Port Arthur Memorial @ Beaumont Central

Alpha Wolf

29 minutes ago, SFA85 said:

My understanding is 4 players are evacuated, not suspended so that needs to be fact checked so some people won't think PAM is wounded in any way

No one suggested those players were suspended. I believe it is widely known that the players are missing because of being evacuated.

Here is the article:

This is the hidden content, please

" Harrison said almost 30 of his players are displaced and that five varsity starters have already enrolled in other schools. "

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

No one suggested those players were suspended. I believe it is widely known that the players are missing because of being evacuated.

Here is the article:

" Harrison said almost 30 of his players are displaced and that five varsity starters have already enrolled in other schools. "

What schools???

Displaced: force (someone) to leave their HOME, typically because of war, persecution, or NATURAL DISASTER.

Not calling coach a lie, but we all know that most coaches exaggerate things. IMO, I think PAM will be ok. Even if the one (MAYBE two players) players missing. I'm thinking we'll have everyone back this week. 

16 minutes ago, thaghost said:

Displaced: force (someone) to leave their HOME, typically because of war, persecution, or NATURAL DISASTER.

Not calling coach a lie, but we all know that most coaches exaggerate things. IMO, I think PAM will be ok. Even if the one (MAYBE two players) players missing. I'm thinking we'll have everyone back this week. 

Not sure that this is the case of an exaggeration on Harrison's part.  He is kind of a straight shooter.

Second, I would more apt to buy that it is an exaggeration if it were merely mentioned to Danny or I.C. Murrell.  However, as I understand (and Danny or Ashly can correct me if this is not the case), Harrison made this statement to the other coaches during the DEC meeting on Friday.

Even if it is the case, I think Memorial will be okay for district.  They are probably the deepest team in the district and could easily fill most spots on either side of the ball.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Not sure that this is the case of an exaggeration on Harrison's part.  He is kind of a straight shooter.

Second, I would more apt to buy that it is an exaggeration if it were merely mentioned to Danny or I.C. Murrell.  However, as I understand (and Danny or Ashly can correct me if this is not the case), Harrison made this statement to the other coaches during the DEC meeting on Friday.

Even if it is the case, I think Memorial will be okay for district.  They are probably the deepest team in the district and could easily fill most spots on either side of the ball.

Thinking thats the issue. Depth players. Most of the "starters" are around. 

2 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

JV game

Central @ Memorial @ 5 p.m. on Thursday, September 14th.  Varsity game 6 days later.  I wonder is this how all the subvarsity games for 22-5A will be until we get back on our Friday varsity games...

Probably.  As I understand it, the waiver of the 5 day rule which allows the games to be played sooner applies only to varsity district games.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:35 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Here is the article:

I hope it is port neches and not Nederland lol

PA Memorial has a plethora of top athletes & will be extremely difficult to beat this season.  That is unless the opposing team plays mistake free football against them.  I have a great deal of respect for Beaumont Central, that said,

I do not believe they have the skill players, across the board, to beat Memorial.

31 minutes ago, png9mon said:

PA Memorial has a plethora of top athletes & will be extremely difficult to beat this season.  That is unless the opposing team plays mistake free football against them.  I have a great deal of respect for Beaumont Central, that said,

I do not believe they have the skill players, across the board, to beat Memorial.

I think from a Talent level  Central has the best chance of taking down memorial but there always seems to be something else that gets in their way be it coaching, mistakes/turnovers, I hope they put on A show though 

4 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I think from a Talent level  Central has the best chance of taking down memorial but there always seems to be something else that gets in their way be it coaching, mistakes/turnovers, I hope they put on A show though 

It won't be because of coaching or should I say a lack of this year.  This group of Seniors has a lot of built up frustration to release.  Days before the West Brook game, Bruin players were at a Central practice outside the gate with lawn chairs and music playing.  Coach Nelson and staff kept the boys focused during practice and they were expecting to be able to release that energy against the Bruins.  Well Harvey had other plans.  Well Pasadena Rayburn got some of it last week, so much so that I heard their Baylor commit RB wants to leave that school.  Just what I heard, don't know how true it is.  Now I know the Titans are a different caliber team but the one thing Central has going for them, is there is no film of whats going on at 88 Jaguar Dr.  So Harvey did help in that manner.  Totally different on both side of the ball from the last 4 years. 

Despite it being on a Wednesday, this should be game of the week...