Nederland at Dayton

bulldog81

We've had two days in the weight room last Thursday and Friday and regular practices starting Monday. I'm sure the Broncos will be ready to play somebody Friday, now whether that somebody is Nederland or not is yet to be determined. I believe some schools are still having games that start back on the 11th. Let's hope we play, someone.

13 minutes ago, chorizo said:

Not predicting anything more than,the dogs will be better than many expect..just remember that comment later down the road..

I agree with that statement, don't sleep on the Dawgs, they will be better than last year for sure. They are playing with a chip on their shoulder and without all the drama of last season, I expect Nederland to be playoff team.

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

This game is a toss up. Dayton needs this win to start the season off on a positive note, but on paper Ned looks to be returning more. Defense will be the determining factor in this game.

I don't think Dayton is going to be a playoff team this year but I think they'll have enough to beat Nederland by a couple of scores. Hard to know what Ned will be without ever seeing the new coach actually coach in a game but it doesn't look like anything really changed with Ned on the field. Nederland has a very small defensive line and if Dayton has anything up front I could see Ned struggling to contain Santee. Question with Dayton as it's been the last couple year is, "What do they get from the qb position?"  

8 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I don't think Dayton is going to be a playoff team this year but I think they'll have enough to beat Nederland by a couple of scores. Hard to know what Ned will be without ever seeing the new coach actually coach in a game but it doesn't look like anything really changed with Ned on the field. Nederland has a very small defensive line and if Dayton has anything up front I could see Ned struggling to contain Santee. Question with Dayton as it's been the last couple year is, "What do they get from the qb position?"  

I'm not really worried about qb play. I'm more worried that Dayton hasn't been able to spell the word defense let alone play it since Stewart left. Once again last year Dayton was close to the bottom of our district defensively giving up a little over 32 pts a game. Hard to beat teams when you have to score over 30 to win every game. 

1 hour ago, workbootz said:

Dayton by 3 TDs and a field goal 

You could be right (especially with the new coach), but I doubt it.  Like Dayton, Nederland has had a historically successful football program, and with that comes Tradition.  Never overlook teams with successful traditions.  There ain't no quit in them Bulldogs.

5 minutes ago, REBgp said:

You could be right (especially with the new coach), but I doubt it.  Like Dayton, Nederland has had a historically successful football program, and with that comes Tradition.  Never overlook teams with successful traditions.  There ain't no quit in them Bulldogs.

Tradition builds stadiums, Coaches and Cats win games.