Week 2 Cancellations

WOSgrad

On September 2, 2017 at 2:34 PM, WOSgrad said:

I-10 to Winnie is now open.  96 and 62 should be open by next Friday.

62 may be open, but unless they turn one side of 96 into a two lane road between Silsbee and Lumberton, it won't be.  The Sountbound side (I think) bridge over Village creek is partially washed away (either S or N bound).  I hope they do that, but with potential bridge structural damage, I doubt it.  Possibly go to Silsbee and take road to Kountze & take 69 south.  But 62 probably best option.

Based this post on videos I've seen.  Lot of misinformation floating around, so if someone can confirm, or refute, we'd all appreciate it.  

4 minutes ago, REBgp said:

62 may be open, but unless they turn one side of 96 into a two lane road between Silsbee and Lumberton, it won't be.  The Sountbound side (I think) bridge over Village creek is partially washed away (either S or N bound).  I hope they do that, but with potential bridge structural damage, I doubt it.  Possibly go to Silsbee and take road to Kountze & take 69 south.  But 62 probably best option.

Based this post on videos I've seen.  Lot of misinformation floating around, so if someone can confirm, or refute, we'd all appreciate it.  

Right now, the path from Silsbee to Kountze is closed due to flooding and according to the DOT's website won't be open until Friday morning.

4 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Right now, the path from Silsbee to Kountze is closed due to flooding and according to the DOT's website won't be open until Friday morning.

I knew it had been closed, but thought it may be open sooner.  If I were an Eagle fan, I'd stick to 62.

8 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Hwy 327 between Kountze and Silsbee is now open as of tonight. US 96 Northbound will be closed due to a collapsed bridge (small one next to the actual VC bridge) according to Drivetexas website until about 01/01/18, more than likely short section of southbound will become a 2 way highway.

6 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

Hwy 327 between Kountze and Silsbee is now open as of tonight. US 96 Northbound will be closed due to a collapsed bridge (small one next to the actual VC bridge) according to Drivetexas website until about 01/01/18, more than likely short section of southbound will become a 2 way highway.

Correct.  If the dates on drivetexas hold,the best route might be for the Wildcats as this point will be to take 96 to Buna and jump on 62 and take that all the way down to 73 in Bridge City and take that to Winnie.  326 between Sour Lake and Hwy 90 and 1-10 between Vidor and Rose City are closed until Friday.