Deweyville at East Chambers Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

Buccaneers 42 Pirates 7 in 4 live Qtrs. Despite the score, I have to say that I like what I saw from Deweyville. East Chambers is very talented on both sides of the ball. The Pirates offense managed to move the ball well but had a couple costly turnovers in the first half. One being a scoop-and-six for the Bucs defense...21-7 at half. Deweyville dresses only 23 Pirates in total (9th-12th grade) but show to be a scrappy, well conditioned bunch. Looking forward to a great year with Coach Prouse. Go Pirates!

4 hours ago, uknowit2 said:

I've been away from SETX football for quite some time. Is Newton still playing 11 player football or are they 6 man?

Heavens no, Newton is very much 11 man, although some of their opponents have stated there seem like 13 or 14 Eagles out there.  There's been some talk about Newton and WOS moving into JUCO Football for competition, but nothing finalized yet.

On August 25, 2017 at 11:36 PM, RedJollyRoger said:

Buccaneers 42 Pirates 7 in 4 live Qtrs. Despite the score, I have to say that I like what I saw from Deweyville. East Chambers is very talented on both sides of the ball. The Pirates offense managed to move the ball well but had a couple costly turnovers in the first half. One being a scoop-and-six for the Bucs defense...21-7 at half. Deweyville dresses only 23 Pirates in total (9th-12th grade) but show to be a scrappy, well conditioned bunch. Looking forward to a great year with Coach Prouse. Go Pirates!

With only 23 Pirates, that was a decent showing.  Any idea why so few?  Being 2A-D1 I'd expect at least 40 kids out, although WH only has 32 I heard.

Good luck this year Pirates.