Barbers Hill Vs. Crosby

BHFAN

11 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I really don't think that athleticism will be the determining factor in this game. This game will be decided on carrying out a game plan, making adjustments during the game, disciplined defense and execution. The team that does what they are coached to do the most consistently will win this one.

So, as Stattrax said, the disciplined team will win lol :)

3 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

I really don't think that athleticism will be the determining factor in this game. This game will be decided on carrying out a game plan, making adjustments during the game, disciplined defense and execution. The team that does what they are coached to do the most consistently will win this one.

So coaching.....So Rio vs Westerberg......I'll take TW as of now due to experience. I think Rio might match him some day but that day is not today.

I'll take Crosby by 10. I'm more nervous about this year than in the past few but I believe Crosby wins this one. I won't be surprised if BH pulls out the victory I just believe this one will be a track meet and I believe that favors Crosby. Not trying to disrespect BH. This is close to a toss up type game. I thought Crosby was 20+ point favorites in the past few years. I'm excited to be heading to Mont Belvieu with some butterflies. That makes High School football fun to watch. Here's to a clean, exciting, injury-free rivalry game. 

Go Crosby!!!

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

So coaching.....So Rio vs Westerberg......I'll take TW as of now due to experience. I think Rio might match him some day but that day is not today.

I'd agree with you. My only hesitation about TW is that many of his wins came with teams that way out-talented their opponents. He gets big credit for coaching that talent very well though. 

Riordan is great. I'd like to see Crosby consistently shake that 2nd round curse though. 

26 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

I'll take Crosby by 10. I'm more nervous about this year than in the past few but I believe Crosby wins this one. I won't be surprised if BH pulls out the victory I just believe this one will be a track meet and I believe that favors Crosby. Not trying to disrespect BH. This is close to a toss up type game. I thought Crosby was 20+ point favorites in the past few years. I'm excited to be heading to Mont Belvieu with some butterflies. That makes High School football fun to watch. Here's to a clean, exciting, injury-free rivalry game. 

Go Crosby!!!

Why do you think it will be a track meet? I agree with you just wondering why you think so.

24 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Why do you think it will be a track meet? I agree with you just wondering why you think so.

Crosby has only played one game but in that game the Cougar defense didn't fare too well. Even though that was against a run heavy team I still see BH getting opportunities to score. I don't know much about the BH defense but I believe the Crosby offense can be very good and I don't see the Eagles getting many stops Friday night. 

6 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Crosby has only played one game but in that game the Cougar defense didn't fare too well. Even though that was against a run heavy team I still see BH getting opportunities to score. I don't know much about the BH defense but I believe the Crosby offense can be very good and I don't see the Eagles getting many stops Friday night. 

I always value your opinions. Seem very realistic. Think both teams will score plenty of points. Funny how high school football is though. Last year Dayton lost to Splendora and was killed by BH then took Crosby to OT. Should be a great game

Having seen Crosby and being very familiar with BH program I feel capable of adding some color.

Crosby's speed will hurt BH.  They have at a couple athletes that are as fast as they come.   BH is more physical than Jasper was this past Friday.  I don't see Crosby's o-line having as much success as they had and Crosby having to go around moreso than through.  Look for sweeps, shuffle passes, reverses and screens from Crosby to get to the open field.

Just to be clear, I'll take Crosby by 10 but I think this will be a great game and likely for the district championship. 

Whoever plays with fewest turnovers and penalties wins. 

Its so early in the season and we've seen such a small body of work on both teams that the range of possible outcomes on this game is all over the place. 

I haven't seen Crosby this year, but they will have more team speed that Friendswood. During the FW game I though BH still looked a little slow on D and if Williams gets loose like someone posted it will be 6. BH's secondary however did well against some big FW receivers that were running good routes, so I feel better about not giving up the big play. BH's Offensive line against FW was really doing well giving the BH QB a lot of time to find the open receivers. One thing I have learned though is Crosby does not lay down for BH! They do for Dayton & Porter LOL, but not BH. I think the key to this game is to get on top quick and make Crosby catch up! If BH does what Jasper did and give them short field gifts then Crosby will run off with the game. IMO Crosby plays with a lot of emotion which is good, but if they are down it is bad (For Crosby Anyway). BH is fully capable of winning this game, but until they beat Crosby they cannot be the favorites. BH by 2 points ;)

Here's a factor that I seen Friday night, conditioning. I noticed our boys getting wore out in the 3rd Q. Varsity I think suited out around 48 players. I don't see us with a lot of depth, so if we get in a up and down the field type of game, that favors Crosby. I'm not worried about scoring points because I think our offense is pretty impressive. If Spencer Long is back this week, it will add to the running game. The youngster didn't do bad last week, but Spencer will grind extra yardage and give others a break here and there. The D gave up a lot of yardage last week to a good RB, but Friendswood passing game was horrible and their QB play was horrible. This year Friendswood team is nothing like years past. If we can keep outside containment and swarm to the ball, we can hang with Crosby, but if we miss assignments in the secondary, and tackle poorly, it's going to be a long night. I think we have height advantage on the outside with our WR's, and can capitalize on that. Get ahead early and keep the foot on the pedal. If we beat Crosby, I'll be more of a believer, but I do like what I seen last week. Let's Geaux Hill!

12 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Here's a factor that I seen Friday night, conditioning. I noticed our boys getting wore out in the 3rd Q. Varsity I think suited out around 48 players. I don't see us with a lot of depth, so if we get in a up and down the field type of game, that favors Crosby. I'm not worried about scoring points because I think our offense is pretty impressive. If Spencer Long is back this week, it will add to the running game. The youngster didn't do bad last week, but Spencer will grind extra yardage and give others a break here and there. The D gave up a lot of yardage last week to a good RB, but Friendswood passing game was horrible and their QB play was horrible. This year Friendswood team is nothing like years past. If we can keep outside containment and swarm to the ball, we can hang with Crosby, but if we miss assignments in the secondary, and tackle poorly, it's going to be a long night. I think we have height advantage on the outside with our WR's, and can capitalize on that. Get ahead early and keep the foot on the pedal. If we beat Crosby, I'll be more of a believer, but I do like what I seen last week. Let's Geaux Hill!

I'm glad this game means something again. I love beating BH and Dayton but honestly hope it's always Crosby 1, and Dayton & BH 2&3. Except that pushes Crosby in to D1. 

8 hours ago, REBgp said:

Good comeback Red Dawn.

Should be a heckuva ball game (is heckuva game ok to say?).

Heckuva

A term of praise loaded with unintentional irony, used to sound supportive but in fact revealing how bad a situation is. Immortalized by President George W. Bush when refering to the handling of the Katrina disaster by ex-FEMA director Michael "brownie" Brown, he also used it to describe the hurricane-ravaged remains of New Orleans. In both instances, you could cut the irony with a spoon.

Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job. 
- George W. Bush, 9/2/2005

18 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Yes, TW is better overall, but i think the Defensive Coordinators will be the determining factor. Whoever makes the defensive adjustments, calls the right pressure, jumps a route or bails at the right time will be the winner.