Lumberton @ PNG

Indianforever

21 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Go to the game, take your youth group, pray before the game, have a Bible Study at halftime, then pray for thanks after the game. Sounds like a perfect outreach moment to me, we are all called to be Missionaries. 

Great idea, more churches should follow this model for next week...

On 9/9/2017 at 2:49 AM, WOSFAN99 said:

There's no way that Lumberton going beat PNG they have a very very good team I went to the game and seen them play real good team I'm looking at the score and it's going be  png 49 Lumberton 24

There's no way Vidor should have beaten PAM last year.  But they did.  Anything can happen!

1 hour ago, biaplayer said:

kinda disappointed in this post, seems like everyone dealing with the aftermath of Harvey has taken its toll. I get on here expecting to see some comments and it is nonexistent. Guess I will have to troll BH and Crosby thread, they are never at a loss for words over there in the mecca

Ok I'll do my best to get some conversation started:

Here's my honest, non homer, opinion.

The key to beating PNG will be to put pressure on RJ and contain RJ. While that is the key to winning, it's much easier said than done. You've got to attack him. If you allow him to get comfortable in the pocket then he will beat you with his arm and he has plenty of targets, or he will tuck the ball and run and not be touched for the first 8 yards at least. If we can pressure and contain then we have a chance of slowing the offense down.. once again, easier said than done.

On our end, this will be one of the more balanced offenses you've seen from Lumberton. We have two BIG threats at TE and WR (brothers) who have good size and hard to bring down. Our qb showed his speed and quickness against HF which I had not seen until then because I only watched one scrimmage and qbs are protected in those. He doesn't mind running the ball, and he is a pretty accurate passer as well.

The thing we will lean on though as always in Lumberton is our running game. No doubt that Ward is a beast, and we have a great backup in Conway who will only get better with varsity experience. Ward is good, but the extra boost in the passing game will only open things up and make things a little easier. Oh, and very good size in the o line.

Defenseively, HFs stud rb busted some big runs on us last week. It seemed like we would stop him on a few plays, then out of nowhere he would bust a big one on us. I'm hoping that was just due to a lack of game planning although I'm not trying to make excuses. Either way we have to get better.

Very important that PNG defense develop in this game.  Speed, tackling, containment & quickness.  Each game you must improve & the Indian defense has a lot of room for improvement.  Our offense needs to concentrate on basic execution of plays & getting use to playing as a unit.  If we play offense to our potential we should score a significant amount of points in this game.  The coaches will have us ready to play.  Get ready Lumberton...oh well at least get ready by next week. 

Hate these long breaks between district games.

3 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Ok I'll do my best to get some conversation started:

Here's my honest, non homer, opinion.

The key to beating PNG will be to put pressure on RJ and contain RJ. While that is the key to winning, it's much easier said than done. You've got to attack him. If you allow him to get comfortable in the pocket then he will beat you with his arm and he has plenty of targets, or he will tuck the ball and run and not be touched for the first 8 yards at least. If we can pressure and contain then we have a chance of slowing the offense down.. once again, easier said than done.

On our end, this will be one of the more balanced offenses you've seen from Lumberton. We have two BIG threats at TE and WR (brothers) who have good size and hard to bring down. Our qb showed his speed and quickness against HF which I had not seen until then because I only watched one scrimmage and qbs are protected in those. He doesn't mind running the ball, and he is a pretty accurate passer as well.

The thing we will lean on though as always in Lumberton is our running game. No doubt that Ward is a beast, and we have a great backup in Conway who will only get better with varsity experience. Ward is good, but the extra boost in the passing game will only open things up and make things a little easier. Oh, and very good size in the o line.

Defenseively, HFs stud rb busted some big runs on us last week. It seemed like we would stop him on a few plays, then out of nowhere he would bust a big one on us. I'm hoping that was just due to a lack of game planning although I'm not trying to make excuses. Either way we have to get better.

On 9/11/2017 at 1:44 PM, biaplayer said:

man that seems like a lifetime having to wait another week for some Friday night lights

PNG will have another weapon this season. Deslotte at RB is very good. This could be one of our better running games for several years. We will most likely produce a good amount of rushing yards this season. 

this can and will be a very productive offense this year for port Neches, this Riggs kid has become my favorite player, he never ceases to amaze me. also saw a kid by the name of Baxter that caught my eye, just wondering if he is related to the baxters that played on the state team in 99? This offense is capable of hanging 50 on a lot of people this year, and yes defense has a lot of areas to improve on but when you have 7 sophomores out there they will need time to mature, I like our size and speed on defense it will come but we have to make plays, #4 will be a beast in the future!! along with lil #3 gonna be a damn good 1 on 1 cornerback!!

RJ is always gonna be a key, but this year we have Deslotte, Hughes, Riggs, Stansbury in key positions. They are all very good. Riggs and Hughes, included in the fastest in the district, will get behind defenses a lot. We faced some very good scat backs last week so that should help us, but we have to wrap up. I think we will be good though. I was happy to see corner backs up on the line getting physical. Our o-line did fairly well for a young group. 

7 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

RJ is always gonna be a key, but this year we have Deslotte, Hughes, Riggs, Stansbury in key positions. They are all very good. Riggs and Hughes, included in the fastest in the district, will get behind defenses a lot. We faced some very good scat backs last week so that should help us, but we have to wrap up. I think we will be good though. I was happy to see corner backs up on the line getting physical. Our o-line did fairly well for a young group. 

Frodo the O line is what I paid a lot of attention to for both the scrimmage and the game. I believe they will be a special group before the end of this season. With a majority back nest year. 

56 minutes ago, Raiders94 said:

I think so too. Last year the game was pretty close for 3 quarters. If our offence doesn't turn the ball over and gives our defense time to rest  it should be pretty good.

Not going to happen. PNG's Line is going to dominate the D-Line of Lumberton. Plus Lumberton will not be able to contain RJ and Riggs

I really don't see anyway that this game is close. I'm at outsider who just loves high School Football, but based on the recent results, the talent in the programs and overall size advantage that PNG has, I just don't see it. No with that being said, Lumberton is always going to play you hard, so if the Indians go in here overconfident, then I can see it being close for a half too. I think PNG is on a mission this year, I think a District Championship and a playoff run are on the horizon.