Port Neches-Groves vs Silsbee lets hear your thoughts??

prepballfan

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

I think this will be a much better game than last year. Silsbee has a whole year under their new coach. I think this could be an interesting ballgame. 

I completely agree.  A lot of those young guns return on defense for Silbee, and they're getting after it from what I've seen.  

Like I've said before, arguably the fastest kid in Texas is on this Silsbee offense and I expect him to be utilized a lot more this year.  

PN-G always has a good scheme that the kids buy into so they'll be ready on offense, but the defense ....  I just don't see them being as good as last year with LeJune not patrolling the middle...

8 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Not concerned about this game at all. Vidor is PNG's first competitive game. After that the real season starts. This is like extended preseason. 42-21 PNG. Not a good sign if PNG loses this one though.

lol we'll see about that. Don't think this or week 3 is gonna be a walk in the park.

3 hours ago, chorizo said:

From what I hear from some faithful,defense may struggle!!!

After watching both the PNG and Vidor defenses against WOS, Vidor is the more physical and stronger looking defense. PNG looks to be the smaller, more athletic defense though. Play their assignments very well. Can cover sideline to sideline better than the Vidor D could. Vidor's Offense had an awful lot of 3 & outs and seemed to struggle a bit. Do not seem to have it all together quite yet. Silsbee' defense is improved from last years, but they still aren't to the level of what PNG saw from WOS. Expect PNG vs Silsbee to be a high scoring game. 

PNG is well coached and is always going be very competitive at the least. This year will be no different. Silbee has lacked in several aspects in the past but in my opinion, under Coach Smith, they have been fixed. PNG WILL NOT FACE THE TIGERS OF OLD. Tiger defense will get after you and make no mistake about it they will hit! The offense will execute and with a strong right side Offensive line they will give the QB time and the backs holes. Tigers handle the Indians and give them an early gut check. JMO! 

18 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

We can always play in Port Neches again.  

Ltown is at Porter, so that would be an option.

First game.  Meaningless scrimmages (for won-lost record) are over.  Definitely a lot of guessing going on.  All that said (my disclaimer), I think this ones closer than some may think.  PNG by 7.  Ignore Silsbee at your own peril.

15 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I'm walking tall! Granted my brother will have to back it all up but im confident. This website needs some pot stirring anyways

Dadgum Big Bro, I like the strategy.  You smack talk and Roschon has to carry the load lol.  On the plus side, he can, and he has a pretty good supporting cast.  Going to be a fun ride :) 

43 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Ltown is at Porter, so that would be an option.

First game.  Meaningless scrimmages (for won-lost record) are over.  Definitely a lot of guessing going on.  All that said (my disclaimer), I think this ones closer than some may think.  PNG by 7.  Ignore Silsbee at your own peril.

Lumberton is an option.  Or play at Da Butch on Saturday.  Saturday is open...

15 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

lol we'll see about that. Don't think this or week 3 is gonna be a walk in the park.

I beg to differ on Week 3. Its always a walk in the park. Unless 22 studs moved into Chumperton, I see the outcome as usual. No offense, but PNG will have at least, the top 5 athletes on the field. And that is just hard to overcome. Plus the game is at PNG. its 14-0 before Chumperton steps off the bus. I like your rah rah ness (new word I made up) Chump11, but i just dont see it being a win for the Chumps. But if it is, I will eat crow, but as history states, i am usually hungry after the Chumperton game, because I never have crow soup to eat..... And for Silsbee, if they do beat PNG, they are legit......... And since I am the self proclaimed Stat guru, I will make a promise to all the Chumpees.... I will do my best to get together a post season Chump Bowl for you....