Barbers Hill Vs. Crosby

BHFAN

14 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Here's a factor that I seen Friday night, conditioning. I noticed our boys getting wore out in the 3rd Q. Varsity I think suited out around 48 players. I don't see us with a lot of depth, so if we get in a up and down the field type of game, that favors Crosby. I'm not worried about scoring points because I think our offense is pretty impressive. If Spencer Long is back this week, it will add to the running game. The youngster didn't do bad last week, but Spencer will grind extra yardage and give others a break here and there. The D gave up a lot of yardage last week to a good RB, but Friendswood passing game was horrible and their QB play was horrible. This year Friendswood team is nothing like years past. If we can keep outside containment and swarm to the ball, we can hang with Crosby, but if we miss assignments in the secondary, and tackle poorly, it's going to be a long night. I think we have height advantage on the outside with our WR's, and can capitalize on that. Get ahead early and keep the foot on the pedal. If we beat Crosby, I'll be more of a believer, but I do like what I seen last week. Let's Geaux Hill!

If we assume your observations are correct, and things don't drastically change, then this should favor Crosby. 

• Crosby conditioning was excellent on defense.  Jasper was a physical offense on the field a ton.  Hopefully the offense has the same level.  They weren't on the field for long stretches.
  • Crosby will exploit a mediocre run defense.  #21 will get his.  The backup is an OK senior.  The have a corner that was a RB last year that may get involved.  Thought I saw him in the backfield a little last week.
  • Crosby QB did not play run first.  He was looking to throw.  (some comments here didn't believe he would) This should be an upgrade in talent to the FW QB.
  • Crosby secondary is not dominant.  Jasper is not about the pass.  If I had complete game film, that is something I would want to go back and look at.  I could be wrong.

Looking forward to watching the 8th grade scrimmage (it is a man with no real life that will travel to watch an 8th grade scrimmage) tonight.  

On 9/11/2017 at 4:19 PM, bronco pride said:

I always value your opinions. Seem very realistic. Think both teams will score plenty of points. Funny how high school football is though. Last year Dayton lost to Splendora and was killed by BH then took Crosby to OT. Should be a great game

Throw everything out the window when Dayton & Crosby play. Records don't matter, one could be winless & the other undefeated it will still be a competitive game. The rivalry game!  "Brother vs Brother"

Maybe, Crosby & BH can grow into such a game.  IMO it will only make our district tougher. 

Your right HS football is a funny thing...but that's why we love it. 

I hope for a Crosby win, no injuries for both schools, and better performances as the season goes. 

On September 11, 2017 at 1:10 PM, indianforever said:

do you think 14.2 went into hiding cause he knows that BH has a good chance to beat Crosby?

I was scrolling thru and got to thinking the same thing.  The flax he took over Jasper and a possible loss to BH might have sent him into hiding, or possibly a total breakdown.   If the Cougs beat BH, maybe he'll be back with his colorful, albeit caustic, comments.

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

I was scrolling thru and got to thinking the same thing.  The flax he took over Jasper and a possible loss to BH might have sent him into hiding, or possibly a total breakdown.   If the Cougs beat BH, maybe he'll be back with his colorful, albeit caustic, comments.

He's not hiding from anything, I didn't post on here a lot when my son was playing either.

33 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

He's not hiding from anything, I didn't post on here a lot when my son was playing either.

If I that is the reason I would understand.  However, that situation didn't seem to inhibit him too much last week when he was predicting that Crosby would walk all over Jasper at what seemed every waking moment.

But I guess one week does make a difference.

21 hours ago, biaplayer said:

Should be a good game, I expect BH to bring it and leave it all out on the line, Crosby shouldn't assume that they are gonna run away with this one, I also think this game should have been scheduled later in the district lol

I don't think anyone is saying Crosby is going to run away with this one. 

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

Really ? 

i don't think he is getting on here anymore, but if you really want to know, I could set up a meeting with you two. 

Did I ask the question the wrong way? Lots of fathers are on here and are very vocal about who their children are. Why would I need a meeting to know which Cougar was his son? I don't think that's anything he would be intentionally trying to hide.

