Silsbee # 23 cheap hit on Jasper QB

T-daddy

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I remember that. I believe that's one of the things 92 was speaking on. I also remember you calling them out.

And I agree, too many "coincidences" seem to be happening within my community the last few years. I personally have been embarrassed by it all.

I too am hoping this can be taken care of. Hate the rep Silsbee seems to have right now.

This, not denial, is where it begins! I respect that out of you 

7 hours ago, Smoke on the Water said:

Made this post on the game thread but I am posting on the Judgevand Jury thread as well.

I just LOVE all the assumptions and broad strokes folks paint with when it comes to what a teenager thinking about in a situation like this. Hindsight is a beautiful thing for the Saturday morning pundits and trolling mind readers. I am truly sorry the young man was hurt, but make accusations that the Silsbee player was targeting is ridiculously irresponsible and SETX should not allow the young to be maligned in that way, because we DON'T know what the kids intentions were. It's football, controlled warfare, it isthe gridiron and emotions are part of the game. I pray for the Jasper players quick healing!   JMO

that hit is the definition of targeting

1 hour ago, Smoke on the Water said:

Glad u are a mind reader. Y'all just let the coach deal with a player and stop the public debate about a kid

First, for the most part I haven't heard anybody debating about the kid, just his actions. 

I'll say the same thing that I said last year when Silsbee fans were upset about the sucker punch video going viral. If you don't want to end up on bleacherreport.com, don't do stupid crap in public. 

After the way that the admin at Silsbee stepped in last year, I'm confident that the issue will be addressed.

On 9/17/2017 at 7:19 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Read the whole post.  I said the play was wrong and uncalled for.  Just point out why the ref probably didn't throw the flag...

I have not read all pages so this may have already come up.  They have a new rule, which I hate, that protects a defenseless player.  We had it called last year because we blocked the safety on a kickoff.  He was just jogging and not paying attention. Definitely should have been flagged. Now if he had been carrying out a fake, that would be a different story.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

First, for the most part I haven't heard anybody debating about the kid, just his actions. 

I'll say the same thing that I said last year when Silsbee fans were upset about the sucker punch video going viral. If you don't want to end up on bleacherreport.com, don't do stupid crap in public. 

After the way that the admin at Silsbee stepped in last year, I'm confident that the issue will be addressed.

Again let the coach and school officials sort this out. I am certain they will get to the bottom of it all. As far as debate or not? How many pages are now rolling on this thread, how many comments? Ok let's call it a PUBLIC discussion then. Third, the young man has no way to defend himself on this thread because it would be completely inappropriate for him to do so. So why is it appropriate for it to be prosecuted on this site. Again let the officials or coaches or who ever talk with the young man and make interpretation of intent then talk with the coaches and decide what needs to occur or not occur. That is all!

No one is being prosecuted or any discipline handed out as a result of this discussion.  This is a high school football forum.  You don't like it or don't want to read it?  The past 30 years this type of stuff has been handled by the coaches and you see how well that has turned out.  I have no issues with this being addressed and public discussion. 

28 minutes ago, Smoke on the Water said:

Again let the coach and school officials sort this out. I am certain they will get to the bottom of it all. As far as debate or not? How many pages are now rolling on this thread, how many comments? Ok let's call it a PUBLIC discussion then. Third, the young man has no way to defend himself on this thread because it would be completely inappropriate for him to do so. So why is it appropriate for it to be prosecuted on this site. Again let the officials or coaches or who ever talk with the young man and make interpretation of intent then talk with the coaches and decide what needs to occur or not occur. That is all!

I have been of the opinion also that this is not the medium to judge or accuse the kid.  His actions are on video to see and to pretend it didn't happen does nobody any favors.  I don't think I have seen anybody post anything threatening or disparaging to that young man personally.  There is an abundance of folks taking the high road here.  I don't know his name, I don't want to know his name.  God bless and good luck to the young man.  I can tell you care about this young man and don't want to see him crucified in this public medium.  I don't think that is happening.

However, the actions the school employees (coaches), administration, and the UIL take in regards to this incident is of interest to me and apparently many others.  Many on this board have relationships with these schools in many different ways.  This situation could have happened at any school (yes, your school too).  

Is there a pattern of behavior or communication by the coaches encouraging this behavior?  

Would a fifth official on the field made an impact on the behavior of the athletes during the game?

What action, if any, will the school system take in this situation?

I think these are valid questions to discuss and this is the appropriate forum for this discussion.  We are not contaminating any UIL or school district decisions by having a civil discussion about a real event.  

