Kountze 35 Hull-Daisetta 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

Kountze would have probably won this contest no matter what, and rightly so as a bigger school. Kountze definitely found a way to get their basketball and track athletes on the football field. The Lions looked fast and physically imposing, from the pre-game warm up to the end of regulation. If Kountze does not compete in District this year, it's not on the players, they have the talent. HD on the other hand, looked out of sync, chemistry and execution was lacking. Folks in the stands mentioned HD had four starters on each side of the ball, out with injuries. Anytime your a small school football team with injuries, your JV players will have to move up and help out, it sucks, but small teams across Texas deal with it. You definitely could tell HD had some young inexperienced kids starting Friday night.

I had the opportunity to watch HD play WH the week before, in that game HD ran a certain power formation in the 4th quarter that was unstoppable, gaining about 6-7 yards a carry, surely the Bobcats would game plan, to start off out the box with it vs Kountze... Friday night came, the Bobcats chose the start of the 4th quarter again, this time down big, to finally start running from this formation I mentioned above, they ran it very successfully against the Lions starters, averaging good yardage per carry...  I've tried to wrap my mind around why a team would not run something that has been successful.. HD is a power running football team, that is apparent, HD has three physically imposing kids on their O-Line/TE, #99, #55 and #75, all three big kids for a 2A team. #99 is about 6'1 225lbs, #55 is about 6'3 300lbs and #75 is about 5'9 245lbs on average. I've noticed the three kids mention are spread out across the O-line most of the time, seems like teaming up next to each other, they could be nasty at run blocking. I believe that successful formation I talk about above, lines these three up next to each other, and it works... Folks can see the giant #55 moving his man off the ball on almost every run play, not sure why we are not capitalizing on #55's run blocking more... HD will be ok once District comes around and they heal up. I'm going to follow Kountze to see what they do in District.