Texas at USC

UTfanatic

Another instant classic from two of college football's all time great programs.  The powers that be desperately want the Longhorns to be back.  Hopefully this game was indicative that we are closer than most thought.  We shall see.  Other than that, still pretty pissed we couldn't pull off that upset taking the lead with 45 secs left. 

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Sarcasm? Or no?

He's beside himself that he can see the future. And little brother is back to being little brother.  But that was another great game in Cali a few weeks ago when the respective state's little brothers faced off.  Just a lot less people watching for some strange reason??

but maybe not.   After all, he actually believes there were 4K more in the stands this morning than were at that SRO crowd at the Coliseum.  So who knows what goes on in that head of his...

Backup Quarterback, two backup OL, couldn't run the ball to help out backup quarterback. Playing #4 University of Spoiled Children, you would think little ole Texas would have gotten blown out by four TD. Instead you got two defenses that shut down the run game on two running teams. Also, 2OT. Hookem Horns!     The University of Texas Longhorns. 

I'm not understanding how Warren goes off last week but somehow We don't get him the ball with a freshman QB that struggled most of the game ..Then when we do run we give it to Porter who doesn't have a signal Juke or spin move in his body lol...Also I hate that prevent/give up everything short defense, why not blitz and put pressure on him??? 

Other then that, I'm happy to see this,..That Defense looked really good, and I mean "REALLY"...the secondary looked so much better as well as the front, which looked like one of the best in the nation tonight..That Swag the defense played with looked like they belong, now if we can get this offense going Cus they've looked slow the last two weeks we may be on to something.

Sam showed heart and grew up tonight  I was very proud to see that.

Honestly I wish the outcome would have been in our favor but it wasn't. I truly believe that this game just made us a better football team. SO many learning opportunities to take away from this game.

Ehlinger learned that these are men and not HS boys he is playing with. I have a feeling that's one of the last times somebody comes and strips the ball away from him. He took care of the ball better in the second half besides the stripped fumble. I have a feeling him and Shackelford will be working a lot together on getting the snap down correctly. I still think Shane throws a more accurate football but I don't know if he can be as elusive as Sam.

Young Reggie Hemphill-Mapps learned if the ball is about to go into the end zone then leave it alone. He was just trying to help his team, but sucks being on -2 yd line.

That touchdown before half, I put on the coaches and think they will be better prepared for that situation next time. It was a great play call to get the ball to their best player.

We have a bye and that is great because we need to heal up. I have a few personnel questions I don't get but doesn't everybody.

1. Why are they so in love with Porter

2. What happen to Duvernay (WR), I figured he be a big time playmaker this year.

3. It seems every time Ehlinger threw a completion, they take him out and bring in Heard. Just seems like it would mess up his rhythm.

Lots of positive to take from this game. If that is claiming a moral victory, then so be it. The coaches will accentuate the positive for sure. They will also try to correct the negatives. It's a huge part of coaching. The biggest play for USC was the strip fumble in OT. At first I thought he may have had a knee down, but that wasn't the case. 

For those who want to make fun of our loss, I can guarantee you that your team doesn't want to play Texas. And team first, how can you crow when your team got their arse kicked? 

Even though we lost, this was as exciting a game as I have seen in a long time. I actually stayed up and watched all of it. Takes a lot for this old man to do that.

Looking forward to conference play. 

5 minutes ago, baddog said:

Lots of positive to take from this game. If that is claiming a moral victory, then so be it. The coaches will accentuate the positive for sure. They will also try to correct the negatives. It's a huge part of coaching. The biggest play for USC was the strip fumble in OT. At first I thought he may have had a knee down, but that wasn't the case. 

For those who want to make fun of our loss, I can guarantee you that your team doesn't want to play Texas. And team first, how can you crow when your team got their arse kicked? 

Even though we lost, this was as exciting a game as I have seen in a long time. I actually stayed up and watched all of it. Takes a lot for this old man to do that.

Looking forward to conference play. 

I am outta LIKES