3 hours ago, Smoke on the Water said:

Glad u are a mind reader. Y'all just let the coach deal with a player and stop the public debate about a kid

not a mind reader   i saw a very late hit on a defenseless player to the head and neck area and he lead with his helment

22 hours ago, Smoke on the Water said:

tMade this post on the game thread but I am posting on the Judgevand Jury thread as well.

I just LOVE all the assumptions and broad strokes folks paint with when it comes to what a teenager thinking about in a situation like this. Hindsight is a beautiful thing for the Saturday morning pundits and trolling mind readers. I am truly sorry the young man was hurt, but make accusations that the Silsbee player was targeting is ridiculously irresponsible and SETX should not allow the young to be maligned in that way, because we DON'T know what the kids intentions were. It's football, controlled warfare, it isthe gridiron and emotions are part of the game. I pray for the Jasper players quick healing!   JMO

that hit is the definition of targeting

59 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

I have been of the opinion also that this is not the medium to judge or accuse the kid.  His actions are on video to see and to pretend it didn't happen does nobody any favors.  I don't think I have seen anybody post anything threatening or disparaging to that young man personally.  There is an abundance of folks taking the high road here.  I don't know his name, I don't want to know his name.  God bless and good luck to the young man.  I can tell you care about this young man and don't want to see him crucified in this public medium.  I don't think that is happening.

However, the actions the school employees (coaches), administration, and the UIL take in regards to this incident is of interest to me and apparently many others.  Many on this board have relationships with these schools in many different ways.  This situation could have happened at any school (yes, your school too).  

Is there a pattern of behavior or communication by the coaches encouraging this behavior?  

Would a fifth official on the field made an impact on the behavior of the athletes during the game?

I think these are valid questions to discuss and this is the appropriate forum for this discussion.  We are not contaminating any UIL or school district decisions by having a civil discussion about a real event.  

where was the fifth official?

1 hour ago, texbuzz said:

I do not believe this.  

5 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

No one is being prosecuted or any discipline handed out as a result of this discussion.  This is a high school football forum.  You don't like it or don't want to read it?  The past 30 years this type of stuff has been handled by the coaches and you see how well that has turned out.  I have no issues with this being addressed and public discussion. 

A kids dirty laundry does not need to be aired to this extent...the point was understood Friday night most certainly by Saturday morning.

5 hours ago, texbuzz said:

I don't think coach Smith is teaching anything of the such or condoning it either. Let's just pat the officials on the back or smoke them down after it's dealt with, right wrong or indifferent the young man at question is a kid and he made a mistake, was it intentional? Not intentional? I just don't think that this is discussion to be discussed to the point it has been discussed on a public forum that mainly deals with high school athletes. I will drop it but I will say one last thing. There was a day and time that this sight has and did show more concern for the calling out of teenage athletes, not sure what changed.

8 minutes ago, Smoke on the Water said:

I don't think coach Smith is teaching anything of the such or condoning it either. Let's just pat the officials on the back or smoke them down after it's dealt with, right wrong or indifferent the young man at question is a kid and he made a mistake, was it intentional? Not intentional? I just don't think that this is discussion to be discussed to the point it has been discussed on a public forum that mainly deals with high school athletes. I will drop it but I will say one last thing. There was a day and time that this sight has and did show more concern for the calling out of teenage athletes, not sure what changed.

Smoke in the Air Changed........

22 minutes ago, Smoke on the Water said:

A kids dirty laundry does not need to be aired to this extent...the point was understood Friday night most certainly by Saturday morning.

What else do you know about this kid?  I haven't seen any dirty laundry aired.  Could have missed it.  In a previous post, you talked about a mistake made by the kid.  This was in no way a mistake.  He sees the play not in his direction, then he turns toward the QB and makes a b-line at him.  Can't be more deliberate, sorry to say.

3 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Exactly, he was looking right at it.  He shouldn't officiate another game, imo.

And before that incident, the game was chippy and there was. Extracurricular activity that involved extra pushing and stuff after the whistle.  Refs could've probably controlled the game better at that point.  

Also, had a flag would've been thrown and #23 had gotten ejected, I'm sure the Jasper coach and others would be be in an uproar right now...

The discussion is about the issue of targeting and not about him at all.  He if did not want to be the topic of discussion he shouldn't have bluntly targeted the kid in front of a few thousand people with cameras. 

My concern is for the kid that did nothing wrong and was pretty much assaulted and is suffering serious medical issues.  

No mistake, it was a cheap shot.  You see anything else, you're looking at the wrong video.  Seems I remember someone posted the Officials were one short, and imo, the video is not conclusive as to whether the Official saw the whole thing (personally, I don't think he did).  Coach could handle this in such a way it'll never happen again.  I hope he does, for his program and for the community.