Jasper playing Crosby

fishcat

27 minutes ago, T-daddy said:

This should be a great match-up... just hope Crosby can get some practice time this week before entering the dog house.

Crosby has already been practicing. Great matchup how? We have twice the kids y'all do and really get no satisfaction from a win against Jasper. I can see why it may be a good matchup for Jasper but Crosby hasn't dropped down to play anybody for at least 15 years. I can see this being a very hard game for the Crosby kids to get up for. We go from having our game against the #1 team in the state cancelled to another cancellation against a 6A playoff team to a dang near three hour bus ride to drop down and play a 4A squad. I understand it was the only for sure game we could make, it's just disappointing but at least the kids have a game before district starts.

Maybe 2,500 on visitors side 3,5000 on home side . We were getting good facilities then school board got voted out the ones in there now not doing much to finish facilities. Parking stinks handicapped parking they try to haul them in & out . Facilities are excellent but school board needs to finish everything else up. I got feeling it's not going to happen till we get that bunch out

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

How is the seating on the visitors side ?  Crosby travels pretty good.  Should I get there early ?

5 minutes ago, fishcat said:

Maybe 2,500 on visitors side 3,5000 on home side . We were getting good facilities then school board got voted out the ones in there now not doing much to finish facilities. Parking stinks handicapped parking they try to haul them in & out . Facilities are excellent but school board needs to finish everything else up. I got feeling it's not going to happen till we get that bunch out

I'm new to Jasper. There seems to be plenty of parking but you have to walk along way. 

3 hours ago, fishcat said:

I'll tell you one thing y'all better tighten your chin straps & pull up yaws jock straps because this this is not going to be a push over game when yaw come to the Dawg House

What's special about playing in the "Dawg House"? I just looked at the last four years of home records and Jasper is 13-5 with wins over 4A teams. On the other hand, Crosby's home record in that same span is 20-0 with wins over all 5A and 6A teams. We'll see though, Jasper definitely has one advantage with the long travel time for Crosby. Probably have to take charter buses. 

14 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby has already been practicing. Great matchup how? We have twice the kids y'all do and really get no satisfaction from a win against Jasper. I can see why it may be a good matchup for Jasper but Crosby hasn't dropped down to play anybody for at least 15 years. I can see this being a very hard game for the Crosby kids to get up for. We go from having our game against the #1 team in the state cancelled to another cancellation against a 6A playoff team to a dang near three hour bus ride to drop down and play a 4A squad. I understand it was the only for sure game we could make, it's just disappointing but at least the kids have a game before district starts.

This should be a great match-up... just hope Crosby can get some practice time this week before entering the dog house.

lol ... I'm thankful y'all have been practicing... when your on that 3 hour bus ride and you start noticing the drive getting darker and darker your gonna realize your not playing a bunch of city boys.. these piney woods boys don't care how many A's you've got next to your classification.  

3 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Have a feeling that there are gonna be a whole bunch of Jasper Bulldog fans by the time Friday rolls around!

I would hope so. I never expected Crosby to look down on playing us considering everything that's going on, but they'll feel differently come Friday night. Should be a really good ballgame, too. 

23 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I would hope so. I never expected Crosby to look down on playing us considering everything that's going on, but they'll feel differently come Friday night. Should be a really good ballgame, too. 

Well, you know, 92, nobody in Southeast Texas is worth being on the same field as the by God, almighty Crosby Cougars.  They their fo.....no......thr.......no.....two....no....one....no state championships.  That to go along with their fo...no....thr....no.....two....no...one state title game appearance.  I mean, this episode with the Jasper ISD super this spring must have Darrell Barbay off of his game for him to schedule a game that he knows he can't win.  Heck, I don't even know why Jeff Riordan even thought this game was worth his time!

6 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, you know, 92, nobody in Southeast Texas is worth being on the same field as the by God, almighty Crosby Cougars.  They their fo.....no......thr.......no.....two....no....one....no state championships.  That to go along with their fo...no....thr....no.....two....no...one....no state title game appearances.  I mean, this episode with the Jasper ISD super this spring must have Darrell Barbay off of his game for him to schedule a game that he knows he can't win.  Heck, I don't even know why Jeff Riordan even thought this game was worth his time!

I wish I had a copy of the '84 playoff game with them. We're not as good as that team, but Crosby needs a little history lesson so that they know what those country boys have done to them...

37 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

your welcome for this correction. at the jungle the past four years the cougars record is 19-1

What home game has Crosby lost the last four years? Last home loss was in district play five years ago to Summer Creek. You can point out which game you're talking about though, I even posted the link so you could do it quicker.

Matter of fact I'll make it even quicker. 

2016 losses - @Manvel, @Porter, neutral to FB Marshall

2015 losses - neutral to FB Ridge Point 

2014 losses - @CE King, neutral to Cedar Park

2013 losses - @Summer Creek, neutral to Elgin

You welcome back, now you can erase your correction.

This is the hidden content, please

16 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

This is the hidden content, please
  I thought  everyone knew how good of a source max preps is (NO it isnt) .  i guess u dont have as good as an administrator for yalls websit as we do over here at setx sports.

I just recalled every loss off the top of my head. I don't need a site. Like I said, you're welcome for the proper correction. 

1 hour ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I wish I had a copy of the '84 playoff game with them. We're not as good as that team, but Crosby needs a little history lesson so that they know what those country boys have done to them...

Lol, the 'ole SETX history lesson. You're right though, 33 years ago is ancient history but I realize that's what y'all hold on to over there. I'm sure the reason we played Jasper then was because our towns were similar in size, three and a half decades later the towns are in two different places. There's no history to that, it's just facts. Heck, last time Crosby and Jasper played some of our coaches probably weren't even born. 

16 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Over the last 4 season the Cougars are 42-9, and most importantly, are 19-1 at home in the Jungle.

Yeah, that's fine. Which game was it though? Maybe ask one of the administrators since you can't seem to find it yourself? We're actually 43-8 by the way. 

2016: 9-3

2015: 11-1

2014: 13-2

2013: 10-2 

I can this is going to be an exercise in futility though. So even though I can prove my point and you can't I'm going to let you have that one. 

2 hours ago, T-daddy said:

lol ... I'm thankful y'all have been practicing... when your on that 3 hour bus ride and you start noticing the drive getting darker and darker your gonna realize your not playing a bunch of city boys.. these piney woods boys don't care how many A's you've got next to your classification.  

Yeah, I know it gets dark over there. Hasn't seemed to work since we came to Nederland five years ago. Then again, all those games were against 5A teams during the playoffs or teams that eventually made the playoffs. I guess Jasper is going to show us though. 

2 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, you know, 92, nobody in Southeast Texas is worth being on the same field as the by God, almighty Crosby Cougars.  They their fo.....no......thr.......no.....two....no....one....no state championships.  That to go along with their fo...no....thr....no.....two....no...one....no state title game appearances.  I mean, this episode with the Jasper ISD super this spring must have Darrell Barbay off of his game for him to schedule a game that he knows he can't win.  Heck, I don't even know why Jeff Riordan even thought this game was worth his time!

Well, we all know it wouldn't truly be a Crosby thread until state championships are referenced. It's all good though Grad, the UIL is about to do us a solid too when they split the divisions next year.