Rice Bowl 2017 EC @ HF

About a week ago

This game will mean a lot to both our communities, the EC and HF communities have reached out and helped each other through this storm. This storm has brought our communities together, and I can't wait for next weeks competition. EC is coming off a 28-0 win over Kirbyville, while HF is coming off a 44-32 loss to Lumberton. Who take the 2017 Rice Bowl, and bragging rights at the Rice Festial! 

EC 21

HF 7

4 hours ago, illburhcklbry said:

The streak ends for EC Friday.  HF will be 1-1 after this week. Go Horns. 

4 hours ago, illburhcklbry said:

The streak ends for EC Friday.  HF will be 1-1 after this week. Go Horns. 

And I have to say this but I totally agree with u HF have improved I don't think East Chambers can slow down HF running game and passing attack

HF 44  EC 24

11 hours ago, WOSFAN99 said:

And I have to say this but I totally agree with u HF have improved I don't think East Chambers can slow down HF running game and passing attack

HF 44  EC 24

We beat them last year, with our worse team since the late 90's/early 2000's. HF might have improved, but no way they have improved more than EC. EC's defense is well coached, and is more athletic then HF's offense. This defense has size and speed. 

I'm kind of out of the loop down here in the coastal bend and with the wrenches thrown into things by Harvey I'm don't have much of a handle on who's where at the start of the season.This was one of a number of games I wasn't overly confident in picking for the pickems, but since I'm an oldbuc I did the homer thing and picked the Bucs....so GEAUX BUCS!!!!....make me look smart for at least one of my picks....LOL

8 hours ago, dawgnpurple said:

This is an easy one.    

H-F  42

EC   13

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

HF 45

ECC 27

I will be very shocked. When did HF get so much better than EC? EC wins last season, returns everyone (plus they are one year older).HF loses to a below average Lumberon team, but they are going to kick EC's arse...LOL 

7 hours ago, About a week ago said:

I will be very shocked. When did HF get so much better than EC? EC wins last season, returns everyone (plus they are one year older).HF loses to a below average Lumberon team, but they are going to kick EC's arse...LOL 

Below average Lumberton Team?  I saw Lumbertons 300+ lb average on the O Line.  Their RB will hang at least 150 yards on PNG next week.  And they are 5A.  EC had a hard time putting up 28 on a struggling Kirbyville, and you are trying to compare these two games from (about a week ago).  Please invite me to your crow eating party saturday morning.      

1 hour ago, dawgnpurple said:

Below average Lumberton Team?  I saw Lumbertons 300+ lb average on the O Line.  Their RB will hang at least 150 yards on PNG next week.  And they are 5A.  EC had a hard time putting up 28 on a struggling Kirbyville, and you are trying to compare these two games from (about a week ago).  Please invite me to your crow eating party saturday morning.      

O line and RB are legit... still not enough to compete with PNG

2 hours ago, dawgnpurple said:

I like where your heads at. HF is legit this year as long as they stay healthy they are gonna be good. 

Streak ends tomorrow. HF 35 - EC 7