Hardin at Huntington

camsdad

38 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

My final 2 cents on the subject:

Hardin definitely would've beaten HD.  I'll be the first to admit that I underestimated HD last year and was pleasantly surprised by their success...But they lost too much and even if Hardin stayed the same as far as ability last year was a pretty close game.  Doesn't matter because we'll never know.  If Hodges is smart he'll get that game off the schedule for the next 2 years and he won't have to worry about it.

Back to this Huntington matchup.  Neither are very good I think...I think Huntington may be worse.  We'll find out.

And yes nobody is bashing Haynes.  The man is a good coach there's no doubt.  But yes he was viewed as the "savior" to the program when he came in.  Even good coaches can't win a race horce with a donkey.  And yeah the way he acquired the position may not have sat well with some.  Like me.  But it is what it is.  Just glad football is back around and I'm sure the kids are happy for some normalcy after the storm.

"Miracle worker, supernatural powers, shrine dedicated to him". I consider these jabs. I didn't say bashing. 

4 minutes ago, camsdad said:

"Miracle worker, supernatural powers, shrine dedicated to him". I consider these jabs. I didn't say bashing. 

Those are just a few of the things he has been called around here. There are a select few who really believe he is going to take Hardin back to the playoffs this year. Larry Haynes is literally "worshiped"  by some people in Hardin.

17 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Those are just a few of the things he has been called around here. There are a select few who really believe he is going to take Hardin back to the playoffs this year. Larry Haynes is literally "worshiped"  by some people in Hardin.

That's really sad if that's the case. 

5 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

My final 2 cents on the subject:

Hardin definitely would've beaten HD.  I'll be the first to admit that I underestimated HD last year and was pleasantly surprised by their success...But they lost too much and even if Hardin stayed the same as far as ability last year was a pretty close game.  Doesn't matter because we'll never know.  If Hodges is smart he'll get that game off the schedule for the next 2 years and he won't have to worry about it.

Back to this Huntington matchup.  Neither are very good I think...I think Huntington may be worse.  We'll find out.

And yes nobody is bashing Haynes.  The man is a good coach there's no doubt.  But yes he was viewed as the "savior" to the program when he came in.  Even good coaches can't win a race horce with a donkey.  And yeah the way he acquired the position may not have sat well with some.  Like me.  But it is what it is.  Just glad football is back around and I'm sure the kids are happy for some normalcy after the storm.

Wow lol. So your a  psychic now, you know for sure Hardin would have beat HD?! Huh no! Hardin said that last year, last time I checked 30-18 is not real close, I believe Hardin scored as time expired to get that 18 lol. Furthermore, two things you should know, 1st off, no HD Coach has ever took Hardin off a schedule because of avoiding them, secondly, no HD Coach has ever worried about the Hardin Hornets in regards to football, tennis or baseball maybe, not football. 

23 minutes ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

Wow lol. So your a  psychic now, you know for sure Hardin would have beat HD?! Huh no! Hardin said that last year, last time I checked 30-18 is not real close, I believe Hardin scored as time expired to get that 18 lol. Furthermore, two things you should know, 1st off, no HD Coach has ever took Hardin off a schedule because of avoiding them, secondly, no HD Coach has ever worried about the Hardin Hornets in regards to football, tennis or baseball maybe, not football. 

That's because they're terrified of all the

Horsemen over their. 

1 hour ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

Well well well.  I knew you couldn't avoid replying to me for forever.

I'm surprised you picked a post that I gave HD compliments to do it though.  Anyway...

If you must know...then yeah.  Maybe I am a psychic.  For instance, after HD's relatively good season last year I knew you'd come roaring back with the HD55 comments we all remember.  So there you go. I can see the future.  By the way...at least ONE HD coach took Hardin off the schedule.  Y'all didn't play them the 2 years before last...so.  Here's another prediction for you.  You'll never mention the Hardin/HD record in the last 10, 20, or 30 years.  Lol.  

26 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Well well well.  I knew you couldn't avoid replying to me for forever.

I'm surprised you picked a post that I gave HD compliments to do it though.  Anyway...

If you must know...then yeah.  Maybe I am a psychic.  For instance, after HD's relatively good season last year I knew you'd come roaring back with the HD55 comments we all remember.  So there you go. I can see the future.  By the way...at least ONE HD coach took Hardin off the schedule.  Y'all didn't play them the 2 years before last...so.  Here's another prediction for you.  You'll never mention the Hardin/HD record in the last 10, 20, or 30 years.  Lol.  

What is the record over that past 30 years?

14 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

From 1988-present, H-D leads the series 13-5.

From 1988-97: HD 7, Hardin 0

From 1998-2007: HD 3, Hardin 3

From 2008-present: HD 3, Hardin 2

Yeah I was implying that the series gets less and less one sided the more recent you get.  And the matchup is happening less and less.  Don't get me wrong...that should be the case.  HD continues dropping in enrollment so they should lose to a school with twice as many kids.  But..Hardin is still one of worst teams in the land in their classification.  Either way...I stand firm that Hardin probably would've gotten this year.  I guess we'll never know.