 kids to tackle him

Well.....Crosby has a Defensive End with 2 felonies, an ex-wife, a tattoo on one arm that says "Kill'em All" and on the other arm it says "Mama's Boy".  You probably didn't see him last year because he had to quit the team to take a job as the head toothbrusher at the Anahuac Alligator Farm.  He's a good dad and had to make those child support payments.

He worked all summer bending manhole covers at his uncle's machine shop in Tarkington.  He got fired for picking fights with rottweilers in the shop.  He said he was going to open his own septic service company after football season.  It just depends on his schedule this spring.  He plays soccer too.

34 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

Well.....Crosby has a Defensive End with 2 felonies, an ex-wife, a tattoo on one arm that says "Kill'em All" and on the other arm it says "Mama's Boy".  You probably didn't see him last year because he had to quit the team to take a job as the head toothbrusher at the Anahuac Alligator Farm.  He's a good dad and had to make those child support payments.

He worked all summer bending manhole covers at his uncle's machine shop in Tarkington.  He got fired for picking fights with rottweilers in the shop.  He said he was going to open his own septic service company after football season.  It just depends on his schedule this spring.  He plays soccer too.

I'm not being sarcastic the boy is every bit of 6'0 180lbs