The Crosby/Jasper Crow Eating thread

Cougtalk

I expect Crosby to win but with all the hoopla of them being a smaller classification and getting no respect I wouldn't mind seeing Jasper get the W. Jasper has always been a tough team physically in my opinion and will show up to play. One way or another crow will be served, question is who will be eating it

7 hours ago, CHampGP753 said:

It happens. It is all in fun. I mean Crosby had to last year vs Fort Bend Marshall. Everyone underestimated the blazing speed and talent of that team.

That Marshall team was beat by Manvel 59-3 or something like that. They had 4 blowout wins only 3 of which were worse than the beating they put on Crosby. Their blowout wins were against monsters like Houston Sterling, Galena Park and Alief Hastings. If you look at their record last year almost all their wins were by 10 or less. 

Are we allowed to say it was a great game after all?  Just wondering, and noticed 14.2 labeled it a good game and gave Jasper some props.  Bulldog football is on the upswing imho.  Let's hope this is the sign of good things to come.  We have been pretty notorious slow starters the last few years so maybe there is quite a bit of upside from here.

I don't have any issue jumping on the crow thread. Crosby has to put 50/60 on Jasper in that game or not give up 36 and we did neither. Jasper played hard in their house and Crosby didn't take advantage of opportunities to put the game out of reach. 

For all you Jasper fans like JasperDawg still talking that hot garbage, welcome to what it's like when you play Crosby. You walk away with a moral victory and we walk away with a W. 

Seriously though Jasper fans I hope y'all win state, I see DC's has y'all ranked #9 preseason in your class. It's really been fun playing a new team and getting another fan base to hate me! We got bigger fish to fry in the Gas Pocket next week though. 

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It's really been fun playing a new team and getting another fan base to hate me! 

Hate follows a lack of respect.  Hate isn't what you are sensing though, it is called "cover up".  You are like a teflon crawfish.  Nothing going to stick to you and you have a million routes of escape before you will ever get caught in a wrong.  But yes, it has been fun watching you weave your way through your landmine of comments meant to make it seem like Jasper didn't deserve to be on the field with Crosby because they were 1/2 the size.  Be glad it wasn't Newton, because if it had been, you would be 0-1 thanks to a team 1/4 your size.  You obviously can't believe that but the rest of us here know it to be a fact!

I actually love watching a lot of the lower classifications play. Seen some hellacious small school football teams. Side note. Kinda funny how Cold Spring was a powerhouse for years. Then they run off a great coach and now Shepard whooping that arse. Give me a program and coaching regardless of enrollment any day.

I will put my three pregame quotes below and say I think Crosby is right where I'd thought we'd be:

I'd agree that Crosby is not an elite program but 50 wins in 5 years does make us a very good program. I do think Crosby wins this game relatively easily but I do think Jasper will play hard and if the Cougars take them lightly I think Jasper will make us pay for that. 

I don't think that will happen as this will be Crosby's first game and they will be very excited to play. I also think your opinion of the Cougars' QB's throwing ability will change after the game. I believe he is the best pure passer that Riordan has had since he's been in Crosby. 

Crosby's weakness currently is our defense. Jasper and every other team we play will score until someone or several someones step up to the Friday night level. They may grow into a good defense but I can't say they are there yet. 

I think this will be a fun game and a good one for both teams in getting ready for district play. 

We have had a very good program for the last 5 or so. I'm not saying we are the Meca of football. Just saying we are a solid 5A program. I will say that this year's team is the most unknown that we've had in a while. I think the offense will be good to very good. Defensively we just don't know yet. I do think the Cougars will beat Jasper but I don't think it will be a "waxing". 

Im looking forward to the game and getting to experience some Jasper Bulldog football. 

Also in my experience, once Riordan gets up, he doesn't run the score up. 1) he doesn't try to embarrass teams and 2) once up, instead of calling plays to keep scoring, he calls plays for the kids to work on and for film for future opponents. 

I'm not saying that will happen Friday night. I'm just saying I've seen many games over the last few years where Crosby could have put up much bigger numbers than they did. As a fan, at the time, I want us to keep scoring. But after my adrenaline comes down I am proud that I support a team that doesn't try to humiliate its opponents. 

11 hours ago, Hupernikomen said:

Hate follows a lack of respect.  Hate isn't what you are sensing though, it is called "cover up".  You are like a teflon crawfish.  Nothing going to stick to you and you have a million routes of escape before you will ever get caught in a wrong.  But yes, it has been fun watching you weave your way through your landmine of comments meant to make it seem like Jasper didn't deserve to be on the field with Crosby because they were 1/2 the size.  Be glad it wasn't Newton, because if it had been, you would be 0-1 thanks to a team 1/4 your size.  You obviously can't believe that but the rest of us here know it to be a fact!

