Silsbee @ Newton

EaglesFootball

1 hour ago, EaglesFootball said:

Is this going to be able to be played? I know Newton is practicing Monday and starting school Tuesday, but what's the status is Silsbee? 

Doesn't look like it's going to happen. Silsbee High School is now off limits. It is being used by the state as a hospital and staging area for rescuers and rescues. It is also housing first responders and border patrol.

Silsbee schools are closed until further notice.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Doesn't look like it's going to happen. Silsbee High School is now off limits. It is being used by the state as a hospital and staging area for rescuers and rescues. It is also housing first responders and border patrol.

Silsbee schools are closed until further notice.

I doubt the Silsbee or Bridge city game will happen , might even lose East chambers game.  Been a rough week and it's not near over .  

On 9/3/2017 at 1:23 PM, fishcat said:

You must have watched a different scrimmage than I watched

I agree, that if it would of been a real game it would of been a Newton blowout. Jasper only scored once with there 1st team offense and that should of been a pick for Newton but instead of DB picking it off he slapped it away and a jasper guy caught a surprise ball. Newton scored a couple times with the 1st team. During the redzone work Newton scored 4 out of 6 plays and Jasper scored 3 times. So not sure what the discussion is about go watch the tape. The eye in the sky doesn't lie. Newton was vanilla with coverage stuff didn't want to show anything the route stuff was easy but Newton stayed in same coverage never got out of it. 

Newton always see it different.  Score was 3 to 3 with one jasper score coming on defense while Newton had one of their scores come against our second team defense with most of their starters still in on offense,  newton has a good team but tell the truth when you put things on public forums.  After newton scored two quick touchdowns our defense pretty much shut em down after that.  The goal line stuff jasper was shifting people in and out so how can you really count that.  

4 hours ago, Back2swag said:

Look like someone out the loop, enjoy the retirement life ;) 

What part of my comment that you quoted was untrue? The high school is currently a MASH unit, guarded by armed border patrol officers. My wife and mother-in-law were there yesterday and saw this first hand.

As for me stating that I didn't think the game would be played because of these facts, glad I was wrong. You yourself posted that you doubted the game would be played.

I am hardly retired.

35 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

What part of my comment that you quoted was untrue? The high school is currently a MASH unit, guarded by armed border patrol officers. My wife and mother-in-law were there yesterday and saw this first hand.

As for me stating that I didn't think the game would be played because of these facts, glad I was wrong. You yourself posted that you doubted the game would be played.

I am hardly retired.

We had the same type of Mash set up at my warehouse at IAH airport. We finally were able to get them to allow us to use two of our dock doors. They have now pulled out so at least over here we see a little light at the end of the tunnel.