Lumberton @ PNG

Indianforever

39 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Lumberton was in a "shootout" according to Vype with Hamshire-Fannett.  This will be a long night for the Raiders. 

Indians 49

Raiders 17

shootout is to be expected considering the circumstances. I expect the Raiders to be a lot more prepared for PNG than hamshire fannet obviously. As will PNG. In my opinion this will be the first actual "real game" that either team has played, real game meaning film has been watched and gameplan prepared which makes all the difference.

Because I'm a youth pastor I won't be able to make this game on a Wednesday night, but I'll be rooting for my raiders to shock the world and take this game by a td.... now cue statrax! Lol

It's hard to tell anything at this point with the lack of preparation by the whole district due to the flooding.. However since I'm a good guy I will not be to hard on the Chumpees... We faced a real good QB and RB last night. Those guys are great, surrounded by not much else, but are of high caliber. I am not sure Chumperton has anyone  remotely close to that, so I do not see this as a super competitive affair. I think the short week hurts the weaker teams. So all that being said, I think it will be the usual outcome. PNG is going to surprise some folks. We are young, but once we get it going, I think we have possibly the best team we have had in a while. I do not see us as a MECCA, but I think we are MECCA enough to get the job done. We have lots of speed on both sides, which we rarely have. As you know, I never predict a score on PNG.... But odds are in our favor. And because of the circumstances, this year, and only this year, I will not litter in Chumperton. Hope all you chumpees get your homes and stuff back together after the flooding.... it's never fun beating on people while they are down.... And for that reason, I hope the Raiders fans get a boost of energy watching their kids play football on whatever day of the week it is.....

12 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

It's not a short week because we don't have a game until then. And you'll see a good rb in Lumberton too.

Thanks for the underlying snide comments about a community that has suffered loss just like everyone else. Just remember, there's more to life than football. Still picking raiders to win though.

Not one snide remark in the post...... if I was being snide, you would know....

Mostly what I saw last night was L-Town needs to tighten up on the D line, not a whole lot of successful passing by HF. Lumberton does have a couple of backs that can move the ball, one whose fast the other who is more shake and bake with his moves. I'm calling for a Lumberton win naturally, but it's not going to be a blow out on no matter who wins.

On 9/9/2017 at 11:53 AM, L-Train11 said:

shootout is to be expected considering the circumstances. I expect the Raiders to be a lot more prepared for PNG than hamshire fannet obviously. As will PNG. In my opinion this will be the first actual "real game" that either team has played, real game meaning film has been watched and gameplan prepared which makes all the difference.

Because I'm a youth pastor I won't be able to make this game on a Wednesday night, but I'll be rooting for my raiders to shock the world and take this game by a td.... now cue statrax! Lol

Go to the game, take your youth group, pray before the game, have a Bible Study at halftime, then pray for thanks after the game. Sounds like a perfect outreach moment to me, we are all called to be Missionaries. 

14 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Go to the game, take your youth group, pray before the game, have a Bible Study at halftime, then pray for thanks after the game. Sounds like a perfect outreach moment to me, we are all called to be Missionaries. 

Lol that sounds like a perfect idea, I don't think it would get approved though :)

PN-G's passing attack is very polished. They looked great last week. The issue is our running game is pretty good as well. I have a feeling we could have one of our better o lines in many years in a few weeks. These kids are pretty darn big and very young. For their youth, they look great. One kid is 6'3" somewhere around 290 and he is a 10th grader. He is looking really good. I am unsure but either 2 or 3 of them are only 10th graders. Our o line coach is really good. Coach Medlock will have these kids in top form very soon. This team has the potential to be a very good ball club.