There's Water in God's Plan

RETIREDFAN1

There’s Water in God’s Plan
By: Jim Crews

Water has always been a part of God’s plan of salvation. 

In the time before the Flood, God chose to use water as the means of destroying a sin-cursed world. 
Genesis 6: 17

I'm sure there were many other means at His disposal, but God chose to send a great flood upon the earth, by which he removed the corruption, and saved Noah and his family.
I Peter 3:20

Water was shown to be a dividing line between the filthy and the cleansed. Why did God choose to do it this way? That’s His business, not mine. I don’t question God. 

When God delivered the children of Israel from Egyptian bondage, he led them to the Red Sea. This was not the regular route out of Egypt. It would have been closer to go to the north, where there was a dry-land route. But God led them to the sea, and made for them a path between walls of water. They were immersed in cloud and sea.
I Corinthians 10:1-2

When Pharaoh's army tried to follow them, the sea crashed back in on them and destroyed them. Water was shown to be a dividing line between bondage and freedom. Why did God choose to do it this way? That’s His business, not mine. I don’t question God. 

When Naaman, captain of the Syrian army, came to God's prophet for healing of his leprosy, he was told to wash in the Jordan, seven times. 
II Kings 5:10

It does seem a strange requirement.  Naaman thought it was and was angered by it. 
II Kings 5: 11 - 12

He reasoned that his home-land rivers were better than the Jordan. They were, if water was all that was needed. But of course water was only the medium chosen by God for this miracle.

When Naaman submitted to God's command, and dipped seven times in the Jordan, he was healed of his leprosy. Some may ask if  there was something in the water that contributed to this healing.  The answer, of course, is yes.  Naaman was in the water, where God told him to be. The healing was by God's power, but it was applied only to an obedient subject. Water became the dividing line between sickness and health.

Why did God choose to do it this way? That’s His business, not mine. I don’t question God.

When Jesus healed the man born blind he used water as the dividing line between blindness and sight. 
John 9: 1
John 9: 6 - 7

He anointed the man's eyes with clay and told him to go wash in Siloam’s pool. 

I do not know why He did it this way. I only know that the man was blind until he did what the Lord told him to do. When he washed, he could see.

God, with divine power, cleansed the world, freed Israel, healed the leper, and gave sight to the blind. In all these manifestations of His power He chose to use water. He told the subjects to use that water as He directed. He withheld the blessing until their faith was demonstrated by their obedience. I do not know why. It has never occurred to me to question God.

It is hard for me to understand why people who claim to have faith in God, will question His command to be immersed in water to have their sins forgiven and washed away. 
Mark 16: 16
Acts 2:38
Acts 22:16

Seeing all of His examples throughout the Bible, is it so strange that God would choose to use water as the dividing line between the old life of sin, and the new Christian life? 
Romans 6:3-4 

The more puzzling question is how someone who claims to be a  believer,  could "reject the counsel of God against himself?
Luke 7:30

There are millions of people in the world today who refuse to be immersed in water to have their sins washed away, receiving the promised gift of the Holy Spirit. Water is the dividing line in God’s Plan for the redemption of sinful humanity. Why did God choose to do it this way? That’s His business. I don’t question God, I obey Him. 

Do you want to be saved? The Lord told you how.
Luke 13: 3
Matthew 10: 32 - 33
Mark 16: 16
Revelation 2: 10

Why not submit to HIS will, instead of being stubborn and burning? Why not plunge into the waters of baptism and be cleansed and made whole?