Real nice Rangers

14 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

This is the hidden content, please

in other news, Jerry has hosted the Texans this week.  If they really are led by heartless asshats, maybe the Strangers could at least have taken some PR lesson from the king. 

Cowboys hosting Texans, TCU hosting Rice and tu hosting Cougar High. Rangers really look bad with this move.

15 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Cowboys hosting Texans, TCU hosting Rice and tu hosting Cougar High. Rangers really look bad with this move.

I mean, who is running things up there?  On what universe did they think they weren't going to get hammered on this?   Of course, those are beside the point of just being decent human beings and helping people in need...

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Kinda totally different things.  I have no doubt that if the series didn't coincide, and the Rangers had an empty stadium, that the Astros would be playing in it this week.  

I posted this on Catt's Facebook, so I'll post it here as well, with a few modifications: 

Reading the whole story, the Rangers were in a tough spot.  I'm not saying I totally agree with what they're doing, but I understand why they did it.  The Astros have the division locked up, but the rangers are in the middle of fighting for a wildcard spot.  Had they switched series, the Rangers would've had to end the season on a 4-city, 12 game road trip, while possibly still fighting for a spot in the playoffs.  This would greatly reduce their chances to make the postseason.  They offered to play the games this week in Arlington as the away team, while giving the Astros all revenue from the games.  Not perfect, and not necessarily the right thing to do, but not exactly how Reid Ryan is portraying it, which is that the Rangers were just trying to be dicks.  Rangers GM Jon Daniels said that he was "cringing" while negotiating with the Astros over switching series, but since the Astros team itself is not in danger, he chose to do what was best for his team and fanbase.  I'd hate to be in his position, where doing what's best for his team looks bad, but making a hollow, almost meaningless offer to the Astros that hurts his team makes him look good.  I think the Rangers should've instead offered the revenue from the games to Houston flood relief, rather than to the Astros themselves, and it would've been a better move.  If that had been the case, both teams could've come out okay, with the Rangers not hurting their playoff chances, while donating millions of dollars to flood relief, and the Astros giving up the revenue of a few meaningless home games (which they've now done anyway) that would go straight to helping flood victims.   to me, this would afford much more tangible help to Houston than giving them a couple of meaningless home games in a playoff race they've already won.  I think it's also fair to say that of the 100,000 or so fans that would have benefited by attending these games in person, many or most will not have been directly affected by flooding, and even if they were, there are many more flood-effected Rangers fan in the Houston area who would gain a similar "morale boost" by seeing the Rangers make the playoffs.  Just my two cents on the matter.

9 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I posted this on Catt's Facebook, so I'll post it here as well, with a few modifications: 

Reading the whole story, the Rangers were in a tough spot.  I'm not saying I totally agree with what they're doing, but I understand why they did it.  The Astros have the division locked up, but the rangers are in the middle of fighting for a wildcard spot.  Had they switched series, the Rangers would've had to end the season on a 4-city, 12 game road trip, while possibly still fighting for a spot in the playoffs.  This would greatly reduce their chances to make the postseason.  They offered to play the games this week in Arlington as the away team, while giving the Astros all revenue from the games.  Not perfect, and not necessarily the right thing to do, but not exactly how Reid Ryan is portraying it, which is that the Rangers were just trying to be dicks.  Rangers GM Jon Daniels said that he was "cringing" while negotiating with the Astros over switching series, but since the Astros team itself is not in danger, he chose to do what was best for his team and fanbase.  I'd hate to be in his position, where doing what's best for his team looks bad, but making a hollow, almost meaningless offer to the Astros that hurts his team makes him look good.  I think the Rangers should've instead offered the revenue from the games to Houston flood relief, rather than to the Astros themselves, and it would've been a better move.  If that had been the case, both teams could've come out okay, with the Rangers not hurting their playoff chances, while donating millions of dollars to flood relief, and the Astros giving up the revenue of a few meaningless home games (which they've now done anyway) that would go straight to helping flood victims.   to me, this would afford much more tangible help to Houston than giving them a couple of meaningless home games in a playoff race they've already won.  I think it's also fair to say that of the 100,000 or so fans that would have benefited by attending these games in person, many or most will not have been directly affected by flooding, and even if they were, there are many more flood-effected Rangers fan in the Houston area who would gain a similar "morale boost" by seeing the Rangers make the playoffs.  Just my two cents on the matter.

Blah blah blah

You know how I feel bullets, and you and I usually agree.  I get what you are saying but sometimes, we have to do things that maybe aren't the best for us.  We do it because it's the "right" thing and hopefully set an example for others.  And I think that "cringing" Daniels felt during his talks with the Astros was what's left of his conscience...

Because that would mean the Astros fans that got out and would want to see the game would have to rent hotels and eat out at the restaurants there. If I were Reid I wouldn't give that place even that much revenue. Tampa is going to donate all the revenues to the hurricane cause. That's how it should be. Rangers owner just thinking about 25 men's lives who are able to go to there homes each night and not the hundreds of thousands that can't at this point. What an A _ _!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

Because that would mean the Astros fans that got out and would want to see the game would have to rent hotels and eat out at the restaurants there. If I were Reid I wouldn't give that place even that much revenue. Tampa is going to donate all the revenues to the hurricane cause. That's how it should be. Rangers owner just thinking about 25 men's lives who are able to go to there homes each night and not the hundreds of thousands that can't at this point. What an A _ _!!!!!!

Preach! 

I understand that Houston turned down Texas' offer after Texas turned down Houston's offer. But you still just say, "Yes, whatever you need."  The atmosphere in Dallas tonight would have been incredible and showed our State's unity.  Instead, the Rangers have gotten horrible publicity and deservedly so imo.  Tampa is donating to the cause, including some from tourism for this series.  Yes, Texas when asked to swap said, "No, we'll play all 6 in Arlington and throw some coin your way."  

Whatever the reason, presumably for a playoff push that I now hope falls short, the Rangers declined to be the person we want our friends to be.  And it looks bad.  Justify it any way you want, but they could have just swapped, looked like the good guys, and maybe Karma would have gotten them that last wild card spot.  Opportunity missed in my eyes, the eyes of someone who isn't a fan of either club. 

Why won't you say what it really is? The astros turned down the RANGERS offer so they could save a home series. All about money. 

Let me paint a picture for you: You lost the ability to live in your house due to the hurricane, just like the astros have lost their ability to play at home. I open up my house to you. Are you going to come in and tell me how I should run my house hold? Of course you wouldn't. You would be grateful that I lent a helping hand, regardless of what you think about me. The RANGERS gave the astros an offer and they turned it down. They chose to go to Tampa to play the game. Don't make the RSNGERS out to be bad guys because the astros wanted to save a home series. 

Oh and by the way, no one cares how or what you vote for!!!