Silsbee # 23 cheap hit on Jasper QB

T-daddy

1 hour ago, PrettyBoi10 said:

I was taught Always keep you head on a swivel be violent and physical between the whistle and Hit or Be Hit simple as that this is Football smh what's the big fuss

That play wasn't football.  That wasn't "physical" play.  That is a kid trying to hurt a defenseless person.  Watch it again. He takes his time and waits until the QB has no clue and is completely unprepared.  Then he unloads on him.  This is in complete opposition of any kind of virtue or value that athletic competition provides.  

These are kids and kids do dumb stuff sometimes.  I understand the context.  This was an athletic competition between two teams of kids.   As much as the coaches and fans talk about these games being a "battle" or a "war", they aren't.  That is your baby out there.  My baby.  Our babies.  

My son is a physical DE.  He plays hard and has been flagged for late hits and a hit out-of-bounds.  Always trying to play hard football but sometimes he loses focus.  Hence the penalties.  I have never doubted he is trying to play football.  This hit isn't football.

But keep up that "head on a swivel" attitude.  Keep rationalizing cowardly behavior.  When football is pulled from the parks and schools because it is too dangerous and encourages unsavory behavior, it won't be the kids fault.  It will be ours.   

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The sucker punch at LC-M was different.  A lot different.  It was in the middle of a melee at the basketball game and the Bear player got punched.  You can't punch in basketball.

This situation, in football, you can hit,  but #23's hit was in horrible taste.  Technically, that's all that could be said based on my previous explanation, again, which is why the ref probably DIDN'T throw the flag.. 

Both cheap shots could have injured both players and cost both to be out for the season   So it's no difference. 

2 hours ago, ST413 said:

No here is one of the  things that creates troubles between teams today.  This is in know way part of WOS business, they have no part in it.  Should they note that it happened, maybe so.  But to make statements that a player better put his head on a swivel because your players saw that hit,  they have no concern over that hit.  If it were to happen in the WOS game then yes they have a concern.  

It is "very their business" some of you people haven't a clue! If a player on a very undisciplined team takes a cheap shot like that and that said team is on your schedule, you take note. What tells the tale is everyone is appalled by that cheap shot except for Silsbee fans....hmmm....interesting. Then when a fan of a future opponent states they better not do anything close to that during the future game, all of a sudden it's Silsbee people saying it's none of the other teams business.....hmmm....interesting again...maybe, just maybe, the reason some teams make the score board look like a dog in heat when they play Silsbee is because of arrogance and unsportsmanlike plays like this. Not all of Silsbee but many. Also maybe the reason y'all can't win more than 2 playoff games in any given year may because karma is a Biaaaa.......never mind, ill just drop the mike...

Certainly an uncalled for cheap shot (even if it could be called technically legal).  We all see things differently, so many of us have different opinions.

Here's my two cents worth of opinion.  First, I'd not try to defend the Silsbee player.  I think his actions were dispicable, and comparable to what the Celina QB did last year.  Second, there most definitely should be some disciplinary action.  I can rationalize (not condone)  a lot of flagrant fouls in the heat of the moment/chase, but this incident doesn't fit that criteria.

But if you want to put this in the proper perspective, just imagine the Jasper QB was your son.  Now how do you feel?

7 hours ago, kicker 2.0 said:

It is "very their business" some of you people haven't a clue! If a player on a very undisciplined team takes a cheap shot like that and that said team is on your schedule, you take note. What tells the tale is everyone is appalled by that cheap shot except for Silsbee fans....hmmm....interesting. Then when a fan of a future opponent states they better not do anything close to that during the future game, all of a sudden it's Silsbee people saying it's none of the other teams business.....hmmm....interesting again...maybe, just maybe, the reason some teams make the score board look like a dog in heat when they play Silsbee is because of arrogance and unsportsmanlike plays like this. Not all of Silsbee but many. Also maybe the reason y'all can't win more than 2 playoff games in any given year may because karma is a Biaaaa.......never mind, ill just drop the mike...

Sorry, but your way off base on this one.

2 hours ago, ST413 said:

I don't think I have seen anyone defending the player.

Me neither, but it's possible someone would try.  Maybe just because I'm old, but I'm surprised almost daily by what goes on, or is said, especially with the anonymity of some social sites on the Internet.  Get a crick in my neck from shaking my head.

• First of all to imply that Slsbee is indiscipline and promotes or allows that is very wrong. They do not!  That's a ignorant assumption.  That was a poor decision by an individual 17 year old kid.  

Second, you keep saying WOS will not allow this.  What could WOS do different in this situation that Jasper didn't do?  Jasper did the right sportsman like thing and let it go for officials and admins to handle later.  They did not retaliate.  Something WOS most likely would have not done so maybe that's what you mean?  

10 hours ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Well then..... That was a lot.

However, I'm getting old but I think we normally win more than two games in the playoffs.  Except of course when we play the eventual state champions.

A more appropriate, or correct, statement would have been that the reason we haven't won a state championship in football is because of undisciplined play.

But hey, semantics right?

14 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Well then..... That was a lot.

However, I'm getting old but I think we normally win more than two games in the playoffs.  Except of course when we play the eventual state champions.

A more appropriate, or correct, statement would have been that the reason we haven't won a state championship in football is because of undisciplined play.

But hey, semantics right?

