Crosby 42 Jasper 36/FINAL

WOSgrad

9 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I mean seriously, if we're going to go the one less turnover route then we can say a couple less holdings and Crosby gets nearly 60. Smh

Crosby is exactly who I said they were earlier in the week. Anemic on defense, questionable at the QB position, and totally dependent on Williams for anything and everything they might accomplish. That is not a recipe for a top notch season, it's a recipe for 6-4 like I said. Write it down now, BH beats that behind next week. 

Jasper fumbled the opening kickoff Crosby takes over on the 5 and scored .. next possession we fumble 2nd play from scrimmage Crosby punches it in from the 8 .. 13-0.. 2 minutes into the game... Crosby scored just about all their points as a result of a short field... I was proud of our Defense tonight!!! Offense has to hold onto the football 

The RB for Crosby is the real deal and the receivers made some really good catches.  I was surprised at the very small crowd that Crosby brought.  Watching the golden Triangle teams that we have played in the past PNG, Vidor, Nederland to name a few and I know it's been several years since we played them but they packed the stands. What about the sideline interference call before half that would have given us first and goal at the one and the pass interference call yall got in the end zone.  Just admit the boys from the piney woods gave you more than you wanted and at the end you wasn't sipping no tea but sitting on the edge of yoir seat scared death that you was fixing to eat crow. 

38 minutes ago, Booster said:

The RB for Crosby is the real deal and the receivers made some really good catches.  I was surprised at the very small crowd that Crosby brought.  Watching the golden Triangle teams that we have played in the past PNG, Vidor, Nederland to name a few and I know it's been several years since we played them but they packed the stands. What about the sideline interference call before half that would have given us first and goal at the one and the pass interference call yall got in the end zone.  Just admit the boys from the piney woods gave you more than you wanted and at the end you wasn't sipping no tea but sitting on the edge of yoir seat scared death that you was fixing to eat crow. 

That was the worst call ever !!! We was tackled at the one and get a sideline interference call !!! Ref didn't make contact with a player or coach ... no warning just 15 yards back ... another IF that would have changed the outcome 

Jasper fumbles away a win to Crosby

KJAS | Posted: Friday, September 8, 2017 10:01 pm

The Jasper Bulldogs had everything it took to be giant slayers and take out the much larger class 5-A Crosby Cougars on Friday night. However, the Dawgs fumbled the ball all night, effectively fumbling away a win.

kjas hit the nail on the head lol

Crosby took a 13-0 lead with less than two minutes gone off the clock in 1st Q due to two Jasper fumbles that no Crosby player caused. Crosby had a 13-0 lead with just 21 yards of offense. Jasper team: "you're welcome Crosby!".

That first two minutes of the game made all the difference in the game. Jasper dug themselves a hole that they could not get out of.

I believe it came out almost exactly like I called it. Plz don't make me go back and pull up my quotes. 

Jasper has some athletes for sure. 

I do believe 21-5A is going to be weaker this year. I've predicted sweeps over 22-5A before. As of right now I see it as 1-3 in favor of 22-5A this year. 

Its early. Let's see who gets better.  

Good game Jasper and good luck. 

Now for The Hill. 

At the end of the day I really expected Crosby to blow Jasper out. I figured we would get gashed a few times in the running game hence my 49-14 or 56-14 score prediction. We were a couple of holding penalties off the 56 even with some of the throws we missed. I think that's something Crosby can build on moving forward, not really concerned about that side of the ball. 

I feel like giving up back to back onside kicks to start the half changed the momentum. That being said, the defense still gave up 36. Jasper probably converted 5 fourth down plays on two or three scoring drives, Crosby has to get off the field in those situations but kudos to Jasper for making those plays. Defense made some nice strip plays on the Jasper running backs and #56 wreaked havoc on Jasper's center causing snap and fumbling issues. Surprisingly the plays I thought hurt the most were third and long/fourth down pass plays. Have to fix that because BH might put it up 40 times. 

I say we clean up the penalties, stop missing extra points, get off the field on third and fourth down and we're right where we need to be this time of the season. I'll take a W any way it comes though. 

Once again, good game Jasper. . . Maybe even great from your side of things. 

*PS: Crosby fans, this looks a lot like the 25-20 win over over Ned to start the '14 season. Let's see how it finishes?

Jasper GAVE you two scores in 2 mins with turnovers.

You could also say Jasper wins 43 29 if they eliminate just two turnovers.  

Bottom line Jasper had the ball with 1:50 on the clock with a chance to win.

I imagine that does not sit well. Good luck in 5a.  There's real football waiting on you.  Although from what I have seen tonight it's not going to take much talent at the 5a level to send Crosby to a 4-6 record.

41 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

Jasper GAVE you two scores in 2 mins with turnovers.

You could also say Jasper wins 43 29 if they eliminate just two turnovers.  

Bottom line Jasper had the ball with 1:50 on the clock with a chance to win.

I imagine that does not sit well. Good luck in 5a.  There's real football waiting on you.  Although from what I have seen tonight it's not going to take much talent at the 5a level to send Crosby to a 4-6 record.

Is it just me, or is anyone else thinking, good thing WOS wasn't looking for a game?

Big congrats to Jasper.  Maybe the folks that do the state rankings should take notice.

I remember one year having Jasper come to Png and they beat the headdresses off of my indians, that Jasper defense was one of the best i have ever seen to beat us down, think one or two of those players went to A&M, complete men among boys that year, i think they went to state cant remember. Tried to tell the greatest show on turf that Jasper wasnt go be a cakewalk, just because of their classification, imagine what WOS could have done the last three years, i say they would have kicked Crosbys Arse myself

20 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Crosby is exactly who I said they were earlier in the week. Anemic on defense, questionable at the QB position, and totally dependent on Williams for anything and everything they might accomplish. That is not a recipe for a top notch season, it's a recipe for 6-4 like I said. Write it down now, BH beats that behind next week. 

mate you needed 2 tds called back two onside kicks and a clock operator that was actively trying to effect the game to be within 6. 

