Crosby vs Manvel Week 1

songone

2 hours ago, One4All said:

Once again incorrect..... Crosby is just okay don't make it out to be more than what it really is

Dude, you literally got on here and asked if I attended s scrimmage. Sounds to me like you're trying to make more out of a practice than it really is. I watched every single play though. From my point of view there were going to be a lot of plays like the one I linked at the bottom. Try to stop Williams on 20+ carries like the first one against Ned. Patterson had three tds alone against Ned on his highlight. 

Like I said, Ned is hoping to make the playoffs while Crosby is trying to win their fourth consecutive district championship. Neumann was 1-5 against Crosby with his only win coming with what was probably his best team in his 20+ year tenure. 

Williams - 

This is the hidden content, please

Patterson - 

45 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dude, you literally got on here and asked if I attended s scrimmage. Sounds to me like you're trying to make more out of a practice than it really is. I watched every single play though. From my point of view there were going to be a lot of plays like the one I linked at the bottom. Try to stop Williams on 20+ carries like the first one against Ned. Patterson had three tds alone against Ned on his highlight. 

Like I said, Ned is hoping to make the playoffs while Crosby is trying to win their fourth consecutive district championship. Neumann was 1-5 against Crosby with his only win coming with what was probably his best team in his 20+ year tenure. 

Williams - 

Patterson - 

No.... you was on here trying to make excuses about how the scrimmage was played .. with all of your Shoulda Coulda Woulda... in this scrimmage Crosby did not dominate Nederland  like you want everyone to believe.... 

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby only ran 28 offensive plays in that game and scored 33 points. That's with a pick 6 called back and another TD for holding behind the play. Vidor ran over 70 plays and was down 11 points win less than 2 mins left in the game. Vidor also tied for your district championship. 

I we have different definitions of close. Crosby hammered BH 42-18, BH lost to PNG by 5 points and had the ball with a minute left and a chance to win. I guess you have to get the DC's to see what it says?

Wasn't that last year?

5 hours ago, One4All said:

No.... you was on here trying to make excuses about how the scrimmage was played .. with all of your Shoulda Coulda Woulda... in this scrimmage Crosby did not dominate Nederland  like you want everyone to believe.... 

I said Crosby would go undefeated since we don't play Manvel. Then unprovoked  YOU ask if I watched the scrimmage, meaning YOU think a scrimmage has any bearing on anything. YOU used the word dominate, not me. I could give a crap less what people believe about a scrimmage. There's not a single coach or fan base who is going to take Crosby any more or less serious based on a scrimmage.

I guess when your squad is struggling to become relevant again you have to point to every moral victory possible though? Dayton coaches sat right on side of us, I don't even think they were concerned enough with what they saw from Nederland to take notes? I think Dayton is going to beat Nederland comfortably, yet probably won't even make the playoffs in our district. May not be saying much though, since they beat y'all last year and neither made the playoffs. 

Crosby has one of the best backs in the state and a very good QB.  Receivers did not show much, but it's early.  Their defense was not as good as past Crosby teams.  They can feed that RB and beat most in the region, especially with the QB they have.... HOWEVER, Nederland will give Dayton more than they want... I don't care how much this guy has irritated you.  Nederland has as many if not more horses than Dayton.

50 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Wasn't that last year?

Yeah, after I made a comment about Vidor's pass defense RBB said we played Vidor close in a playoff game and that they have a bad pass defense. Implying we should've beat them by more like PNG did if their pass defense was bad. I reminded him of your struggle with 3rd place BH even though they were hammered twice by 20+ in district play. I was also highlighting how few plays we ran we actually needed to run during our bi-district game, averaged 15 yards per carry so there was really no need to throw it.

I'm on to our second undefeated district championship of the four consecutive and our 9th bi-district win the last ten years, but every now and then you have to point things out from prior seasons. 

Geeze.... I leave you fellas alone and you start fighting...

Let me say this about Scrimmages, all Scrimmages. 

They don't mean a darn thing, not even a little. 

Coaches aren't game planning, kids aren't keying in on what they need to do to win. 

Some Players don't really even want to be there. 

You can learn things from scrimmages. You can learn which kids can catch a ball, which kids can hit a hole, and which kids can win on the o-line and d-line other than that you don't learn hardly anything. 

Because what does J.Howard do on 3rd and 15 in a scrimmage is going to be very different than what he will do in a game, also the defense will have to play different because in a scrimmage they don't have to contain the QB. 

The Crosby/Huffman Scrimmage would have been a ton different if the QB's got to run because both those kids look slippery. 

That being said I didn't go to the Nederland Scrimmage and probably won't see Crosby play until the 2nd or 3rd week of district. (live at least, I'll see them on the net.)

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I said Crosby would go undefeated since we don't play Manvel. Then unprovoked  YOU ask if I watched the scrimmage, meaning YOU think a scrimmage has any bearing on anything. YOU used the word dominate, not me. I could give a crap less what people believe about a scrimmage. There's not a single coach or fan base who is going to take Crosby any more or less serious based on a scrimmage.

I guess when your squad is struggling to become relevant again you have to point to every moral victory possible though? Dayton coaches sat right on side of us, I don't even think they were concerned enough with what they saw from Nederland to take notes? I think Dayton is going to beat Nederland comfortably, yet probably won't even make the playoffs in our district. May not be saying much though, since they beat y'all last year and neither made the playoffs. 

My Squard is NOT Struggling at All....