West Orange Stark vs Houston KIPP Northeast

tennisbc

3 hours ago, kicker 2.0 said:

I though I saw somewhere where KIPP was hit very very hard. Pray for those kids!! Not sure if they can play. Also saw another school could step in next week if needed, can't remember who though....thinking it was a 5A team...

If Kipp was hit hard are they still slated to play?

3 hours ago, tennisbc said:

I thought WOS was playing at KIPP? Is this due to Harvey? One schedule has WOS going to KIPP this game. Just want to be sure.

No, the game will be in West Orange.  It was originally scheduled to be in Houston, but Coach Thompson channeled his inner Vito Corleone and made them an offer that they couldn't refuse.

38 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

No, the game will be in West Orange.  It was originally scheduled to be in Houston, but Coach Thompson channeled his inner Vito Corleone and made them an offer that they couldn't refuse.

What?  That he would not allow his team to score more then 21 points per quarter?  :)

I hope they replace this game with Central next year...

32 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

What?  That he would not allow his team to score more then 21 points per quarter?  :)

I hope they replace this game with Central next year...

I hope so, too.  No disrespect intended to the Gators.  As REBgp said they have shown something that some larger teams around here have not.  But KIPP is not a team that WO-S intends to keep on their schedule.

13 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Correct me if I'm wrong; didn't Alex Williams transfer from WOS to Pasadena Memorial? He goes from being a regular ole player at WOS to a dominant RB at a 6A school...unbelievably impressive 

Alex transferred from Pasadena Memorial to WO-S for the 2015 season, but played JV because it was determined that he moved for athletic purposes.  He transferred back to Pasadena Memorial before the 2016 season and has been there every since.

I’m not saying it won’t be the same as last year but KIPP has pretty much everyone returning and they beat a weak Galveston O’Connell 56-0 in their only game so far this year.

I’ve been looking up streaks and from my count the last WOS loss at home was to Friendswood in 2011 which gives them a 27 game winning streak at home. I’m not counting neutral games in other stadiums like Kennedale @ Nac or Giddings @ Moorehead. Going for #28 at home and #29 overall in a row tomorrow.

Gilmer is at 29 in a row at home. Good luck Carthage tomorrow!  >;-)

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 8:34 PM, Uncle Pig said:

Correct me if I'm wrong; didn't Alex Williams transfer from WOS to Pasadena Memorial? He goes from being a regular ole player at WOS to a dominant RB at a 6A school...unbelievably impressive 

Yep. Scored in think 7 tds.hate he left. .