Nederland 26 Dayton 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 hours ago, bronco pride said:

It's amazing what a great coach can do is it not. All I heard was BH has no athletes blah blah blah. I try to tell people but I'm just to honest. Any way congrats on yalls win and it looks like we had Friendswood kinda pegged.

Based on week one performances I would definitely think BH is the favorite going into the district opener in their place. 

37 minutes ago, jake94 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Thanks for the stats sir. Take away Santees 60+ yds Dayton got at the end of the game against Ned's backups and probably would of had around 20 yds rushing. I thought Ned's coach did a great job the second half going completely away from the pass. If he would have done that the first half I think Ned could have had 400 yds on the ground. Any way congrats and thanks again for the stats.

50 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Thanks for the stats sir. Take away Santees 60+ yds Dayton got at the end of the game against Ned's backups and probably would of had around 20 yds rushing. I thought Ned's coach did a great job the second half going completely away from the pass. If he would have done that the first half I think Ned could have had 400 yds on the ground. Any way congrats and thanks again for the stats.

After looking at the stat line it seems dayton defense played well enough to not be over looked.  They gave the football to the offense 3 times in the first half with no result.  I spoke with a buddy from dayton and they said defense played hard

51 minutes ago, Bbfan1988 said:

After looking at the stat line it seems dayton defense played well enough to not be over looked.  They gave the football to the offense 3 times in the first half with no result.  I spoke with a buddy from dayton and they said defense played hard

Make no mistake about it the defense played better than the offense. The offense was basically non existent until Ned put in subs Dayton probably had around 60 yds offense the second half. But when your defense gives up over 300 yds on the ground and that's the bright spot I would say it doesn't look good.

16 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Make no mistake about it the defense played better than the offense. The offense was basically non existent until Ned put in subs Dayton probably had around 60 yds offense the second half. But when your defense gives up over 300 yds on the ground and that's the bright spot I would say it doesn't look good.

I was also told besides pike and orebo no one else on defense likes to tackle.  

11 minutes ago, Bbfan1988 said:

I was also told besides pike and orebo no one else on defense likes to tackle.  

Tackling can be taught. There's a reason Stewart always had a great defense. I thought the 2 kids you named played hard but it's going to take a lot more than them to even win a couple games. I'm not going to keep beating a dead horse I just don't know where you start after what I saw last night. Tackling was terrible. Blocking was terrible. Had to many turnovers and special teams aka kicking was terrible. Oh well onto Splendora. They have a nice rb who gashed Dayton for 350+ yds last year. If Dayton can stop him they might get a W. 

56 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Tackling can be taught. There's a reason Stewart always had a great defense. I thought the 2 kids you named played hard but it's going to take a lot more than them to even win a couple games. I'm not going to keep beating a dead horse I just don't know where you start after what I saw last night. Tackling was terrible. Blocking was terrible. Had to many turnovers and special teams aka kicking was terrible. Oh well onto Splendora. They have a nice rb who gashed Dayton for 350+ yds last year. If Dayton can stop him they might get a W. 

An honest opinion is always respected.

On 9/9/2017 at 9:25 AM, bronco pride said:

Is that because Dayton can't defend the run or because Nederland QB can't throw? Or both?

41 minutes ago, drewlsu said:

Is that because Dayton can't defend the run or because Nederland QB can't throw? Or both?

Both. Ned's qb is a nice hard runner but not any threat passing. But in this game it didn't matter because Dayton forgot how to play defense when Stewart left. Daytons tackling is really bad and Ned's rb and qb ran hard. I was very impressed imparticually with the rb. I also thought Ned dominated the line of scrimmage and Dayton doesn't seem to be able to get off blocks. Couldn't do it last year and looks just as bad this year. See what happens the next few weeks but it would take a ton of improvement to win 4 games. I'm thinking maybe 1or 2 wins though.