Hardin at Huntington

camsdad

59 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

The reports that I got is that they looked pretty good in their scrimmages, including the one against a pretty good Liberty team.

Not to take anything away from whethr or not Hardin is much improved...but this Liberty team isn't remotely close to the one they had last year.  I know people that know people and based on what I was told I'm pretty sure they were gutted by graduation.  Plus I think there were some key injuries in that particular scrimmage.  Doesn't mean anything about anything...but I wouldn't bet on Liberty being what they were a year ago.  Probably still competitive in that district (exept WOS) but not a good measuring stick for how Hardin is.

6 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Not to take anything away from whethr or not Hardin is much improved...but this Liberty team isn't remotely close to the one they had last year.  I know people that know people and based on what I was told I'm pretty sure they were gutted by graduation.  Plus I think there were some key injuries in that particular scrimmage.  Doesn't mean anything about anything...but I wouldn't bet on Liberty being what they were a year ago.  Probably still competitive in that district (exept WOS) but not a good measuring stick for how Hardin is.

Liberty lost a lot of skill players, but they have  a few talented young athletes that should be able to take on added responsibility.  

Hardin seems to be much improved on both sides of the ball. It'll be exciting to see how they do this week.

P.S.

Any statement that starts with, "I don't mean to take anything away from..." does just that. Liberty should have done much better than they did against Hardin. That said, it's just a scrimmage but I got the feeling liberty wanted to make a much better showing than they did. 

1 hour ago, bronco1 said:

Hardin seems to be much improved on both sides of the ball. It'll be exciting to see how they do this week.

P.S.

Any statement that starts with, "I don't mean to take anything away from..." does just that. Liberty should have done much better than they did against Hardin. That said, it's just a scrimmage but I got the feeling liberty wanted to make a much better showing than they did. 

You can say what you want...using the Liberty scrimmage as a measuring stick will end in disappointment.  Yes there's no question Hardin is improved.  They won zero games last year so I am betting they are improved.  Liberty had a very respectable season last year.  One of the best in the area...but they do not have the same team.  Take that how you choose.  They lost 2 college caliber backs...one of which I'm pretty sure I read broke the Liberty rushing record.  Thinking they'll be AS good again is silly.  So again.  Hardin is better, but hard to tell how much better because Liberty is worse.

Will find out for certain after Friday.  For both teams.

10 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

You can say what you want...using the Liberty scrimmage as a measuring stick will end in disappointment.  Yes there's no question Hardin is improved.  They won zero games last year so I am betting they are improved.  Liberty had a very respectable season last year.  One of the best in the area...but they do not have the same team.  Take that how you choose.  They lost 2 college caliber backs...one of which I'm pretty sure I read broke the Liberty rushing record.  Thinking they'll be AS good again is silly.  So again.  Hardin is better, but hard to tell how much better because Liberty is worse.

Will find out for certain after Friday.  For both teams.

That's funny, I'd heard that Larry Haynes cut the Liberty scrimmage short because they were getting beat up. Was it a controlled scrimmage or a timed half/quarter? What was the score?

I know Larry can coach, but dang that is a quick turnaround. 

28 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

That's funny, I'd heard that Larry Haynes cut the Liberty scrimmage short because they were getting beat up. Was it a controlled scrimmage or a timed half/quarter? What was the score?

I know Larry can coach, but dang that is a quick turnaround. 

I honestly don't know.  I didn't watch..just going on what I was told.  Hardin has there quarterback back (best player maybe)...which was injured all of last year during football season.  That alone will make them a better team.  Also..realize that "better" is a relative term.  Technically 1-9 is "better" than they did last year.  Don't say anything is turned around just yet.  I still don't think they'll win a district game.  My preseason guess for them was 3-7...but that was before the HD game was cancelled.  So scratch that.  

16 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I know for a fact he still looks on this site.

Is he/she not supposed to?.. Sorry I'm a little confused.  I figured out who you're talking about but did something happen?.. or is the person just obnoxious or what?.. Because surely that isn't a problem.  I could make a list of posters on this site that get on people's nerves.  (myself included) 

37 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Is he/she not supposed to?.. Sorry I'm a little confused.  I figured out who you're talking about but did something happen?.. or is the person just obnoxious or what?.. Because surely that isn't a problem.  I could make a list of posters on this site that get on people's nerves.  (myself included) 

Banned for breaking rules. Been banned and/or have asked us to delete his accounts here on multiple occasions.

Too many bridges burned.

You can still view this site if you are banned just not allowed to create an account and post.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Banned for breaking rules. Been banned and/or have asked us to delete his accounts here on multiple occasions.

Too many bridges burned.

You can still view this site if you are banned just not allowed to create an account and post.

Gotcha.  I truly had no idea...goes to show how much I pay attention.  I didn't remember any of the posts being that bad...but maybe I didn't notice.  I really thought they just stopped posting.  Kind of like my ole buddy HD55.  It hasn't been quite the same since he dissappeared.  Did that one get banned too?? Or just stop posting? 

5 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Gotcha.  I truly had no idea...goes to show how much I pay attention.  I didn't remember any of the posts being that bad...but maybe I didn't notice.  I really thought they just stopped posting.  Kind of like my ole buddy HD55.  It hasn't been quite the same since he dissappeared.  Did that one get banned too?? Or just stop posting? 

He's still around.  He posted some earlier this year.  He will probably do more once the season goes full steam.