Silsbee 92, please empty your private messages. Need to pm you

29 minutes ago, T-daddy said:

I've herd the UIL is investigating... again HERD ... supposedly the UIL. has reached out to the family and I'm guessing the jasper coaches... 

Although I don't agree with or condone the hit, this in my opinion shouldn't be a UIL matter other than maybe why the official didn't throw a flag.  Even though the hit was unnecessary it was still during the play.  It wasn't anything outside the realm of football,  i.e. Wasn't a punch, after the whistle etc.  

4 hours ago, rykerx144 said:
  • First of all to imply that Slsbee is indiscipline and promotes or allows that is very wrong. They do not!  That's a ignorant assumption.  That was a poor decision by an individual 17 year old kid.  

Second, you keep saying WOS will not allow this.  What could WOS do different in this situation that Jasper didn't do?  Jasper did the right sportsman like thing and let it go for officials and admins to handle later.  They did not retaliate.  Something WOS most likely would have not done so maybe that's what you mean?  

Yes, what I mean is that WOS will protect their QB, not maliciously go after the kid. I have a feeling the kid will get disciplined and this won't happen again so it may be a moot point now. I'm implying that WOS would have a "spy" in the backfield to block a play like that if there were things like that going on in the game. Yes, maybe I went a little out to left field on this topic but you will NEVER see a WOS player do anything close to that. Why? Because if they weren't kicked off the team(which would probably happen) they would be running until they throw up and get splinters from the bench during games..

1 hour ago, Vpirate02 said:

Good! They need to! Kid doesn't need to be playing football! Period!

I think you're being a little extreme if this is the first time the kid has done something like this. A few weeks off or something seems reasonable to me. The bad thing is that this kid might have to wear the punishment for previous foul(s) such as "The Punch" vs LCM. 

It just kinda seems like the culture over there might be a little too comfortable with "sneaking" people.... but I'm confident that admin and coaching is working to fix the problem. 

39 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think you're being a little extreme if this is the first time the kid has done something like this. A few weeks off or something seems reasonable to me. The bad thing is that this kid might have to wear the punishment for previous foul(s) such as "The Punch" vs LCM. 

It just kinda seems like the culture over there might be a little too comfortable with "sneaking" people.... but I'm confident that admin and coaching is working to fix the problem. 

One thing I know for sure.  No town or community in this WHOLE area needs to criticize another communities culture.

Every town has their skeletons and I for one am sick of the hypocrisy. Handle your own backyard and when every citizen of that Community is wearing halos then preach. Silsbee may be front page news today but it comes around so by all means, lap up the milk some keep pouring in the bowl.  It'll sour soon enough.

Make your statement but be mindful of how long memories last.  I've been here a long time, others longer than me.

Made this post on the game thread but I am posting on the Judgevand Jury thread as well.

I just LOVE all the assumptions and broad strokes folks paint with when it comes to what a teenager thinking about in a situation like this. Hindsight is a beautiful thing for the Saturday morning pundits and trolling mind readers. I am truly sorry the young man was hurt, but make accusations that the Silsbee player was targeting is ridiculously irresponsible and SETX should not allow the young to be maligned in that way, because we DON'T know what the kids intentions were. It's football, controlled warfare, it isthe gridiron and emotions are part of the game. I pray for the Jasper players quick healing!   JMO

17 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

One thing I know for sure.  No town or community in this WHOLE area needs to criticize another communities culture.

Every town has their skeletons and I for one am sick of the hypocrisy. Handle your own backyard and when every citizen of that Community is wearing halos then preach. Silsbee may be front page news today but it comes around so by all means, lap up the milk some keep pouring in the bowl.  It'll sour soon enough.

Make your statement but be mindful of how long memories last.  I've been here a long time, others longer than me.

I remember the community turnout for the "No _____, No Tigers" Rally last year.  

So yeah, I think questioning if all of these instances are coincidental or rather indicate a problem with the culture over there is certainly not out of order.

As far as being hypocritical goes, anybody who was watching during the baseball playoffs last season knows that a lot of the BC faithful didn't appreciate it when I called our fans our for our behavior.  

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I remember the community turnout for the "No _____, No Tigers" Rally last year.  

So yeah, I think questioning if all of these instances are coincidental or rather indicate a problem with the culture over there is certainly not out of order.

As far as being hypocritical goes, anybody who was watching during the baseball playoffs last season knows that a lot of the BC faithful didn't appreciate it when I called our fans our for our behavior.  

I remember that. I believe that's one of the things 92 was speaking on. I also remember you calling them out.

And I agree, too many "coincidences" seem to be happening within my community the last few years. I personally have been embarrassed by it all.

I too am hoping this can be taken care of. Hate the rep Silsbee seems to have right now.

20 minutes ago, PrettyBoi10 said:

I knew it wouldn't be long until a Silsbee, WOS Debate be  ignited lol 

No debate.  Just opinions.

It will be a football game.  Same as always, and I cant remember the last time any real

drama came from our yearly contest.  

Except for the obvious tension two years ago that was settled on the field.

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I remember that. I believe that's one of the things 92 was speaking on. I also remember you calling them out.

And I agree, too many "coincidences" seem to be happening within my community the last few years. I personally have been embarrassed by it all.

I too am hoping this can be taken care of. Hate the rep Silsbee seems to have right now.

Y'all are obviously trying. That's all anybody can ask for.