Santa Fe 39 Goose Creek Memorial 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, CHampGP753 said:

I went to the LEE vs GCM game and I was just amazed at how small the players were. Idk whats happening to baytown.

The expansion of West and Northwest Houston in conjunction with the Grand Parkway. You no longer have to live in Baytown to work at those plants. You can live in Mont Belvieu or even as far out as Katy/Cy-Fair/Tomball/Montgomery and still get there in a reasonable time, if you're willing to drive.

It would almost benefit GCISD more to go to back to 2 HS's or maybe even one large 6A school. Doesn't affect me in any way, I don't live there. Football is a lot more interesting when there's a good Baytown school though. 

I agree with with combining schools. There isn't near enough talent for three schools, heck maybe even two schools. The size difference was eye popping. I hadn't been to a baytown game in a couple years, but a lot of those kids would have trouble playing for other houston area schools. It's a shame because I like baytown.