Port Arthur Memorial 35 Beaumont Central 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

Any chance PAM goes to the younger kid at QB and move Jones out to WR? Doesn't Ladia have a pretty live arm?

Personally I always thought that would have been best from the start. I understand why Keitha there though. Very dynamic read option.

3 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Personally I always thought that would have been best from the start. I understand Keith's there though. Very dynamic read option.

Definitely understand that. I'm not there obviously so it's very much a guess on my part. But if they don't have a threat of the pass, teams will load up the box and dare them to pass. So one way or another they have to step up in passing.

7 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

PAM will clean things up and be just fine for later on in the season, is my opinion. Idk much about Central, hopefully they can get back on track. Did Central look much different from year's past? Because I read a lot on here about how it wouldn't look at all like recent Central teams

Naw this the same  ol story. At least through one district game. 

32 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

What was central total yards man?

2nd half stats:

PAM

rushing       17/71 yards

passing      6-16, 51 yards

total             33/122 yards

Central

rushing         15/18

passing         4-8, 50 yards

total              23/68 yards

Total

PAM

rushing           40/173 yards

passing          7-18, 53 yards

total               58/226

Central

rushing            32/-34 yards

passing          5-14, 52 yards

total               46/18 yards

Titan defense is very good, very nasty, very physical. That unit will lead the team.

BUT

Central offense is terrible. Got a ways to go. Their defense will have to carry them for a while.

Memorial offense is ok. Jones can run the read option, Hines is Hines.(not sure why he didn't play a down in 2nd half) Jones has to get better at passing the ball. Not sharp at all.

All in all, an ugly game.

Memorials defense is good, that D-Line is probably the best I've seen in awhile ..Their offense is Ahh at best, not as athletic on the outside like in years before,. Like someone stated before , That read option is nice, until teams load the box, so they'll have to developed a passing game,.

as for Central, like I've been saying , Nelson will get it together, but from what I seen tonight they were just slower and executing at a low level...Yes Memorial will make a lot of teams look slow but they didn't look like a Central team that people are use (Fast and Athletic) and they haven't in years imo since 2009

But its weeks one and teams will get better I guarantee you, Central nor Memorial will not look like this in a few weeks, Nelson will get Thoes guys clicking and so will Harrison