Jasper playing Crosby

fishcat

13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, we all know it wouldn't truly be a Crosby thread until state championships are referenced. It's all good though Grad, the UIL is about to do us a solid too when they split the divisions next year. 

Hate to bust your bubble, 14.2.  But you remember that team, Fort Bend Marshall, that doubled y'all up last year in the area round?  They have an ADM of about 400 less students than you and will probably come down with you to DII in 2018.

Aledo, you remember them, don't you?  The 5A-II State Champion?  Have a ADM 80 students less than you so you could see them,

Good luck with your solid.

2 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Why are you throwing so much shade at Jasper? We're more than a worthy opponent for the Cougars. 

I don't think anybody is throwing shade. Crosby is over twice the size of Jasper. I think calling a matchup between the two teams a great game is just fan-speak because the two schools are in the coverage area, no other reason.

Playing up may be great and help out Jasper but o think there's a reason Crosby hasn't dropped down to play anybody in 15+ years. I will say I'm very thankful we're actually playing a game though. 

The whole argument of whether crosby and jasper should be playing is moot. Both teams and towns should be happy they are playing to take their mind off everything that has happened. There are still probably 100-200 teams in and around the Gulf Coast who are not playing next week. Heck it has been over 2 years since a typhoon hit where I am at and to this day the one gym on the island for our 3 high schools still has not been fixed.

The point is who cares who is playing who and if they should be playing when all that matters is that you are able to play.

24 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, we all know it wouldn't truly be a Crosby thread until state championships are referenced. It's all good though Grad, the UIL is about to do us a solid too when they split the divisions next year. 

If you are going D2 then the state championship has already been decided for that division in 2018 and 2019. And it's not Crosby.

12 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Hate to bust your bubble, 14.2.  But you remember that team, Fort Bend Marshall, that doubled y'all up last year in the area round?  They have an ADM of about 400 less students than you and will probably come down with you to DII in 2018.

Aledo, you remember them, don't you?  The 5A-II State Champion?  Have a ADM 80 students less than you so you could see them,

Good luck with your solid.

Yeah, and Cedar Park would've been D1 in the semis in '14 and at 2,348 Ridge Point would've been 6A when we were undefeated in '15 and actually got to play Angleton in the quarters who we had already demolished earlier that year. Didn't say we were going to win it every year but good try.

Appreciate the luck on the solid. It did wonders for y'all after not winning a title in almost 30 years. 

9 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, and Cedar Park would've been D1 in the semis in '14 and at 2,348 Ridge Point would've been 6A when we were undefeated in '15 and actually got to play Angleton in the quarters who we had already demolished earlier that year. Didn't say we were going to win it every year but good try.

Appreciate the luck on the solid. It did wonders for y'all after not winning a title in almost 30 years. 

Yeah, 3 and 4 made nice additions to the trophy case on Newton St.  Beat some decent teams to get it.

But like I said good luck with the solid, maybe it will allow you play for a state championship for the first time since Eisenhower was President.

17 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Now whos bringing up titles and history. Never thought i would see that. Wow 14.2 you're usually better and more sharp than that. These jasper fans along with ole grad getting you all worked up huh....

12 minutes ago, RaiderRed30 said:

The whole argument of whether crosby and jasper should be playing is moot. Both teams and towns should be happy they are playing to take their mind off everything that has happened. There are still probably 100-200 teams in and around the Gulf Coast who are not playing next week. Heck it has been over 2 years since a typhoon hit where I am at and to this day the one gym on the island for our 3 high schools still has not been fixed.

The point is who cares who is playing who and if they should be playing when all that matters is that you are able to play.

Who is arguing whether Crosby and Jasper should be playing? Who has said they're ungrateful to be playing? The question was, "Why or how did this become a great game?" Everybody is excited to play, I think we've moved beyond the storm to actual football stuff. 

15 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Who is arguing whether Crosby and Jasper should be playing? Who has said they're ungrateful to be playing? The question was, "Why or how did this become a great game?" Everybody is excited to play, I think we've moved beyond the storm to actual football stuff. 

