Ranked: Southeast Texas high school football coaching salaries

DannyShapiroBE

Guest ECBucFan

Why not? The taxpaying public ought to see what they are paying for those who choose to work a in high profile public position. If someone wants anonymity, work in a plant or work construction. Free to choose.    

If you really want to blow your mind, look at the top paid superintendents. 

4 minutes ago, DannyShapiroBE said:

Look at the variance between salaries of the 22-5A coaches as well. Very interesting. 

One thing I do not agree with is BISD making their HC's salaries the same. I am pissed if I have been a head coach for 10 years and being paid the same as a first year ever head coach in the same school district. To me, that's not right.

It's one of the reasons why Stump left and a few others have left. Salary in those cases should not be the same.

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

One thing I do not agree with is BISD making their HC's salaries the same. I am pissed if I have been a head coach for 10 years and being paid the same as a first year ever head coach in the same school district. To me, that's not right.

It's one of the reasons why Stump left and a few others have left. Salary in those cases should not be the same.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the article. On top of the length of tenure, I think they should definitely consider success rate. And naturally the coach of the bigger school should make more (considering he is winning games of course)

14 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That's actually NOT why Stump left...

32 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ok.  But notice that wasn't a word said or a single complaint was made prior to the incident that allegedly  lead to his departure...  But that's neither here nor there.. 

Incident?? I think you have Stump confused with Flanigan, the last West Brook coach.

And for that matter, he didn't like that fact neither.

9 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I am sure that Kenny Harrison is texting Dr. Porterie after reading this article and the text says "We need to talk!"

Yeah, I would be on the horn..... The 2 highest paid are kinda interesting. Losing record, that will honestly, never become a winning record.... And ZERO HC experience for the 2nd... If I was anyone underneath, I would have my AGENT on the phone!!!!!!

10 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Incident?? I think you have Stump confused with Flanigan, the last West Brook coach.

And for that matter, he didn't like that fact neither.

West Brook will never keep a decent coach paying that low.  You should see what they pay 6A coaches in Houston. And if I were Memorials coach is be looking west to get a 30-40k raise. He's been successful for quite some time. At a certain point its got to be about the money.

17 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Now, everyone knows I am not on the B.F. bandwagon..... But man.......... P.N.G.I.S.D. should be ashamed of themselves.....

And people wonder why his name pops up for jobs all over the state. No matter how much you like a place, eventually you have to do what is best for you financially.

12 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree with you 100%.  This is one of the reasons that coaches in the past have used BISD as a stepping stone for their coaching career.  We've lost some good ones because of this.  The only thing about the 3 current coaches we have is that they are all from the Golden Triangle (2 Beaumont, 1 Bridge City) so they may not have no interest in leaving.  That may be the only reason they don't try to jump ship.  I do feel like they should get some kind of increase every year or couple of years and on performance.  They shouldn't all be getting paid the same thing.  And they should at least start at $95,000.   

20 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Fort Worth Star Telegram released salaries of ALL Texas HS football coaches in 5A and 6A. Hank Carter at Lake Travis makes $155,000. The next closest to him is Joseph at Katy; he makes $20,000 less than Carter. 

Do you have a link?

I would like to compare, I think SETX is the lowest paying area in the whole state.