Jim Hick's RCSSports HoopsGiving Classic

AggiesAreWe

7 minutes ago, D-Mc-G said:

I have seen Westlake play a few Austin area teams and no team has come close.   It looks like Katy Thopkins had a similar result.  Not much talk on here other than they are big.  I was curious to hear from anyone who was there yesterday how they may stack up against the other elite teams in Houston area.  Sounds like they would not be able to keep up with Cy or Concordia. Thoughts from attendees 

Silsbee was 4A UIL champs last year.  Many of Silsbee's b-ball players are busy with playoff football, and still Silsbee was able to stay within 10 of Concordia.  Good 5A and 6A UIL teams could beat Concordia, teams like Cy Falls, PA Memorial, Houston Sam Houston, maybe even Katy Tompkins.  

Cy Falls could probably give Austin Westlake a good game. Cy is thin in the middle.  That is a game I wouldn't mind seeing. 

49 minutes ago, D-Mc-G said:

I have seen Westlake play a few Austin area teams and no team has come close.   It looks like Katy Thopkins had a similar result.  Not much talk on here other than they are big.  I was curious to hear from anyone who was there yesterday how they may stack up against the other elite teams in Houston area.  Sounds like they would not be able to keep up with Cy or Concordia. Thoughts from attendees 

I’ve seen Westlake’s big 3 several times, but never together (they played on 3 different summer teams).  This was my first time seeing Westlake live and that was one of the main reasons we went.  They played really well but Tompkins is one of those teams with a loaded roster that always looks a mess to me.  They have trouble playing together. 

Cy Falls was easily the most impressive team again to me yesterday.  I love watching Westlake but I have trouble seeing them compete with superior guard play.  And Falls has enough in the middle with Weaver and the other kid (I can never remember his name) to keep Westlake in check.  To put in perspective, Andrew Nguyen is maybe Falls’ 3rd best guard and would be a HUGE addition for the Chaps.  He would be their best true guard easily.  

I think I may have said this earlier on here (but answering a question now), I wouldn’t be shocked if Westlake doesn’t get past Wagner (aren’t they same region?) because of Wagner’s guard play.