Starting to hear word of cancellations in the Houston area.

WOSgrad

SETX games that seem to be currently affected by school closures

Thursday

6A

Pearland Dawson/Conroe Oak Ridge

Spring Dekaney/North Shore

5A

Baytown Lee/Houston Westbury

Magnolia/Kingwood Park

3A

La Marque at Houston Sterling

6man

Houston Mount Carmel/Crosby Victory and Praise

Friday

6A

Atascocita at La Porte

Baytown Sterling at Clear Lake

Dayton at Channelview

Conroe at Cypress Springs

Goose Creek Memorial at Tomball Memorial

Montgomery at Strake Jesuit

Cypress Fairbanks/College Park

5A

Katy Tompkins at Humble

Conroe Caney Creek at Houston Northbrook

Lumberton at Porter

Manvel at Crosby

New Caney at Livingston

4A

Cleveland at Shepherd

Private

Houston Milby at Houston Lutheran North

Houston Northland Christian at Houston Lutheran South

Houston St. Thomas at Houston Kinkaid

Las Vegas Faith Lutheran at Houston St. Pius X

Tomball Rosehill Christian at Conroe Northside

Cypress Christian at Bryan Brazos Christian

Tomball Concordia Lutheran at Houston St. John's

Katy Faith West vs. Brazosport Christian

Seguin Lifegate at Alvin Living Stones

Marshall Christian vs. Baytown Christian

Saturday

6A

Kingwood at Fort Bend Ridge Point

Pasadena Dobie at Summer Creek

College Park/Pasadena Memorial

5A

St. Paul/Beaumont Ozen

Private

Waco Live Oak vs. High Island

Bay Area Christian/Galveston O'Connell

Orange Community Christian/Houston Emery-Weiner

Per Coach Babin, as of now, the game is still on for Saturday at 6.  However, it may be cancelled so Coach Babin is actively searching for potential Week 1 opponent should the game fall through.

If your school gets caught without a dance partner for this weekend and still wish to play, you can contact Coach Babin at [email protected].

I don't know guys.  After watching KFDM all day long, the chance of there being football is not that good.  Let's think about this.  After just two days of this event, drainage systems are taxed to the breaking point and we have, if forecasts are correct, three more days of the same, if not worse.  You are gonna have major flooding which will prevent schools from operating and teams from practicing.  The likelihood is good that many players will be displaced as a result of this weather, possibly some coaches, too.

Look, I want more than anything for these kids to take the field Friday night.  I have been waiting on this since Christmas!  I spent a good part of the spring and summer preparing for it.  But we gotta remember that this weather will create issues that will bump Friday Night Football down on the list of priorities.

2 hours ago, Kegger said:

Teams can still fill their bye with a game. Seems like there will be a lot of options depending on who has your same bye week. However not all schools are willing to give up their bye week. I hope most will so those seniors don't miss out on a game.

If the West Brook and Central game is cancelled, it won't be made up.  The 2 schools have a bye week but it's during different weeks.

I agree, if Central misses out on this game, I'd hope the coaches would at least try to pull off a game the week of September 29th to give the boys 10 games.  Just some possible week 6 opponents The Woodlands (no thanks), Crosby (my pick), Cleveland, Huffman-Hargrave, LC-M, Navasota, etc. plus a lot of schools around Houston.

it's totally up to the schools if they want to try and fill a game during the bye week...

1) Most don't like playing ten straight games, so they simply don't fill it, especially if the bye falls during district play

2) Even if they want to fill it, they have to find an opponent who is also willing to play

95% of cancelled non-district games are not made up

19 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

it's totally up to the schools if they want to try and fill a game during the bye week...

1) Most don't like playing ten straight games, so they simply don't fill it, especially if the bye falls during district play

2) Even if they want to fill it, they have to find an opponent who is also willing to play

95% of cancelled non-district games are not made up

You are correct, just wishful thinking...

I believe there is no point in posting any game predictions. I am certain no local games will be played this week. No sense in trying to prepare for anything in this mess. Just call week 1 a wash (no pun intended) and move on to your week 2 opponent.

We are forecast to get 15-20 more inches of rain up to Friday. Only playable stadiums locally would be Da Butch, Memorial, The Rez and Lumberton. East Chambers and Hardin may be playable but parking and getting there would be problematic.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I believe there is no point in posting any game predictions. I am certain no local games will be played this week. No sense in trying to prepare for anything in this mess. Just call week 1 a wash (no pun intended) and move on to your week 2 opponent.

We are forecast to get 15-20 more inches of rain up to Friday. Only playable stadiums locally would be Da Butch, Memorial, The Rez and Lumberton. East Chambers and Hardin may be playable but parking and getting there would be problematic.

For this reason, hope you are wrong.  I know both sets of coaches, players and true fans want this one to happen.  Neither team has an advantage of practice time, they both started on August 14th.  Neither team has had a scrimmage, they were both cancelled.  Channel 12 news said we only have a 20% chance of rain Friday.  Let's play it...