20 hours ago, T-daddy said:

Jasper fumbled the opening kickoff Crosby takes over on the 5 and scored .. next possession we fumble 2nd play from scrimmage Crosby punches it in from the 8 .. 13-0.. 2 minutes into the game... Crosby scored just about all their points as a result of a short field... I was proud of our Defense tonight!!! Offense has to hold onto the football 

what? 

We scored 4 more times, and you had 4 more offensive positions than Crosby. You can spin this however you want but you basically had every opportunity to win this game every 50/50 play and still loss. 

It's my opinion that Jasper should have won this game. 

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

mate you needed 2 tds called back two onside kicks and a clock operator that was actively trying to effect the game to be within 6. 

Not to mention, how do you even get a holding call that fast on a fade route where the QB literally catches the snap and throws it up. I hate that one was called back because Rooney straight up abused the db on that catch. Literally every single thing they needed to go right to win happened, down to the bad snap on the xp they threw up for a 2pt conversion, and they still lost. My takeaway from the game was that the defense needs to improve but good luck to the rest of the teams on the schedule keeping us off the 40 point mark. 

5 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

The only thing worse than a sore loser..... a sore winner.

Pitiful and classless.  Understand the program and players are class act.  Too bad thier fans can't represent as well. 

What do you want some of us to say dude, seriously? You get on here making stupid comments about us being two turnovers away from a loss against a team that fumbled the damn ball 13 times. The people that wanted Jasper to win feel like they could've and I'm sure Crosby fans feel like we were a couple of plays away from not even having this conversation. There's probably 20 "Good game Jasper" comments on the two threads and somehow we're classless for believing our point of view over yours. 

Please guy, you were one of the first ones on here to try to get your two cents talking trash to a team that won. How dumb does that sound, go back and read the thread man? You're very right though, Crosby is the only team in here that has to explain WINS! 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Not to mention, how do you even get a holding call that fast on a fade route where the QB literally catches the snap and throws it up. I hate that one was called back because Rooney straight up abused the db on that catch. Literally every single thing they needed to go right to win happened, down to the bad snap on the xp they threw up for a 2pt conversion, and they still lost. My takeaway from the game was that the defense needs to improve but good luck to the rest of the teams on the schedule keeping us off the 40 point mark. 

Man I tell you what I sure do love this new change of attitude and talk about jasper. Before the game you were saying 50 plus and now you come with the oh wow refs had to safe yall from that and now your making statements like good luck to the rest of the teams keeping us off the 40 mark. Dude, JASPER DID!!!! And according to you, y'all shouldn't have even played them and were about to drop 50 and call off the dogs at halftime. I swear getting a good game always come with some excuse and comeback and statement that is like a backhanded compliment. I have yet, to EVER, hear you simple say great game, y'all surprised us and simply leave it at that. That's why people are always on your butt about being a good winner because even though you say good game there is ALWAYS something else you say. A little excuse or "justified reason". Damn 14.2 you really don't know how to be a good winner do you.

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

The same WO-S that beats PNG and Nederland everytime one of those schedules them? 

The exact same WOS.  But if Crosby and WOS had played, there's no doubt in my mind that a lot of the Crosby fans (on this Forum) would've complained about driving so far to play someone that isn't competitive.  And odds are, would've started off the season with a L.  But those on this side of the Trinity know that.  Vidor takes a whuppin when they scrimmage them, and sadly, PAM & WOS don't (won't.) play, but that'd be a heckuva matchup.  So obviously the rest of 22-5A aren't going to sch them.  Justabout a "go to the bank" butt whippin'.

And (imo) why is because at WOS they still think defense is an integral part of the game, not just a place to put 11 guys who aren't good enough for their offense.  And these new, high powered offenses, and even older models like the Slot T, can put up big numbers - until they matchup with a D like WOS has.  And no, I don't live there, nor go to their games.  But I do admire the way their defense shuts down teams, and am proud of them winning back to back SC's.  That's a durn great accomplishment.

19 hours ago, Vpirate02 said:

Man I tell you what I sure do love this new change of attitude and talk about jasper. Before the game you were saying 50 plus and now you come with the oh wow refs had to safe yall from that and now your making statements like good luck to the rest of the teams keeping us off the 40 mark. Dude, JASPER DID!!!! And according to you, y'all shouldn't have even played them and were about to drop 50 and call off the dogs at halftime. I swear getting a good game always come with some excuse and comeback and statement that is like a backhanded compliment. I have yet, to EVER, hear you simple say great game, y'all surprised us and simply leave it at that. That's why people are always on your butt about being a good winner because even though you say good game there is ALWAYS something else you say. A little excuse or "justified reason". Damn 14.2 you really don't know how to be a good winner do you.

You're right, Jasper did keep us off the 40 point mark because we scored 42. We're two of three missed xps and one of our called back tds off the 50 I said we would get. I got it though. I will shut it down the rest of the year. I'm done, good luck getting 5k views on a meaningless Jasper/Crosby thread. I will let y'all continue your everybody/ every game and every community is great even though nobody around here ever wins jack except Newton and WOS.

Y'all have a good year, company gave me two turnarounds to plan for the first quarter anyway so I should be focused on those instead of wasting time on this. 

*PS: If you recorded HS Scoreboard last night you can go to Rick Renner's opening monologue on Crosby and see it is basically compiled off posts I made during the week on here concerning our record over the last 5 years and recent playoff history.