Weekly LSU Games

UTfanatic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They gonna lose their top 2 juniors to the NFL in (RB) Derrius Guice and (DE) Arden Key. Both should be 1st round picks. 

The senior starters they lose include:

(QB) Danny Etling
(WR) DJ Chark - their best receiver
(WR) Russell Gage
(LT) KJ Malone
(DE) Christian LaCouture
(DT) Greg Gilmore
(LB) Donnie Alexander
(LB) Corey Thompson
(S) John Battle

Overall, they're losing a lot of their top tacklers on defense and their #1 QB, RB and WR. Unless they get some crazy QB transfer in the off season, I see LSU taking a slight step backwards next year. 

Gonna be interesting on labor day weekend next season

In my opinion offensively despite youth and inexperience Brennan and Narcisse bring much more ability to the QB spot vs Etling( even though I liked him a lot). Despite losing our 2 best running backs the OL will better, with them all possible returning. Plus the commintment of the  number one Juco OT Traore. Hopefully that will help our running backs for next year. 

The defense I think will be better. The interior line should be as talented as they have been in a long time. Aranda might finally have what he needs to run the 3-4 at its highest level. OLB will be a big question mark. We have 3 NG/DTs at 340 plus, a second year Chaissin should be better. 

All that being said are schedule is a lot tougher, especially starting off with Miami who returns 16 i believe. 

It definitely will be fun and interesting. I am glad the game is on a Sunday and I should be able to make it. If it was on a Saturday I couldn’t attend.