Port Arthur Memorial 35 Beaumont Central 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

16 minutes ago, pakronos said:

they had -21 total yards. yes the offense for central did not look good. now i know we are fans and have biased opinions, BUT people on here were saying how central DOMINATED in the scrimmages and made one kid want to transfer??? central looked AWFUL based on what the central fans were saying. if PAM played that same team they scrimmaged, the whole team would transfer?? i'm just trying to get where this will be a completely different looking team. i understand the storm is responsible, BUT no way they should have had -21 yards total. thoughts?? and no PAM didn't look good on offense  imo.

It can be done, I remember in 2010 Central started out 0-2 losing by a combined score of 93-7 (Memorial and WBrook) but ended up winning district while going 2 or 3 rounds deep that year ..So it can be done 

Gauging Centrals offense on the first game against PAM after all the disruptions is not even close to accurate.  I'll bet the offense looks much improved against Vidor.  Evidently, the defense did an outstanding job.  I doubt there are many defenses in 21 or 22-5A who could hold PAM to 226 yards.

I just hope Coach Matthews has enough players to make it competitive.  It's a very critical game for both teams.  

5 hours ago, D3zii said:

Correct,

one thing I will say. Centrals Defense really played well, until the 4th qtr, I think with the offense going 3 and out so quick and keeping the defense on the field it caught up to them..They're no memorial but they are just as fast and talented 

i question this due to PAM wasn't going deep in the play book. Jones ran it 18 times by him self on zone read plays. on the passes, he just over threw the wr's or bad timing. i would use lack of practice before i use the excuse of "first game". i ve seen PAM in "first games" and they looked better than what they showed. so lack of practice and this schedule is what i blame that performance on. and i wish they stop saying they are a run first team, smh. last time he tried that approach, they won three games. that was dauphine senior year. better start looking at JV wr if none of these guys step up. #8 frances aka lucky whitehead, has a ways to go!!!

10 minutes ago, pakronos said:

no need to have him in there with a 21-6 lead and that 6 was helped by a bad PI call to keep the drive going. gonna need him oct 2 big time and at the res!!

I agree.  With 4 games in 3 weeks, coaches are gonna have to do things like this to keep some fresh legs in the lineup.

10 minutes ago, pakronos said:

i question this due to PAM wasn't going deep in the play book. Jones ran it 18 times by him self on zone read plays. on the passes, he just over threw the wr's or bad timing. i would use lack of practice before i use the excuse of "first game". i ve seen PAM in "first games" and they looked better than what they showed. so lack of practice and this schedule is what i blame that performance on. and i wish they stop saying they are a run first team, smh. last time he tried that approach, they won three games. that was dauphine senior year. better start looking at JV wr if none of these guys step up. #8 frances aka lucky whitehead, has a ways to go!!!

You think Ladia should take over? I do especially if Keitha is used like a rb and is a so so passer

4 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

You think Ladia should take over? I do especially if Keitha is used like a rb and is a so so passer

i thought about this. imo, they need to get up on ozen fast, like 28-0 and work on timing and passing. the typical throwing to the sideline passes wasn't even available. i saw jones look good against north shore and west brook. makes be think these wr's MIGHT be suspect. then again, he was over throwing them by a mile lol. Ladia  should be ready at a moments notice and jones be ready to go to wr. i can agree with that change,IF needed.

33 minutes ago, pakronos said:

i thought about this. imo, they need to get up on ozen fast, like 28-0 and work on timing and passing. the typical throwing to the sideline passes wasn't even available. i saw jones look good against north shore and west brook. makes be think these wr's MIGHT be suspect. then again, he was over throwing them by a mile lol. Ladia  should be ready at a moments notice and jones be ready to go to wr. i can agree with that change,IF needed.

