Silsbee # 23 cheap hit on Jasper QB

T-daddy

5 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Didn't Jasper late hot the hell out of Jay McGuire back in 1993 ending his high school career. I was there with a front row seat for that. 

No idea, but I know if cooler heads don't prevail this series won't be around for the long.  Neither coach is going to put his players in a position for crap like that to happen.  There has always been mutual respect from Jasper and Silsbee, WO-S, Newton or whoever..about the only team I know that we had major issues with was way back in the day and was with Kirbyville.  But that was a couple generations ago and water under the bridge now.

4 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I don't like to see stuff like this. Silsbee player needs to be diciplined. Big fight 2 years ago after basketball game and now this. Mayne they should not see each other for 3 or 4 years? 

If 5 is ok then probably coaches just hash it out; otherwise, who knows.  Young men just have to be taught better than to taunt and sucker hit someone.  No place for that in sports.

My first time seeing the video and I missed that part of the play initially when it happened...

I have an explanation of why the ref probably didn't throw the flag.

#5 was hit while the play was going on.  It was a handoff, so the QB wasn't a QB at that point.  Technically, he was a potential blocker.  Ref looked right at it.  Technically, the play was wrong, but ref probably thought it was legal.

I consider it around the same situation when a QB throws and interception.  Most coaches tell their QB's when they throw an interception to either get to the sidelines or just lay down to prevent yourself from being a target.  Because we all know that in that play, the QB could be the difference in a pick 6 in that situation...  

Back to the play in question.  I believe had Silsbee's #23 had hit #5 the same way an instant after the handoff, we wouldn't even be talking about this.  

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

My first time seeing the video and I missed that part of the play initially when it happened...

#5 was hit while the play was going on.  It was a handoff, so the QB wasn't a QB at that point.  Technically, he was a potential blocker.  Ref looked right at it.  Technically, the play was wrong, but ref probably thought it was legal.

I consider it around the same situation when a QB throws and interception.  Most coaches tell their QB's when they throw an interception to either get to the sidelines or just lay down to prevent yourself from being a target.  Because we all know that in that play, the QB could be the difference in a pick 6 in that situation...  

Back to the play in question.  I believe had Silsbee's #23 had hit #5 the same way an instant after the handoff, we wouldn't even be talking about this.  

smh

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

C'mon man!!

54 minutes ago, T-daddy said:

This is the hidden content, please

this is only hit silsbee fans can remotely talk about and there's no comparison!!!!!

From this I don't really even see helmet to helmet, they may have hit but the blow was really led by the shoulder.  There was a bit of taunting but that little was before you knew he was hurt. I have to agree that I have seen a lot worse.

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You are out on a limb here no a twig.  I know the situation, but that qb was standing still well behind the rb As the play was ending, no way he is a blocker there.