22-5A DEC Meeting This Week

WOSgrad

16 minutes ago, indianforever said:

Any ideas on how this will play out 

It depends on what various schools say at the meeting about their readiness to play.  It could range from what the district did after Rita where it got a waiver of the 5 day rule from the UIL/TEA and played an accelerated schedule (which the UIL has already said it will do for varsity games:

This is the hidden content, please
and had games every five days until they catched up to actually lopping games off of the district schedule.

23 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

It depends on what various schools say at the meeting about their readiness to play.  It could range from what the district did after Rita where it got a waiver of the 5 day rule from the UIL/TEA and played an accelerated schedule (which the UIL has already said it will do for varsity games:

This is the hidden content, please
and had games every five days until they catched up to actually lopping games off of the district schedule.

After Rita, they also had to play a reduced schedule, didn't play each team in the district.  I think that race ended in a coin flip.

47 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

After Rita, they also had to play a reduced schedule, didn't play each team in the district.  I think that race ended in a coin flip.

That's correct, that is what I meant by lopping games off of the district schedule.  Depending on Vidor's situation, they may have to do that again this year.

Well, the accelerated and reduced schedule, hopefully not the coin flip.  It makes for good movie scenes, but that is about it.

16 minutes ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Is it possible for the district to switch the games that are suppose to be played next week with November 3, Vidor's bye week? This would give Vidor until the 23rd before their first game. UIL would probably be understanding and allow the switch.

A very interesting solution and probably one that at the very least, Central, their scheduled opponent for next week, would go for.

Of course, that assumes that Vidor would be ready to go for games on the 22nd or 23rd.

10 minutes ago, Vpirate02 said:

Vidor posted on facebook that they would be returning to school the 19th so games on the 22 or 23rd would be possible.

Technically school does not have to be in session for games to be played. With Vidor it all depends on the number of players that can actually play. Plus I'm not sure the condition of their equipment. Even if the stadium is damaged they can play on the road. That's what Refugio is forced to do. 

10 minutes ago, AshlyVYPE said:

Technically school does not have to be in session for games to be played. With Vidor it all depends on the number of players that can actually play. Plus I'm not sure the condition of their equipment. Even if the stadium is damaged they can play on the road. That's what Refugio is forced to do. 

It appears that Memorial will be ready to play on the 15th despite PAISD not being ready to start until after that date.

3 hours ago, AshlyVYPE said:

Back in '05 w/ Rita, local teams had to play "home" games at other sites

it is my opinion that every stadium that is not in use per week should be available for any of these displaced teams. As far as equipment goes, if the equipment was ruined, have any vendors been contacted about potential donating equipment to these teams? What about the Texans? I've heard of NFL teams donating old equipment for these types of scenarios.

It makes me very sad to think about teams not being able to play this season. If there is a way, we should all bend over backward to get these kids on the field.

9 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

it is my opinion that every stadium that is not in use per week should be available for any of these displaced teams. As far as equipment goes, if the equipment was ruined, have any vendors been contacted about potential donating equipment to these teams? What about the Texans? I've heard of NFL teams donating old equipment for these types of scenarios.

It makes me very sad to think about teams not being able to play this season. If there is a way, we should all bend over backward to get these kids on the field.

Well said, football needs to be a part of the healing process. There has to be diversion, even for a few hours everyday.

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

I don't know that Vidor is even considering packing it in for the season.  The issue is simply when they will be able to get things cranked up and what District 22-5A can do to make sure they have as equal a shot at the district title as the other 8 teams that will be ready to go next week.  It is not only the right and proper thing to do, it is also mandated by the UIL. 

Those issues will be what dominates this meeting.

2 hours ago, 2wedge said:

I seen on Good Morning America where Micheal Strahan, Deon Sanders and Under Armour are equipping Houston CE King for the season.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

I don't know that Vidor is even considering packing it in for the season.  The issue is simply when they will be able to get things cranked up and what District 22-5A can do to make sure they have as equal a shot at the district title as the other 8 teams that will be ready to go next week.  It is not only the right and proper thing to do, it is also mandated by the UIL. 

Those issues will be what dominates this meeting.

You going to be in attendance?