Well, this is usually what happens after somebody plays Crosby. They take the moral victory, say "better be glad you weren't playing X squad" or point to the second round. 

I've been in here since 2011, I'm not going to crawfish on anything I've said. I still think Crosby should've blow Jasper out and we were a couple holding calls from doing so. Crosby got the ball across the goaline 9 times and missed three extra points, it's Crosby's fault we only scored 42 and I've said that multiple times already as well as "Jasper played s good game". I'll take what should've been at least a 52 point performance in a opener against a team we got a lot less possessions against than the other 7 spread teams we'll play in the district. IDK what you're talking about cover something up? You damn near got 60 put on you and you're still running your trap. 

They had a long interview with Riordan and some highlights of this game last night on High School Scorboard. After listening to that I actually feel even better about last night. 

On-sides are part of the game.  Good coaching and execution.   Don't hold and TD's stand (both of those calked back were on the same drive btw)   And Crosby had maybe 1 less 4th down attempt than Jasper   

Here how it should work after a great game:

Crosby looked every bit as advertised   They were very talented on offense.   The young qb had moments where he showed serious skill   The rb was in a class by himself on the field.   Jasper's offense executed nicely with some nice runs and good usage of their TEs.  I think Jasper's O-Line did an amazing job.  Crosby defense are excellent tacklers and play aggressive.  I think there is a lot more potential there than some of their fans think.  

It isnt often when jasper plays teams with that kind of speed and a defense that brings the lumber the way they did   Very glad Texanlive posted the game for us to watch   It was worth the watch    We aren't Manvel but I am quite certain we gave Crosby plenty of film to analyze and get better by   

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, this is usually what happens after somebody plays Crosby. They take the moral victory, say "better be glad you weren't playing X squad" or point to the second round. 

I've been in here since 2011, I'm not going to crawfish on anything I've said. I still think Crosby should've blow Jasper out and we were a couple holding calls from doing so. Crosby got the ball across the goaline 9 times and missed three extra points, it's Crosby's fault we only scored 42 and I've said that multiple times already as well as "Jasper played s good game". I'll take what should've been at least a 52 point performance in a opener against a team we got a lot less possessions against than the other 7 spread teams we'll play in the district. IDK what you're talking about cover something up? You damn near got 60 put on you and you're still running your trap. 

They had a long interview with Riordan and some highlights of this game last night on High School Scorboard. After listening to that I actually feel even better about last night. 

What about spotting you guys 13 points before the 10 minute mark of the 1st Q? Those two fumbles were gifts, nothing created by Crosby. It seems you want to overlook that part of the game.

Also, Jasper went for it on 4th and 3 from their own 20. Resulted in a FG for Crosby. IMO, that's 16 points "gifted" to you guys and you won by 6.

Paint it as pretty as you need. Fact is, Crosby not as good as you want them to be.

31 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

What about spotting you guys 13 points before the 10 minute mark of the 1st Q? Those two fumbles were gifts, nothing created by Crosby. It seems you want to overlook that part of the game.

Also, Jasper went for it on 4th and 3 from their own 20. Resulted in a FG for Crosby. IMO, that's 16 points "gifted" to you guys and you won by 6.

Paint it as pretty as you need. Fact is, Crosby not as good as you want them to be.

Yeah, and I'll tell you is this is the exact same conversation we had after the Twins graduated and we struggled to beat Nederland 25-20 at home to open the '14 season.

It's different if those were the only fumbles, they laid it on the ground 13 times. Those are coaching and execution issues, just like going for it on your own half of the field because your worried about stopping the opposing offense. Same reason you don't kick it to us to start the second half. I don't have paint a pretty anything, we won the game. People are on here breaking down reason we SHOULD'VE lost. Imagine if Crosby had fumbled the ball 13 times and was on here talking about, "Man, if we had only fumbled 11 times we would've had it". 

Crosby is never as good as I want them to be but like I've already stated several times, we're two holding calls away from this being a laughable conversation. I'll say we "gifted" them two tds and three missed xps and still won by 6. Our offense is fine, our defense will improve. Your acting like the game isn't four quarters long and EVERYTHING that happens between the whistles doesn't count??? We scored 42 points on a running team, we haven't done that to a single running team we've played the last 5 years, including Splendora. I'm fine with what we did. 

41 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

LOL.  I am done.  Good luck to Crosby the rest of the way.

I haven't said a whole lot since all of this started, but I'm with you on this. Our coaching staff did everything that they could to overcome all of the execution errors and at one time, a 29-7 deficit. Crosby (2.1) can say whatever he wants. At the end of the night, we had the ball with a chance to win the game and we came up short. That's football. On to Silsbee.