Newton 41 Silsbee 17/FINAL

WOSgrad

6 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee OL was terrible last year. Tyler mad it look fair with his speed. 

Poor statement as that was not the case at all.  

Tyler was an excellent back and made several plays on his own but for the most part O-Line was creating huge holes for him to run through by District.

Watch film.  Never even touched at line for most runs and was by linebackers before they knew it.  

Not taking away from his natural ability.  Superb back, but SEVERAL games of 300+ yards and SEVERAL LONG runs (50+) show how well they were performing as a team.

Patience people.  Raising a teams football IQ will not happen in two years.  

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

L-T, sure sounded to me like you were knocking Collins, saying this other guy can throw and run. I don't think the coach put his second best qb in as the starter. If the other kid had played and got the same results, which I believe he would have, then you would be wanting to have him replaced.

Are you president of the QB club?

If you'll go back and read ALL my comments you'll know I wasn't knocking Collins.

yes I'll admit rereading my first comment that it does sound like I was saying Lowe can throw but Collins cannot. However, I thought I made that very clear that that wasn't what i meant, the wording was just wrong.

Now, let me rephrase it to make it more clear: this has nothing to do with Collins, because the kid DOES have a very good arm and accurate. And this has nothing to do with the outcome of this game, I believe Newton was the better team regardless. Silsbee has always thrived with a dual threat qb, and with a weak offensive line I think (no im not an expert) a pocket passer is only as good as the blocking her receives. If you line Tre Lowe up in the backfield beside Adonis then I believe they could make more happen because of Tre's legs, and yes he can throw too ( which is what I meant by the original comment that got misunderstood)

At the end of the day, I'm not a coach. And I'm also human, so I apologize if I ruffled anyone's feathers or appeared to be speaking down on a kid who is doing the best he can. 

If Coach Smith puts anyone in the backfield it will be Taylor.  

Lowe is fast but I am no fan of his blocking or aggresiveness.  

Fixing the problem will net Lowe a TD a game off the passing game, removing him as a downfield threat will

only make the defense more bold.

Newton had 8 sometimes 9 in the box.  You can bet that Coach is working on a checkdown or audible for sure.

Maybe so guys. There is still a lot of football left to be played and time for improvments. I think over the past 10 or so years, Silsbee has had a very mobile QB with a good OL. The problem is now you don't have a mobile QB and a suspect OL. That doesn't equate to  much offense. We will see from here on out. I also think not having that 2nd scrimmage hurt a lot as well. 

10 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think Badsanta meant he's not mobile compared to the Silsbee QB's of recent history.  P. Reed, D. Thomas, W. Jones III, Ect...

Not sure Jones was a mobile QB in last years offense either.

Doesnt mean he wasnt.

I personally believe that this coach is trying to raise the football IQ on both sides of the ball.  It takes dedication.

I saw one special teams play, an no Im not talking about the field goal,  that changed the first half and kept Silsbee close.  

The ability to strike fear in a player/opponent and it show on the field was something 

new for Silsbee.  It brought them back to life, if only briefly.

I look for more of that to take root.  You cant have swagger without the ability to back it up with results.

25 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Not sure Jones was a mobile QB in last years offense either.

Doesnt mean he wasnt.

I personally believe that this coach is trying to raise the football IQ on both sides of the ball.  It takes dedication.

I saw one special teams play, an no Im not talking about the field goal,  that changed the first half and kept Silsbee close.  

The ability to strike fear in a player/opponent and it show on the field was something 

new for Silsbee.  It brought them back to life, if only briefly.

I look for more of that to take root.  You cant have swagger without the ability to back it up with results.

Ohh, he had some wheels when he did take off.  

...he wasn't too shabby on the relay team in track either (Jones).

21 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ohh, he had some wheels when he did take off.  

...he wasn't too shabby on the relay team in track either (Jones).

Jones definitely could run when he had to.  The difference between him, Thomas and Reed was he had a back that ran for around 3,000 yds thus he didn't have near the number of rushing attempts they had.

here is something else to look at. The year Adonis ran for 1300 yards, Dontre Thomas was running the spread. Dontre ran for 1800 yards and like 28 tds. Mackey had like 1200 yards receiving and Barnes had like 900. Dontre also threw for over 3000 and 30 or 40 tds. Silsbee offense isn't as Dynamic this year. You need to find ways to open the offense up get Barnes and Lowe on the edges and this will open it up for Adonis to pound away inside. 

I am making this statement after reading 4 pages of discussions....,Silsbee hasn't had practices or scrimmages for at least 2 weeks...they need reps to get better...this is not last year's team,even though this team has a very good core group that can win games...all the Tigers need is to get back to a normal routine.....TRUST ME .....TIGER NATION WILL BE FINE

4 minutes ago, PINETREE said:

I am making this statement after reading 4 pages of discussions....,Silsbee hasn't had practices or scrimmages for at least 2 weeks...they need reps to get better...this is not last year's team,even though this team has a very good core group that can win games...all the Tigers need is to get back to a normal routine.....TRUST ME .....TIGER NATION WILL BE FINE

I hope your right! But just keep in mind Newton was in the same boat. Let's hope the tigers can get things going though!