Silsbee # 23 cheap hit on Jasper QB

T-daddy

37 minutes ago, Maroon4 said:

I have photos of a Jasper player standing over our injured player laying face down and literally stepping over his head to walk off. He did suffer a concussion and is out for the season. 

I posted the video and notice the jasper player didn't stop and linger over him I'm sure after he noticed the young man was injured he kept walking away

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Why is this any of WO-S business?

Pretty simple. WOS plays Silsbee. Won't fly with us. We don't play dirty like that because we don't have to. However, lord help any player that wants to do something so unsportsmanlike to the Mustangs!! Come on, this is everyone's business that plays the Tigers. I've always agreed ,for the most part, of all your posts but this question you posted is actually kind of funny.  

4 minutes ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Pretty simple. WOS plays Silsbee. Won't fly with us. We don't play dirty like that because we don't have to. However, lord help any player that wants to do something so unsportsmanlike to the Mustangs!! Come on, this is everyone's business that plays the Tigers. I've always agreed ,for the most part, of all your posts but this question you posted is actually kind of funny.  

I don't consider WO-S nor Silsbee dirty teams.

But, I have seen dirty plays from a Mustang player or two, so don't get all high and mighty.

4 minutes ago, PrettyBoi10 said:

Come on man it's football it's the Ref job to throw the flag this what happens when you only have 4 refs than the normal 5 man crew people miss stuff it was a physical game on both sides you never stand around when the balls live or was y'all not taught that in the 70's and 80's man it's football NOT Tennis 

Are saying that was not a cheap shot?

Of course it was but I see them every week I've given some Out and receive some plenty in my day it comes with territory in football it's a regular thing heck even the Jasper hit I expect the kid to cheer over him it's a big hit the object is the Cause bodily harm to your opponent that's what all defenders mentality is 

13 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Fully expect it

Disclaimer here Aggie, I do respect you very much, and you have always been unbiased toward anything that doesn't deal with Silsbee. That's just my opinion, nothing personal. I'm just telling you that it is our business and will get handled very quickly if that happens in a few weeks! 9 times out of 10, there are no issues between WOS and Silsbee, however, 23 better put his head on a swivel because I guarantee you the Mustang players saw that video. They will not go out of their way to cheap shot him but they will make dang sure CW is protected and that won't happen! If he will be diciplined like you say then there will be no issues in the game except for the scoreboard lighting up like a plenko machine. That's what championship teams do, they don't play dirty, they just win......

Of course it was but I see them every week I've given some Out and receive some plenty in my day it comes with territory in football it's a regular thing heck even the Jasper hit I expect the kid to cheer over him it's a big hit the object is the Cause bodily harm to your opponent that's what all defenders mentality is 

I am quite certain the Silsbee coaching staff doesn't teach that kind of play.

I am also quite certain your father didn't teach you to play that way.

18 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I am quite certain the Silsbee coaching staff doesn't teach that kind of play.

I am also quite certain your father didn't teach you to play that way.

I was taught Always keep you head on a swivel be violent and physical between the whistle and Hit or Be Hit simple as that this is Football smh what's the big fuss

I was taught Always keep you head on a swivel be violent and physical between the whistle and Hit or Be Hit simple as that this is Football smh what's the big fuss

It's a cheap shot, plain and simple. Game doesn't need that kind of play. That kind of play is completely unnecessary.

We were taught either hit the man with the ball or anybody else in your way, not hit the qb seven yards behind the play when he's clearly out of the picture.....

Coach Smith has been working to clean a lot of this stuff up from the program in Silsbee. That looked bad, but it wouldn't have seemed so offensive if the play had actually drawn a penalty. Hopefully somebody close to the Silsbee program will confirm if the coaching staff or admin discipline the player. 

I was watching the LSU/Miss State game a few hours ago and watched two Tigers get tossed out of the game for a whole lot less than #23 did to the Jasper QB. 

3 hours ago, Maroon4 said:

I have photos of a Jasper player standing over our injured player laying face down and literally stepping over his head to walk off. He did suffer a concussion and is out for the season. 

Are you speaking of the over the middle hit shown earlier.  Do you think the Jasper kid knew, at that moment on the field, that the Silsbee player was hurt that bad?  

1 hour ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Disclaimer here Aggie, I do respect you very much, and you have always been unbiased toward anything that doesn't deal with Silsbee. That's just my opinion, nothing personal. I'm just telling you that it is our business and will get handled very quickly if that happens in a few weeks! 9 times out of 10, there are no issues between WOS and Silsbee, however, 23 better put his head on a swivel because I guarantee you the Mustang players saw that video. They will not go out of their way to cheap shot him but they will make dang sure CW is protected and that won't happen! If he will be diciplined like you say then there will be no issues in the game except for the scoreboard lighting up like a plenko machine. That's what championship teams do, they don't play dirty, they just win......

No here is one of the  things that creates troubles between teams today.  This is in know way part of WOS business, they have no part in it.  Should they note that it happened, maybe so.  But to make statements that a player better put his head on a swivel because your players saw that hit,  they have no concern over that hit.  If it were to happen in the WOS game then yes they have a concern.