Perspective

oldschool2

So bad.  Even though we have all witnessed an unimaginable event, I have never been more proud to live in Texas.  I have made somewhat of a list that we WILL overcome as a state. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected.

Houston ISD serves 220,000 kids. Neighboring Humble ISD 40,000 kids. Sheldon ISD where most campuses are still flooded 8900. There are another 10 school districts in the same county as Houston alone. Port Aransaa ISD (where the storm hit) has been closed indefinitely. 600 kids to move to a neighboring district. Almost every single one homeless. Beaumont ISD still covered in multiple feet of water, 20,000 students. Port Arthur ISD with water rescues happening today 8700 students. Wharton ISD had water rescues yesterday and they serve 2200 students. Not to mention all of the smaller districts along the coastal region that were affected.  All told, there are close to half a million students still not in school. Start days scattered from Tuesday after Labor Day to the following Monday. Many will be starting at a different campus or district than they thought two weeks ago. Tens of thousands without school supplies, clothes or even a home. Teachers and coaches  returning to work when they too have lost everything. 

Word just out that Kingwood HS and Summer Creek HS will share the SCHS campus.  KHS is out of service for about a year according to local sources.  Two options that the parents have to chose from:

1.  Schools split everyday 8-12 for one school and 1-5 for the other. Or,

2.  M/W/F for one school and T/Th/Sat for the other.

Neither one is optimal.  Many of us KPHS football families plan on attending as many KHS games as our schedule will allow.  It's just the right thing to do for these kids and this community.

3 hours ago, KPFan said:

Word just out that Kingwood HS and Summer Creek HS will share the SCHS campus.  KHS is out of service for about a year according to local sources.  Two options that the parents have to chose from:

1.  Schools split everyday 8-12 for one school and 1-5 for the other. Or,

2.  M/W/F for one school and T/Th/Sat for the other.

Neither one is optimal.  Many of us KPHS football families plan on attending as many KHS games as our schedule will allow.  It's just the right thing to do for these kids and this community.

Couldn't they temporarily merge the school.

I'm sure the school isn't big enough like FB Marshall which housed Marshall on one floor and Willoridge on the other due to mold issues.

In any case. Its a bad situation for Kingwood I hate to hear that