Summer creek high to house kingwood

#COUGAR08

Co-worker lives in the district and says everybody is wanting their kids to go to KP but there isn't any room to house them. Said Atascocita was an option as well as rotating days at Summer Creek with SC going Monday, Wednesday and a Friday with Kingwood going Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I guess they're having/had a vote to see which option gets picked. 

I know the UIL is allowing kids to transfer that were effected by the storm. As far as 21-5A I figured KP might be a little more formidable if they're allowed to have athletes from big brother to transfer in. 

Summer Creek will house Kingwood and they will split time at school. IDK how that's going to sit with some of the Kingwood faithful having to send their kid to what's considered the "hood" school in the district along with Humble. I would imagine all the people between Kingwood dr and Northpark dr will push hard for the kids to go to the closer Kingwood Park. Very interested to see what KP might do on the football field with a potential 6A enrollment playing in 21-5A?

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Summer Creek will house Kingwood and they will split time at school. IDK how that's going to sit with some of the Kingwood faithful having to send their kid to what's considered the "hood" school in the district along with Humble. I would imagine all the people between Kingwood dr and Northpark dr will push hard for the kids to go to the closer Kingwood Park. Very interested to see what KP might do on the football field with a potential 6A enrollment playing in 21-5A?

kingwood park is at capacity every single school year. 

Kingwood is almost twice as large. 

No chance they could house Kingwood. Summer Creek was the only option. 

5 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

kingwood park is at capacity every single school year. 

Kingwood is almost twice as large. 

No chance they could house Kingwood. Summer Creek was the only option. 

SC was at capacity four years after they built it. The only schools in Humble ISD that aren't at capacity are Humble and Kingwood. Even Atascocita is over capacity which is why Humble ISD is getting another high school to relieve them. KP wasn't an option during the vote to house Kingwood, the point is that the UIL is allowing kids effected by the storm to transfer for athletic purposes.

I'm sure there will be athletes that live blocks south of Northpark dr that are zoned to Kingwood and will want to go to KP to play football or baseball instead of having to get bused all the way inside the beltway to SC. IDK how the UIL will look at this specific situation since the entire school will be housed elsewhere but I think since they're in the same district the UIL wouldn't mind being the two schools are only three miles apart vs almost thirteen miles to SC and would probably take 45mins to an hour to get down W Lake Houston in the morning.

On 9/5/2017 at 11:37 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

SC was at capacity four years after they built it. The only schools in Humble ISD that aren't at capacity are Humble and Kingwood. Even Atascocita is over capacity which is why Humble ISD is getting another high school to relieve them. KP wasn't an option during the vote to house Kingwood, the point is that the UIL is allowing kids effected by the storm to transfer for athletic purposes.

I'm sure there will be athletes that live blocks south of Northpark dr that are zoned to Kingwood and will want to go to KP to play football or baseball instead of having to get bused all the way inside the beltway to SC. IDK how the UIL will look at this specific situation since the entire school will be housed elsewhere but I think since they're in the same district the UIL wouldn't mind being the two schools are only three miles apart vs almost thirteen miles to SC and would probably take 45mins to an hour to get down W Lake Houston in the morning.

No it's not about what kingwood parents want the way KWP works is it has a strict numbers cap they will have to get someone to give up their spot at KWP to get into KWP.