Silsbee 30 Jasper 23/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Is the athletic program on probation for what happened during basketball season? What happens if the UIL steps in and suspends him or something? Will all the Silsbee programs have "violated probation"?

No, it was just the boys basketball team that was put on probation.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Interesting

I will be interested in seeing how or if the UIl addresses is.  Like I said before this hit was unnecessary and in now way do I condone the hit.  However,  it is foorball aand it did happen during the play.  It wasn't a punch it was a football hit.  If it had happened after the play I would understand them stepping in.  But this warranted a penalty and maybe an ejection but not sure of any other punishment other than by the school.

5 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I will be interested in seeing how or if the UIl addresses is.  Like I said before this hit was unnecessary and in now way do I condone the hit.  However,  it is foorball aand it did happen during the play.  It wasn't a punch it was a football hit.  If it had happened after the play I would understand them stepping in.  But this warranted a penalty and maybe an ejection but not sure of any other punishment other than by the school.

UIL will probably let schools handle this on their own.

I believe punishment will be doled out from Silsbee ISD

5 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

It may be decided by entities other than Coach Smith:

This is the hidden content, please

A quote from the president of that officiating chapter:

The play didn't result in a penalty but John Ippolito, president of the Stephen F. Austin chapter of Texas Association of Sports Officials,  said a penalty for a late hit should have been called.

Ippolito said one of his crews was officiating the game and that he spoke with the referees regarding the incident after the game.

Ippolito said the referees told him they didn't see the hit, which is why no flag was thrown.

Ippolito added the officiating crew was only four members and not five because of a late cancellation, which altered the crew's ability to call the game.

4 hours ago, ST413 said:

I don't know if I'd call that a football hit.  Closer to aggravated assault.  I'm sure the jasper qb would've preferred to have been punched.

40 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I don't know if I'd call that a football hit.  Closer to aggravated assault.  I'm sure the jasper qb would've preferred to have been punched.

Not defending the hit at all.  If you want to discuss the actual contact all I can tell is he lowered his shoulder and hit him high in the chest shoulder area or even head neck area it's too fast at that point forme to actually tell.  Now I have no doubt the qb would have at her been punched.  My statement was really that it was the same type of hit you see often in games with the exception of the situation( qb standing there) and time of the play.

2 hours ago, ST413 said:

Not defending the hit at all.  If you want to discuss the actual contact all I can tell is he lowered his shoulder and hit him high in the chest shoulder area or even head neck area it's too fast at that point forme to actually tell.  Now I have no doubt the qb would have at her been punched.  My statement was really that it was the same type of hit you see often in games with the exception of the situation( qb standing there) and time of the play.

Fair enough 

9 hours ago, ST413 said:

Hmm who is that??

Paxton Bryan, went up for the catch and looked like he was hit head to head! We all gasped and wondered why no flag. He went down, and was taken off the field by stretcher in an ambulance to the hospital before the half. Blood was coming out of his ear, couldn't barely walk, couldn't see... But you don't hear anything about that hit? Wonder why? Paxton is a senior, also has a concussion, and will be out and not sure if he will return. 

This is the hidden content, please

Update on Paxton Bryan, the Silsbee receiver that took a helmet to helmet hit from Jasper player. He regained his sight 30-40 minutes after the helmet to helmet hit. He has a concussion that he has to go to the hospital for checkups, also a knot behind his ear that was caused by the helmet to helmet hit from the Jasper player. There was blood coming out of his ear but it was from a scratch from his helmet. He has been cleared to go to school at the end of the week just for half a day only. Hopefully Paxton can start full days at school next week. Paxton is improving each day and he is hopeful to rejoin his team in a few weeks or so. TigerNation!!!