Silsbee # 23 cheap hit on Jasper QB

T-daddy

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Read the whole post.  I said the play was wrong and uncalled for.  Just point out why the ref probably didn't throw the flag...

You called it wrong, all while trying your best to justify it. Two huge differences. Wrong is wrong. End of story. Young man made a mistake, now he needs to focus on not letting something like that happen again. 

18 minutes ago, ST413 said:

You are out on a limb here no a twig.  I know the situation, but that qb was standing still well behind the rb As the play was ending, no way he is a blocker there.

Again, I said the play was wrong and I DO consider it a cheap shot.  Just explaining as to why the ref didn't throw the flag.  The play was still going on and the QB was at that point a potential blocker.  

How else can you explain why the ref that stood not even 5 feet from the play and looked right at it didn't throw the flag?  It was probably what the ref told the Jasper coach when he was on the field.

30 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

My first time seeing the video and I missed that part of the play initially when it happened...

I have an explanation of why the ref probably didn't throw the flag.

#5 was hit while the play was going on.  It was a handoff, so the QB wasn't a QB at that point.  Technically, he was a potential blocker.  Ref looked right at it.  Technically, the play was wrong, but ref probably thought it was legal.

I consider it around the same situation when a QB throws and interception.  Most coaches tell their QB's when they throw an interception to either get to the sidelines or just lay down to prevent yourself from being a target.  Because we all know that in that play, the QB could be the difference in a pick 6 in that situation...  

Back to the play in question.  I believe had Silsbee's #23 had hit #5 the same way an instant after the handoff, we wouldn't even be talking about this.  

Reminds me of the sucker punch in the LCM basketball game.   Cheap shot...

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

You called it wrong, all while trying your best to justify it. Two huge differences. Wrong is wrong. End of story. Young man made a mistake, now he needs to focus on not letting something like that happen again. 

You're comprehension must be off.  I called it wrong (the play) while explaining why the ref probably didn't throw the flag.  

See the whole picture, please.. 

5 minutes ago, WO-S 89 said:

Reminds me of the sucker punch in the LCM basketball game.   Cheap shot...

The sucker punch at LC-M was different.  A lot different.  It was in the middle of a melee at the basketball game and the Bear player got punched.  You can't punch in basketball.

This situation, in football, you can hit,  but #23's hit was in horrible taste.  Technically, that's all that could be said based on my previous explanation, again, which is why the ref probably DIDN'T throw the flag.. 

4 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Apparently my comprehension is just as bad as everyone else who read your response.

My explanation was as clear as a whistle.  Obviously the ref's as well that saw the play.  

But remember, I did agree that the hit was a cheap shot and uncalled for.  The ref just didn't think it was illegally...

28 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Again, I said the play was wrong and I DO consider it a cheap shot.  Just explaining as to why the ref didn't throw the flag.  The play was still going on and the QB was at that point a potential blocker.  

How else can you explain why the ref that stood not even 5 feet from the play and looked right at it didn't throw the flag?  It was probably what the ref told the Jasper coach when he was on the field.

Ok I understand better now.  I am still not sure why the flag wasn't thrown myself even with that viewpoint.  I have seen flags for unnecessary roughness called for less.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

My first time seeing the video and I missed that part of the play initially when it happened...

I have an explanation of why the ref probably didn't throw the flag.

#5 was hit while the play was going on.  It was a handoff, so the QB wasn't a QB at that point.  Technically, he was a potential blocker.  Ref looked right at it.  Technically, the play was wrong, but ref probably thought it was legal.

I consider it around the same situation when a QB throws and interception.  Most coaches tell their QB's when they throw an interception to either get to the sidelines or just lay down to prevent yourself from being a target.  Because we all know that in that play, the QB could be the difference in a pick 6 in that situation...  

Back to the play in question.  I believe had Silsbee's #23 had hit #5 the same way an instant after the handoff, we wouldn't even be talking about this.  

No excuse Soulja, cheap shot.  We aren't talking about what ifs,  we are talking about this play...

4 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Don't try to defend the ref, he is probably a secret Tiger fan... 

No excuses and no defending the ref.  I did mention that the play was wrong.  That's my opinion.

I also made mention why the ref probably DIDN'T throw the flag or eject anyone.  That's different from defending or agreeing with the ref.. 

I'm not convinced the ref saw the hit, he was watching the running back and after the hit he looked that direction. Whether a flag was thrown or not doesn't matter at this point, kid needs to be suspended period. I would send the video to the UIL. Kid didn't make his move till he knew the QB didn't see him coming and then unloaded on him.

2 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

The taunt was done after a big hit that knocked a silsbee player out of the game. He was taken out by ambulance. That's why it's being compared.

I have photos of a Jasper player standing over our injured player laying face down and literally stepping over his head to walk off. He did suffer a concussion and is out for the season.