Woodville 28 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Woodville Eagle continue their 2017 high school football season as they travel down to Orange County to take on the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears!  Ty Robinson's Eagles, 0-1 on the season, fell to Madisonville in their season opener, 30-22.  This is the season opener for the Bears.

Join Scott Loar for all of the action from Battlin' Bear Stadium in Orange beginning with the pregame show at 7:15 and kickoff at 7:30 by clicking play on the following cube player:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Woodville Eagle Football on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com!

Halftime

Woodville 15

Little Cypress-Mauriceville 14

Woodville is looking much more disciplined and crisp than last week. Defense is having lapses at times and having trouble containing Winters, but look much better than last week. Offense is getting a good push up front nearly every play, which is allowing for positive yardage on nearly every play.

LC-M is playing well in spurts on offense and Chris Winters is, as-advertised, a very solid runner. Penalties and fumbled snaps are killing the Bears' offense. Defensively, the Bears are much more solid than I thought they would be. They play tough and very aggressively, which is giving Woodville's offense trouble at times.

Overall, this has been a very good, physical football game. Woodville opens the second half with the ball. Definitely not regretting the trip down to Orange County at all!!

6 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Halftime

Woodville 15

Little Cypress-Mauriceville 14

Woodville is looking much more disciplined and crisp than last week. Defense is having lapses at times and having trouble containing Winters, but look much better than last week. Offense is getting a good push up front nearly every play, which is allowing for positive yardage on nearly every play.

LC-M is playing well in spurts on offense and Chris Winters is, as-advertised, a very solid runner. Penalties and fumbled snaps are killing the Bears' offense. Defensively, the Bears are much more solid than I thought they would be. They play tough and very aggressively, which is giving Woodville's offense trouble at times.

Overall, this has been a very good, physical football game. Woodville opens the second half with the ball. Definitely not regretting the trip down to Orange County at all!!

If we would not have had  a hurricane and played the first 2 weeks against jasper and WOS you would have seen a different team.  We are behind the curve and hopefully we will be ready for district. I will say this  about Woodville the running backs run down hill and Y'all have a good team. 

20 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

If we would not have had  a hurricane and played the first 2 weeks against jasper and WOS you would have seen a different team.  We are behind the curve and hopefully we will be ready for district. I will say this  about Woodville the running backs run down hill and Y'all have a good team. 

Thanks! And I have no doubt it would be a different team in that case!