Barbers Hill Vs. Crosby

BHFAN

19 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

LOL!!! I'm just having some fun. Glad to see that some of us on here can jibber jabber and still keep it light hearted! In all seriousness though, with their facilities, funding, and big time coaching hires, BH will soon begin to turn the tide. I truly believe that the flood gates will open and kids will begin to come from all around to be a part of the program. A lot like we see with Aledo and the likes in DFW. BH is the only school in our area that resembled DFW in that way.

No pun intended I'm sure.

But, you are dead on right. There will be a serious influx of talent in the coming years, especially parents with junior High age kids who want their kids to grow up in a structured, successful program.

44 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

No pun intended I'm sure.

But, you are dead on right. There will be a serious influx of talent in the coming years, especially parents with junior High age kids who want their kids to grow up in a structured, successful program.

Absolutely no pun intended. Heck, I have to admit that I have given thought to moving my boys. I can get to work from anywhere! lol

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

LOL!!! I'm just having some fun. Glad to see that some of us on here can jibber jabber and still keep it light hearted! In all seriousness though, with their facilities, funding, and big time coaching hires, BH will soon begin to turn the tide. I truly believe that the flood gates will open and kids will begin to come from all around to be a part of the program. A lot like we see with Aledo and the likes in DFW. BH is the only school in our area that resembled DFW in that way.

Well, Crosby is not going to fold tent and go away. The better we all get the better we will all be!!!

17 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Absolutely no pun intended. Heck, I have to admit that I have given thought to moving my boys. I can get to work from anywhere! lol

I wouldn't blame you one little bit. TW has hired a great staff who know's how to coach. BH will always be prepared and the game plan on both sides of the ball will be well though out, I can guarantee that.

8 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Good stuff!!! Here's to a fun night tmrw!!! TXHSFB is the best. 

It should be an exciting game, no doubt about that. Both teams are well coached, and as much grief as people give Crosby about Code Red, we all know Riordan is a heck of a coach and he has gotten complete and total buy in from those kids.

Whoa!!! No Mecca name yet. If we can get past the first and second round in the playoffs, only then maybe we would      entertain the idea. LOL Seriously, good luck to both teams tomorrow and we really need this win to get over the hump. I disagree with floods of people coming in unless they have the checkbook to afford the over priced housing around here. If by some miracle they build cheaper homes and apartments then maybe we would get a lot of move ins, but that would be fought tooth and nail from the locals. Right now for the most part, houses start around $275,000 and go way up from there with almost zero rental property.

9 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Great weather, top 2 district teams, rivalry game, district championship and playoff implications, beautiful stadium and video board, two proud and supportive communities, two excellent coaches. 

Enjoy this one everyone!!!

Go Crosby!!!

I will be listening just wished Texan Live could have video broadcasted this one

11 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Great weather, top 2 district teams, rivalry game, district championship and playoff implications, beautiful stadium and video board, two proud and supportive communities, two excellent coaches. 

Enjoy this one everyone!!!

Go Crosby!!!

Very well said and good luck to both teams.

On September 11, 2017 at 7:32 AM, Eagle82 said:

I would like to know how the "speed thing" compares with Crosby vs Friendswood.  In the past, the whole "speed thing" has been a bane in the Eagles side, and well, frankly up the middle too, so just wondering if Friendswood, speed-wise, matches up with Crosby.  If it does, then I think the Hill can hang defensively with the Cougs based on last Friday, and I think offensively, scheme-wise, I think the Hill will be able to move the ball fairly well...So anybody have a take on the speed comparison between Friendswood and Crosby?

That kid from Friendswood (#22) is the best back in their 6A district. And that's a good 6A district with Dickinson and all the CCISD schools. He's fast and strong. Compared to Crosby's Craig Williams, he is 2/10 of a second faster but doesn't bench press 300 pounds like the kid from FW. He was by far the biggest thorn in Barbers Hill's side Friday night, but after adjusting in the second half they contained him. If BH does what they did in the 2nd half against Friendswood, they might end up on top. 

36 minutes ago, TTgrad said:

That kid from Friendswood (#22) is the best back in their 6A district. And that's a good 6A district with Dickinson and all the CCISD schools. He's fast and strong. Compared to Crosby's Craig Williams, he is 2/10 of a second faster but doesn't bench press 300 pounds like the kid from FW. He was by far the biggest thorn in Barbers Hill's side Friday night, but after adjusting in the second half they contained him. If BH does what they did in the 2nd half against Friendswood, they might end up on top. 

So your telling me the kid from Freindswood runs a 4.2 in the 40 ?