Would it be a great game if it was Carthage? because if it was I'd pick Carthage on my pickems

47 minutes ago, RaiderRed30 said:

There's so many teams still looking for games no need to argue over this one, I'm just happy we get a chance to play before district starts. Jasper may have a slight advantage and that's only because of travel but trust me coach rio will have them prepared. Oh and Manvel is still looking for a game and is willing to travel as of 1000 today so go ahead and email coach Martin if your team is looking for a game lol 

7 minutes ago, CCbigfan said:

There's so many teams still looking for games no need to argue over this one, I'm just happy we get a chance to play before district starts. Jasper may have a slight advantage and that's only because of travel but trust me coach rio will have them prepared. Oh and Manvel is still looking for a game and is willing to travel as of 1000 today so go ahead and email coach Martin if your team is looking for a game lol 

48 minutes ago, Vpirate02 said:

Now whos bringing up titles and history. Never thought i would see that. Wow 14.2 you're usually better and more sharp than that. These jasper fans along with ole grad getting you all worked up huh....

Nah, I'm on nights for refinery start up and I'm salary so I'm not getting paid like the other people here working so that may be the little annoyance you sense. 

Grad tried to point out where splitting divisions wouldn't have helped Crosby and I pointed out where they would've. That's completely different than pointing out a game none of the kids were even alive for 33 years ago or pointing to titles that were won before half the schools winning them now even existed. 

19 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby has already been practicing. Great matchup how? We have twice the kids y'all do and really get no satisfaction from a win against Jasper. I can see why it may be a good matchup for Jasper but Crosby hasn't dropped down to play anybody for at least 15 years. I can see this being a very hard game for the Crosby kids to get up for. We go from having our game against the #1 team in the state cancelled to another cancellation against a 6A playoff team to a dang near three hour bus ride to drop down and play a 4A squad. I understand it was the only for sure game we could make, it's just disappointing but at least the kids have a game before district starts.

This should be a great match-up... just hope Crosby can get some practice time this week before entering the dog house.

lol ... I'm thankful y'all have been practicing... when your on that 3 hour bus ride and you start noticing the drive getting darker and darker your gonna realize your not playing a bunch of city boys.. these piney woods boys don't care how many A's you've got next to your classification.  

I said this game should be a good match up ... the reason is I've herd y'all run the spread our Defensive secondary will match up well against your offense. our offense should control the game and time of possession... 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That's cool. I would pick almost every team in this coverage area over LCM though. 

Aw come on now. We for sure can beat Cleveland. You have to realize they have 4a programs that can beat the 5a Crosby. I know you think highly of your Cougars and all.  Crosby does lead the series against my Bears 4-3

1 hour ago, T-daddy said:

This should be a great match-up... just hope Crosby can get some practice time this week before entering the dog house.

lol ... I'm thankful y'all have been practicing... when your on that 3 hour bus ride and you start noticing the drive getting darker and darker your gonna realize your not playing a bunch of city boys.. these piney woods boys don't care how many A's you've got next to your classification.  

I said this game should be a good match up ... the reason is I've herd y'all run the spread our Defensive secondary will match up well against your offense. our offense should control the game and time of possession... 

I mean, after watching what is supposed to be Jasper's highlight film I don't see why you would think that? Last team you played that ran a spread dropped 50 on you. The way y'all line up against on defense against the spread formation and the way your dbs cover, it looks to me like Crosby should easily be in the mid 40's by the time Riordan shuts them down.

This is the hidden content, please

12 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Aw come on now. We for sure can beat Cleveland. You have to realize they have 4a programs that can beat the 5a Crosby. I know you think highly of your Cougars and all.  Crosby does lead the series against my Bears 4-3

Maybe so, but we'll never find out after this year because we never drop down to play them. Riordan gets a lot better calls from around the metro area so unless we have a hurricane there's no need to test that theory.