I agree. What I also think is that if anything affected Keitha passing ability it's waiting this late into his high school career to have him take meaningful varsity snaps. To me that has may have a bigger affect than the storm layoff. Many other top qbs across the southeast and southern parts of the state had layoffs and performed well. Keitha can do it, just got to perform. And again if it don't work Ladia is right there

1 hour ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I agree. What I also think is that if anything affected Keitha passing ability it's waiting this late into his high school career to have him take meaningful varsity snaps. To me that has may have a bigger affect than the storm layoff. Many other top qbs across the southeast and southern parts of the state had layoffs and performed well. Keitha can do it, just got to perform. And again if it don't work Ladia is right there

Ladia will be in the same situation.  No meaningful snaps this far.  The perfect situation is having a passing QB and moving Jones to the slot so he can make plays in space or on D which is where he'll play in college.  If a Qb runs the ball 17 times, he's more of a running back.  You have to keep the defense honest, and by forcing the run, we saw some of the worst football in awhile  in the 2nd and 3rd qts.  Honestly their is no way an arm talent like Ladia shouldn't be getting meaningful snaps.

1 hour ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Agree

19 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Wasn't all the talk around how Jones is gonna dominate everybody this year? Now y'all are already saying to put him back at receiver

As much as I don't like Xbox, he obviously did not open the play book and kept it vanilla. Wr's wasn't getting separation, the snaps were on the ground or low. Just saying we have a good option to go to incase it don't work. I'm more concerned of playoffs outside of this area shutting pam down. They can just run it against the district and be fine... it the playoffs that u will need to pass

25 minutes ago, PortArthur33 said:

Ladia will be in the same situation.  No meaningful snaps this far.  The perfect situation is having a passing QB and moving Jones to the slot so he can make plays in space or on D which is where he'll play in college.  If a Qb runs the ball 17 times, he's more of a running back.  You have to keep the defense honest, and by forcing the run, we saw some of the worst football in awhile  in the 2nd and 3rd qts.  Honestly their is no way an arm talent like Ladia shouldn't be getting meaningful snaps.

I agree that both of them have not seen meaningful snaps but the difference to me is Ladia is a true quarterback and Keitha is an athlete. I think they are intricacies at the position. Being a more natural qb, I think he would have a better shot as success especially passing. It's just one game though. From what I hear he is already a better passer. That's what y'all need. Y'all have like 4 Rbs right. Moving Keitha out wide instantly upgrades that position 

25 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Wasn't all the talk around how Jones is gonna dominate everybody this year? Now y'all are already saying to put him back at receiver

I want to see Jones succeed, Even with my Hometown fans saying he is better than my brother and how he will do this and that better than Roschon, I want to see him succeed. Now on the other hand I don't mind pointing out when people are wrong. Looking dead wrong so far. 

3 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I want to see Jones succeed, Even with my Hometown fans saying he is better than my brother and how he will do this and that better than Roschon, I want to see him succeed. Now on the other hand I don't mind pointing out when people are wrong. Looking dead wrong so far. 

That's what I'm thinking. If you remember correctly, it was clearly stated that if RJ were to be playing for PAM then he would be back up right now. 

And even back then I questioned if Jones would be able to make the transition from receiver to qb and I was assured that he would be the best in the area.

IDK, I haven't seen him play so I can't judge. I'm just kinda confused at this point since they are already wanting to pull the plug on him. 

12 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

That's what I'm thinking. If you remember correctly, it was clearly stated that if RJ were to be playing for PAM then he would be back up right now. 

And even back then I questioned if Jones would be able to make the transition from receiver to qb and I was assured that he would be the best in the area.

IDK, I haven't seen him play so I can't judge. I'm just kinda confused at this point since they are already wanting to pull the plug on him. 

I think its the fact that the backup probably has the best arm (that's no exxageration) in the area and you have a qb that pretty much wants to run the ball.  If Ladia wasn't in the equation, it would be a different story.  

35 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

That's incorrect. He would be 3rd teamer... I can pull up the posts if needed...

55 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Incorrect sir. It was stated if RJ was at PAM when Bambi aka coaches son was there, he would not start. It would be a competition for the position between him and Jones this year. Also go look at Jones as soph playing qb on varsity against north shore. That's the Jones I know and what he did against west brook. It's on hudle if u don't believe me. I find it funny after one game Jones ran 17 times and y'all saying, he's a rb. Boy wonder playing for those folks run 25 times about to die and he's a qb smh