Silsbee 30 Jasper 23/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

There was another hit on the qb that the flag got thrown on. Might be the one your thinking of, and your correct he was running the ball just stepped out of bounds before he got hammered. But I think T-daddy was talking about the one later in the game. Jasper qb left the game after hat hit.

This one at least was nothing more than him stepping out of bounds but spinning back into the field and keeping going.  All happened fast was nothing cheap about it.

I just LOVE all the assumptions and broad strokes folks paint with when it comes to what a teenager thinking about in a situation like this. Hindsight...well it's a beautiful thing for the Saturday morning pundits and trolling mind readers. I am truly sorry the young man was hurt, but make accusations that the Silsbee player was targeting is ridiculously irresponsible and SETX should not allow the young to be maligned in that way, because we DON'T know what the kids intentions were. It's football, controlled warfare, it isthe gridiron and emotions are part of the game. I pray for the Jasper players quick healing!   JMO

16 hours ago, Smoke on the Water said:

I just LOVE all the assumptions and broad strokes folks paint with when it comes to what a teenager thinking about in a situation like this. Hindsight...well it's a beautiful thing for the Saturday morning pundits and trolling mind readers. I am truly sorry the young man was hurt, but make accusations that the Silsbee player was targeting is ridiculously irresponsible and SETX should not allow the young to be maligned in that way, because we DON'T know what the kids intentions were. It's football, controlled warfare, it isthe gridiron and emotions are part of the game. I pray for the Jasper players quick healing!   JMO

The video doesn't make accusations.  This is a recorded witness of a horrible act by one kid.  His intentions are obvious and outside the realm of football at any level.  This is "Controlled Warfare" just as much as the combat in the middle east can be called "Uncontrolled Football".   I understand the metaphor but applying it in this context to rationalize the behavior of kids pushes it too far.

I will agree with you on maligning this kid.  He is a minor.  I hope I am forgiven for all the horrible things I did as a dumb teenager.  The player and the team deserve absolutely ZERO retaliation.  A good team will surround this young man, let him know that his behavior was out of line, and support him in whatever way they can.  

2 hours ago, texbuzz said:

The video doesn't make accusations.  This is a recorded witness of a horrible act by one kid.  His intentions are obvious and outside the realm of football at any level.  This is "Controlled Warfare" just as much as the combat in the middle east can be called "Uncontrolled Football".   I understand the metaphor but applying it in this context to rationalize the behavior of kids pushes it too far.

I will agree with you on maligning this kid.  He is a minor.  I hope I am forgiven for all the horrible things I did as a dumb teenager.  The player and the team deserve absolutely ZERO retaliation.  A good team will surround this young man, let him know that his behavior was out of line, and support him in whatever way they can.  

I can deal with that, I am not saying it was not intentional but again my point is simple "no one knows what was in the kids head and what his intentions were" people need to stop the public debate about this young man and let his coach access the situation and handle it; it is that simple.