Port Neches-Groves vs Silsbee lets hear your thoughts??

prepballfan

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I don't eat them, but my brother Biaplayer always seem to have a bag when I attend a game with him there...

I think ole Playa is locked up in a mental institute right now. I am sure he will bust out by Friday. I use him as personal security on Fridays for several months!! Hes a big ole boy...........

12 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I beg to differ on Week 3. Its always a walk in the park. Unless 22 studs moved into Chumperton, I see the outcome as usual. No offense, but PNG will have at least, the top 5 athletes on the field. And that is just hard to overcome. Plus the game is at PNG. its 14-0 before Chumperton steps off the bus. I like your rah rah ness (new word I made up) Chump11, but i just dont see it being a win for the Chumps. But if it is, I will eat crow, but as history states, i am usually hungry after the Chumperton game, because I never have crow soup to eat..... And for Silsbee, if they do beat PNG, they are legit......... And since I am the self proclaimed Stat guru, I will make a promise to all the Chumpees.... I will do my best to get together a post season Chump Bowl for you....

I wouldn't say a walk in park. Last year we had a fumbling problem and yalls defense was a lot better than it will be this year. The year before it was a lot closer than the scores appears. We drop a game tying td at halftime that completely killed any momentum we had, and PNG came out in the second half and put it on us. I'll give y'all that. 

PNG will always be a tough game and y'all will always play hard, but I'm telling you it won't be no walk in the park. Now, I don't blame you for thinking that way and until we beat y'all then that won't change, but I'm just saying don't be so quick to overlook us this year or in the years to come. Babin is building something special. 

Now back to the thread topic, we will know a lot from both teams after this game. Up until now it's been useless making predictions because you can't judge anything from a scrimmage. RJ will be on fire as usual, and nobody will stop him but slowing him down is the key. If the offensive line can't hold their blocks, and if ends can keep containment, then I could see silsbee secondary shutting the pass attack down. All that's left to do is stop RJ from running. A lot easier said than done, but it's possible. Assignment football is what it's gonna take.

adonis WILL keep the sticks moving. Silsbee qb is still unproven so that's the weak spot. Question is, will coach rely on Adonis and win this game, or work on the passing game some to get Collins ready for district and risk a possible preseason loss that means nothing but bragging rights? This will be a great game to watch. Completion on both sides will be good. Just hope both teams can stay injury free.

16 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I think ole Playa is locked up in a mental institute right now. I am sure he will bust out by Friday. I use him as personal security on Fridays for several months!! Hes a big ole boy...........

Lol.  He's pretty docile while eating peanuts though.  But let his peanuts run out and the Indians playing horrible.  Let me tell you, lmbo

36 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I beg to differ on Week 3. Its always a walk in the park. Unless 22 studs moved into Chumperton, I see the outcome as usual. No offense, but PNG will have at least, the top 5 athletes on the field. And that is just hard to overcome. Plus the game is at PNG. its 14-0 before Chumperton steps off the bus. I like your rah rah ness (new word I made up) Chump11, but i just dont see it being a win for the Chumps. But if it is, I will eat crow, but as history states, i am usually hungry after the Chumperton game, because I never have crow soup to eat..... And for Silsbee, if they do beat PNG, they are legit......... And since I am the self proclaimed Stat guru, I will make a promise to all the Chumpees.... I will do my best to get together a post season Chump Bowl for you....

Game is 14-0 before the game starts?  Did y'all hire that guy who runs the scoreboard at Bulldog stadium lol

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

I wouldn't say a walk in park. Last year we had a fumbling problem and yalls defense was a lot better than it will be this year. The year before it was a lot closer than the scores appears. We drop a game tying td at halftime that completely killed any momentum we had, and PNG came out in the second half and put it on us. I'll give y'all that. 

PNG will always be a tough game and y'all will always play hard, but I'm telling you it won't be no walk in the park. Now, I don't blame you for thinking that way and until we beat y'all then that won't change, but I'm just saying don't be so quick to overlook us this year or in the years to come. Babin is building something special. 

Now back to the thread topic, we will know a lot from both teams after this game. Up until now it's been useless making predictions because you can't judge anything from a scrimmage. RJ will be on fire as usual, and nobody will stop him but slowing him down is the key. If the offensive line can't hold their blocks, and if ends can keep containment, then I could see silsbee secondary shutting the pass attack down. All that's left to do is stop RJ from running. A lot easier said than done, but it's possible. Assignment football is what it's gonna take.

adonis WILL keep the sticks moving. Silsbee qb is still unproven so that's the weak spot. Question is, will coach rely on Adonis and win this game, or work on the passing game some to get Collins ready for district and risk a possible preseason loss that means nothing but bragging rights? This will be a great game to watch. Completion on both sides will be good. Just hope both teams can stay injury free.

