Rice Bowl 2017 EC @ HF

About a week ago

1 hour ago, 1st and 30 said:

EC is more discipline, has the same team as last year, just a year older and a whole lot bigger, stronger and faster.  HF has 2 decent players.  I"m taking EC hands down!  Gonna be a good time tonight!  Especially for the Bucs!!!

People who have not seen EC in person will be surprised the difference from last year. Coach Skinner has taken their weight training to a different level.

Defensively the secondary has speed all over the place, the linebackers are very good, and they are big strong/quick upfront. Coach Fontenot doesn't get the credit he deserves, he's a great defensive coordinator. Offensively they need to sustain solid drives that end in points. Sutherland will have his team well prepared. All together I think EC is the better team and should win this game, but we are talking about 15-18 year old kids. 

Yup... I think the game will be more like last years with the winning team being who ever has the ball last. HF is much more disciplined and mature then last year, they keep playing until the last second ticks off the clock. As is in the recent past EC is probably the better team overall but this is a rivalry game so anything can happen, I will take the Horns in an upset:

HF - 31

EC - 28

GO HORNS !!!!!

Look Im not making any predictions on the game just because it is H.S football and I just hope it is a good game. But with that being said I have watched EC in a couple of scrimmages and the one game. So I can assure you that all these 40 pt predictions I see people saying HF will score. NOWAY EC defense is pretty darn impressive. Very fast.