On 9/11/2017 at 3:28 PM, Red Dawn said:

I'll take Crosby by 10. I'm more nervous about this year than in the past few but I believe Crosby wins this one. I won't be surprised if BH pulls out the victory I just believe this one will be a track meet and I believe that favors Crosby. Not trying to disrespect BH. This is close to a toss up type game. I thought Crosby was 20+ point favorites in the past few years. I'm excited to be heading to Mont Belvieu with some butterflies. That makes High School football fun to watch. Here's to a clean, exciting, injury-free rivalry game. 

Go Crosby!!!

Very well stated red dawn a classy statement that I'm sure you won't be getting in trouble at work for LOL!!! I have a great deal of respect for Crosby everyone should but I'm going BH on this one by 7 only because both BH running backs are out one of which moved in from Baytown in the Spring and brings a lot to the table again I wish this match up happens latter in the season.  I would have like to see both teams fully healthy with some games under their belt before they played. I can assure you of one thing it will be an exciting game with roaring crowds on both sides!! 

39 minutes ago, Coachknowitall said:

Very well stated red dawn a classy statement that I'm sure you won't be getting in trouble at work for LOL!!! I have a great deal of respect for Crosby everyone should but I'm going BH on this one by 7 only because both BH running backs are out one of which moved in from Baytown in the Spring and brings a lot to the table again I wish this match up happens latter in the season.  I would have like to see both teams fully healthy with some games under their belt before they played. I can assure you of one thing it will be an exciting game with roaring crowds on both sides!! 

Both BH running backs are out?

On 9/12/2017 at 4:20 PM, BHFAN said:

TradenUp must have been closer to the field that I, because I saw BH take over in the second half of the game. If their Conditioning was poor what does that say for Friendswood:)

Lol, I was 7 rows up. Maybe it was scoring so many TD's. You have to admit, besides FW rb, they didn't have much else.

Yeah , Friendswood wasn't that good, but its hard to tell from the 1st game if they were bad or if we were just that good :). Heck FW went 3 rounds last year in 6A, so I have to think they are decent. Also I wasn't aware of another RB that was out. I know Spencer is out and he will bring a ton to the team once he returns. until then the young RB's are going to have to step up, so Cauthern (SP) doesn't have to throw 400 yards a game LOL.

58 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Yeah , Friendswood wasn't that good, but its hard to tell from the 1st game if they were bad or if we were just that good :). Heck FW went 3 rounds last year in 6A, so I have to think they are decent. Also I wasn't aware of another RB that was out. I know Spencer is out and he will bring a ton to the team once he returns. until then the young RB's are going to have to step up, so Cauthern (SP) doesn't have to throw 400 yards a game LOL.

There was a move in from Baytown,  but I think the storm displaced him. We're good with youngster. The move in had major trouble hanging on to the ball in the Spring. TW will be able to have a game plan for whoever is running the rock. We have options. Spencer aggravated his groin in track and has been slow to heal. Hopefully he takes it easy. Need him at 100% when he returns.

11 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

There was a move in from Baytown,  but I think the storm displaced him. We're good with youngster. The move in had major trouble hanging on to the ball in the Spring. TW will be able to have a game plan for whoever is running the rock. We have options. Spencer aggravated his groin in track and has been slow to heal. Hopefully he takes it easy. Need him at 100% when he returns.

"We have options." 

Can we shift the label of Mecca to Mont Belvieu now?

10 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

It probably won't be long until we can do that. The BH program in on an upward trajectory and I except to hear about more and more "move ins" from Baytown and the surround areas over the next several years.

Done! You heard it hear first, folks. The Mecca of football is now Mont Belvieu, TX. 

(Btw, I agree that BH is progressing well. Just giving you a hard time.)

1 hour ago, Red Dawn said:

Done! You heard it hear first, folks. The Mecca of football is now Mont Belvieu, TX. 

(Btw, I agree that BH is progressing well. Just giving you a hard time.)

LOL!!! I'm just having some fun. Glad to see that some of us on here can jibber jabber and still keep it light hearted! In all seriousness though, with their facilities, funding, and big time coaching hires, BH will soon begin to turn the tide. I truly believe that the flood gates will open and kids will begin to come from all around to be a part of the program. A lot like we see with Aledo and the likes in DFW. BH is the only school in our area that resembled DFW in that way.