I like your Moxie!!!! It seems to me every new year brings new hope. But excuses are excuses... A W is a W. And a L is an L. I am not quite sure why everyone has this premonition the the P.N.G. defense is about to lay a goose egg. I can promise all the readers this. It is no better are worse than any defense BF has put on the field. But IMO this defense is faster and more athletic than the last few. So I will take that any day of the week. Will they be lights out no... Will they be good enough to do what they usually do... Yes... Offensively, we will be just as good as usual. P.N.G. is not a football factory, so we never have size........ But if you are correct, then Chumperton should be the TRUTH in the district right along with PAM. And if i am wrong PNG will be a bottom feeder and miss the playoffs. 

I do not know the stats, but i am sure W.O.S. Grad can help me out. I would think that the top 3 in the district are usually the top 3 a high percent of the time. If you are correct, this year might not be the norm.....

Alphabetical order

Central

Nederland

PNG

When PAM was not in the mix, i think it was easier for the Chumpees and the Vidors of the world.

But with PAM in the mix, its a given they are a top 4 team. So there are only 3 spots left, hard to get in with the above mentioned. I think everyone is sleeping on Nederland. 

9 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I do not know the stats, but i am sure W.O.S. Grad can help me out. I would think that the top 3 in the district are usually the top 3 a high percent of the time. If you are correct, this year might not be the norm.....

Alphabetical order

Central

Nederland

PNG

When PAM was not in the mix, i think it was easier for the Chumpees and the Vidors of the world.

But with PAM in the mix, its a given they are a top 4 team. So there are only 3 spots left, hard to get in with the above mentioned. I think everyone is sleeping on Nederland. 

I don't know what the actual numbers are, but that statement sounds about right.

38 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I like your Moxie!!!! It seems to me every new year brings new hope. But excuses are excuses... A W is a W. And a L is an L. I am not quite sure why everyone has this premonition the the P.N.G. defense is about to lay a goose egg. I can promise all the readers this. It is no better are worse than any defense BF has put on the field. But IMO this defense is faster and more athletic than the last few. So I will take that any day of the week. Will they be lights out no... Will they be good enough to do what they usually do... Yes... Offensively, we will be just as good as usual. P.N.G. is not a football factory, so we never have size........ But if you are correct, then Chumperton should be the TRUTH in the district right along with PAM. And if i am wrong PNG will be a bottom feeder and miss the playoffs. 

Alphabetical order

Central

Nederland

PNG

SHHHHHHH, we're doing a good job of biting our lips over here.

2 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Alphabetical order

Central

Nederland

PNG

You are correct about not sleeping on Ned. Was very impressed @ some of the things I saw in the Ned vs Crosby scrimmage. They have some kids that can go. Defense looks to be undersized but very athletic. Do not think they will be a 1 or 2 spot, but will be in the mix for the 3 - 4 spot. You are also correct about Lumberton and Vidor. Which of the above schools will they be able to pick off to make it in. If Vidor and Lumberton lose to PNG and PAM, which will they be able to sneak up on? Central or Ned? Then each must win against each other, then beat the rest that they are suppose to. Gonna be interesting! But I am also saying, do not sleep on Silsbee week one! Adonis and that soph can go! QB, when given time, can throw it! Defense is very athletic & fly to the ball! If they can stay disciplined and play their asssignments and contain, might be along night for  the Indians!  

4 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

You are correct about not sleeping on Ned. Was very impressed @ some of the things I saw in the Ned vs Crosby scrimmage. They have some kids that can go. Defense looks to be undersized but very athletic. Do not think they will be a 1 or 2 spot, but will be in the mix for the 3 - 4 spot. You are also correct about Lumberton and Vidor. Which of the above schools will they be able to pick off to make it in. If Vidor and Lumberton lose to PNG and PAM, which will they be able to sneak up on? Central or Ned? Then each must win against each other, then beat the rest that they are suppose to. Gonna be interesting! But I am also saying, do not sleep on Silsbee week one! Adonis and that soph can go! QB, when given time, can throw it! Defense is very athletic & fly to the ball! If they can stay disciplined and play their asssignments and contain, might be along night for  the Indians!  

I think Silsbee is a great tune up. They have team speed and will get us ready for district play. Win or lose it will be a good matchup for us to learn from. I know everyone gets excited about teams before the season, but it all usually ends up the same year in year out on results. I watched Vidor and they are awfully slow on defense, but have good size. I just do not think with the style of offense they run that they will be in the picture. To me, the toss up is Nederland. I do not think they are loaded with talent, but pedigree helps. They are not used to losing, so IMO it will be hard for a Lumberton and Vidor to beat them. Who knows, its all speculation, other than PAM is by far, the favorite.

I believe the Tiger offense can score in the high 20's like they did last year. The question is can the Tiger defense slow down the Indians offense. I don't think the Indians offense is as good as last year, maybe a half a step behind. So, can the Tiger defense slow down the Indians offense by a couple of TD's. I think this year will be a more competitive game. TigerNation!!!